RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 21:53 Quote
mokydot wrote:
giveitall14 wrote:
9.9 for that kona, not a fan of how the lauf fork looks but am sure its a function over fashion.

My month old Kona Honzo
photo

really nice bike dude. Book
dude

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 22:57 Quote
blob425 wrote:
that canyon gets a 10/10 in my books, love the very stealth look of the bike and love that you are on an aluminum frame! I bet it rips with diamond fork upfront!

Here is my 2017 meta am v3 built up with Srsuntour Durolux and DUair or Rockshox Lyrik and Monarch rt3 (i prefer suntour Big Grin )

photo
or
photo

full build list:
Durolux r2c2 20mm axle 170 travel / lyrik rc 160 15mm axle
DUair Rc rear shock with xl air can and custom tune by suntour / monarch rt3 (non debonair Frown )
FUNN 35 stem upfront
spank spike 800 vibrocore (for my pleasure Cool )
dmr death grips thick in tango
sram nx drivetrain (keep it cheap for when it explodes Big Grin )
Hope tech 3 v4 upfront with e4 in back with michelin braided hoses
Maxxis highroller 2 upfront and dhr 2 outback
spank spoon 32 on custom pro wheel builder spokes on sapim alloy nipples laced to chinese hubs (tubeless)
Prototype trucker co brake pads for the hope brakes and trucker Co Tire sealant
Nukeproof electron evo pedals ( i like plastic cause it doesnt lose its color )
brand x dropper and a seatpost color (hope orange color on the way)
wtb volt saddle for my fatass
just needs an orange shift cable and dropper cable, blue titanium bolt kit in transit (for bling) and some orange valve caps and orange cable end thingys

She may not be a lust worthy carbon bike but she keeps kicking no matter what i do to her!
if interested in my bikes go to my youtube channel Trail Chasers
if you want suntour products for 25% off use discount code TrailChasers on envelo.cc (case sensitive)
and if you want 30% off trucker co use the code TC30 at checkout

THIS BIKE WAS BUILT SO I COULD GET ON AND GIVE ER'

also sorry for awful photos, still learning to use a dslr lol
haha funny to find u here, im looking around for anybody talking about a durolux and found ur post lol still on edge about ordering one

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 8:13 Quote
mattyfatty2002 wrote:
blob425 wrote:
that canyon gets a 10/10 in my books, love the very stealth look of the bike and love that you are on an aluminum frame! I bet it rips with diamond fork upfront!

Here is my 2017 meta am v3 built up with Srsuntour Durolux and DUair or Rockshox Lyrik and Monarch rt3 (i prefer suntour Big Grin )

photo
or
photo

full build list:
DUair Rc rear shock with xl air can and custom tune by suntour / monarch rt3 (non debonair Frown )
FUNN 35 stem upfront
spank spoon 32 on custom pro wheel builder spokes on sapim alloy nipples laced to chinese hubs (tubeless)
just needs an orange shift cable and dropper cable, blue titanium bolt kit in transit (for bling) and some orange valve caps and orange cable end thingys

She may not be a lust worthy carbon bike but she keeps kicking no matter what i do to her!
if you want suntour products for 25% off use discount code TrailChasers on envelo.cc (case sensitive)

haha funny to find u here, im looking around for anybody talking about a durolux and found ur post lol still on edge about ordering one
Why In your right mind would you get a durulox over a fox 36 factory? While the durulox is a solid fork for the money, it doesn't come close to the factory fox offerings.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
mattyfatty2002 wrote:
blob425 wrote:

photo
or
photo

full build list:
FUNN 35 stem upfront

Why In your right mind would you get a durulox over a fox 36 factory? While the durulox is a solid fork for the money, it doesn't come close to the factory fox offerings.

Honestly I came off a lyrik with the charger and I really don't notice a difference in performance, if your looking for a super beefy fork that doesn't carry the pricetage of fox or rockshox the durolix is a no brainier, plus the durolix offers a wider range of tuning, the fox 36 is a super awesome fork and if you get the rc2 version you won't be disappointed, but if your on a tighter budget this provides just as much performance as a lyrik or a 36

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
mokydot wrote:
giveitall14 wrote:
9.9 for that kona, not a fan of how the lauf fork looks but am sure its a function over fashion.

My month old Kona Honzo
photo

really nice bike dude. Book
dude

duuuddde. 8.5/10

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 19:07 Quote
giveitall14 wrote:

My month old Kona Honzo
photo

9/10, nice build on the aggressive hardtail. Why not share mine, Specialized Fuse that has thicc mode and 29 mode.

Thicc mode

29 mode

O+
Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 14:25 Quote
mnorris122 wrote:
giveitall14 wrote:

My month old Kona Honzo
photo

9/10, nice build on the aggressive hardtail. Why not share mine, has thicc mode and 29 mode.

Thicc mode

29 mode

Thanks man, how does the plus sized ikon ride?

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
giveitall14 wrote:

Thanks man, how does the plus sized ikon ride?

Meh. It measures about 2.65 on 45mm internal rims (supposed to be 2.Cool , but it rides OK. I liked the 3.0 Ground Control I had on before a lot better, it seemed to grip better in pretty much all situations while rolling just as well. Haven't ridden plus in awhile though, liking 29 a lot better.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 17:00 Quote
8/10 for the one above (not sure what it is?) But points for being a hardtail!
Also that Honzo is sick! 9.5/10 for that one.

Here's Mine! Finished the build yesterday.

Frame: Chromag Wideangle – Steel is Real!
Fork: Rockshox Pike RCT3 150MM
Drivetrain: Sram 11x XO1(mostly)
Wheels: Easton ARC30 27.5
Tires: Nobby Nic 27.5x2.6 (I call them chubby, smallest plus size) Setup Tubeless
Handlebar: Kore OCD 35
Stem: Funn Funnduro 35 45mm
Seatpost: Fox Transfer 150mm
Crankset: Raceface Turbine
Brakes: Shimano SLX M7000 with 180mm Shimano rotors
Grips: Ritchey Foam

SUPER FUN BIKE!!!

Only bit of carbon fiber is on the derailleur. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chromag Wideangle

photo

Chromag Wideangle

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
9/10, love that thing! those tires didn't work for me though.

Added pushed tuned fox DHX coil to Nuke 290

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 21:31 Quote
euroford wrote:
9/10, love that thing! those tires didn't work for me though.

Added pushed tuned fox DHX coil to Nuke 290

Nicely done ^^

Here's my latest & probably most fun am rig to date...

photo

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 3:52 Quote
I keep thinking I might get a Nic as my next bike, it's just hard to drop that much money on a frame without ever even seeing one in the flesh. Sweet rig though man!

Hope brakes and rotors are a must, and the fenders can be forgiven as a functional item. Aesthetically, 8/10
Function 10/10

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 4:43 Quote
8/10 for the nicolai, defiantly on my shortlist to replace my patrol whenever that may be! Here she is sat in her current state, unfortunately I had issues with the Diamonds so had to get something quick for the old girl, so most notible change is the 170mm lyrik.

Apologies for the non driveside special

photo

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 12:59 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
I keep thinking I might get a Nic as my next bike, it's just hard to drop that much money on a frame without ever even seeing one in the flesh. Sweet rig though man!

Hope brakes and rotors are a must, and the fenders can be forgiven as a functional item. Aesthetically, 8/10
Function 10/10

Ha ha! Thanks man, the frames are a work of art & ride so well. I'm lucky in that a couple of my friends already had Nicolai for me to try before hand Smile

I'm running Tech3/e4 (only thing that will bring 17stn to a halt) but find the icetech rotors better than the hope floaters for some reason?

Thanks again for the comment & hope you get to chuck a leg over one in the near future tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.071853
Mobile Version of Website