RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15479671/

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
novaterra wrote:
photo

0/10

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 15:09 Quote
seraph wrote:
marko369 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Yeah it's not about fashion with that cassette for me. I could have gotten an XD driver and spent the coin on an E13 cassette but the XT makes a lot more sense $$$ wise.

Would you not consider a Sunrace cassette? Super light, good value for money and black tup

The XT is a little lighter and much more reliable in my book than Sunrace. Also like Bromaphobe said, the coating on the Sunrace is pretty cheap and it would wear off right quick, leaving a semi-silver black mess behind after a few rides. Better to stick with the XT for now until I spring for an XD driver one of these days.

nothing wrong with Sunrace, how is Shimano more reliable? It is only a piece of metal, if anything the steel Sunrace will outlast it.

As for a "semi silver black mess" seriously does anyone care that much?
Its barely noticeable..
what do you do when you get a scratch on your brake levers or deraileur? change them?

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
I don't get scratches on my brake levers and my der is mostly hidden out of sight, I believe sunrace makes every cassette available in raw, we only stock silver

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 16:07 Quote
Bird is cool, I'd love to try a modern hardtail. But 0/10 I think?

My '18 Process se.

photo

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
iffy wrote:
seraph wrote:
marko369 wrote:

Would you not consider a Sunrace cassette? Super light, good value for money and black tup

The XT is a little lighter and much more reliable in my book than Sunrace. Also like Bromaphobe said, the coating on the Sunrace is pretty cheap and it would wear off right quick, leaving a semi-silver black mess behind after a few rides. Better to stick with the XT for now until I spring for an XD driver one of these days.

nothing wrong with Sunrace, how is Shimano more reliable? It is only a piece of metal, if anything the steel Sunrace will outlast it.

Its barely noticeable..
what do you do when you get a scratch on your brake levers or deraileur? change them?

Shimano has superior shift ramps. It's well known. And yes, I care about the finish on my cassettes. Some of us care about the way our bikes look, ya know.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 18:07 Quote
seraph wrote:
5/10

The culture here promotes not voting on bikes that did not vote on the previous, just a head's up as to why people gave that and your bike a 0/10.

I'd give that SE a solid 6/10. The Pike is a pretty rad upgrade.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 19:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
iffy wrote:
seraph wrote:

Its barely noticeable..

Shimano has superior shift ramps. It's well known. And yes, I care about the finish on my cassettes. Some of us care about the way our bikes look, ya know.

2 pages ago someone questioned the multiple finishes on your cassette and you said the cassette choice wasn’t about fashion. Now, it is in fact all about the fashion. Once again you’ve proven how full of shit you are. Congrats! Maybe in the New Year you’ll stop contradicting yourself.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 2:01 Quote
sherbet wrote:
seraph wrote:
5/10

The culture here promotes not voting on bikes that did not vote on the previous, just a head's up as to why people gave that and your bike a 0/10.

Ok. I don't really care. But you probably knew that. I know my bike is sexy as hell. I don't need anyone's approval.

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 3:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
sherbet wrote:
seraph wrote:
5/10

Ok. I don't really care. But you probably knew that. I know my bike is sexy as hell. I don't need anyone's approval.

If you don't need anyone's approval, why post your bike here? Only reason i can think of is that you need someones approval. 0/10

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 3:54 Quote
seraph wrote:
iffy wrote:
seraph wrote:

Its barely noticeable..

rubbish, shift ramps are shift ramps as is tooth profiling, looks? yeah I know Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
sherbet wrote:
seraph wrote:
5/10

Anyone else smell that?

Smells like bullshit.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018852
Mobile Version of Website