RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
Finnbharwylie wrote:
8/10 for the transition
just finished a ride and thought i d get a picture of my fully custom trek slash and my dog.

How do you like the coil

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
Finnbharwylie wrote:
8/10 for the transition
just finished a ride and thought i d get a picture of my fully custom trek slash and my dog.

How do you like the coil

plush, had a rockshox monarch rct3 before
it is way more linear than the air shock it can stock with which i filled up with volume spacers. but it just grips. where I've noticed it the most is when to skid/ drift the rear wheel. it is just so much more planted and more controlled. it has made the bike have less pop, and i way heaver when you hold it next to an air shock, even without the coil. as their so sensitive, if you do any peddling you will want a lockout lever as they do bob about a bit.
but overall they are amazing.
looking at selling it as will be upgrading to a larger bike in a few months.

Posted: Jan 20, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
Above Trekbro 10/10

My Slash, just beginning with customization. Smile

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Maybe a longer dropper post for the Treck. 8/10.

I could finally mount my XTR crank to complete the groupset

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
Do love me some Santa Cruz goodness. 8/10

My 2019 Slash 9.7 XL with a couple of changes: Charge Spoon saddle (standard Bonty one is absolutely awful), DMR Deathgrips (again Bonty ones are awful), Specialized Eliminator 2.6 tyres For+R and a bottle cage and frame mounted tube for +10 Enduro radness.

photo

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
niconj wrote:
Maybe a longer dropper post for the Treck. 8/10.

I could finally mount my XTR crank to complete the groupset

photo

photo
damn son 9.8 from me, the wheels hold it back. How you like that formula fork?

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
damn son 9.8 from me, the wheels hold it back. How you like that formula fork?

I thought about the SC Reserve wheels but they don't do anything better than my DT EX511/240s wheels I currently ride. I cannot fault them and they are reasonably light too. The SC wheels are also 1700€ which is too much for only 150 gr. lighter and maybe some more stiffness. I am saving some money for the Push 11/6, which will make more of a difference than some carbon rims.

I liked the Formula with the stock CTS compression kit (blue) but I like it even more with the orange one. Helps more with jumps. It doesn't compress as easily which, makes it stiffer before a jump. I don't know how to explain it. I also have more travel left on my usual rides even though I went down 8psi.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
Do you work for Shimano? Just curious cause everywhere else seems to be struggling to get that groupset right now.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Do you work for Shimano? Just curious cause everywhere else seems to be struggling to get that groupset right now.

If you have Access to their wholesale website you can buy the groupset. With wholesale pricing it's around 8-900$ for hubs, cassette, cranks, derailleur and shifter. Oh and chain. There are also a few groupsets on eBay

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

If you have Access to their wholesale website you can buy the groupset. With wholesale pricing it's around 8-900$ for hubs, cassette, cranks, derailleur and shifter. Oh and chain. There are also a few groupsets on eBay

Except the hubs and crank aren't available yet, hence the question.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Nope. Everything apart from the hubs is available in Germany. Shimano's had a fire in one of their biggest production facilities. That's why they are having problems delivering the cranks and chainrings now. I was one of the lucky ones to get hold of the cranks in November but had to wait for the chainring to be manufactured by Absolute Black. As far as I know, Shimano won't be able to deliver their chainring until early Summer and cranks+hubs will have to wait a long time too.

If you don't mind running 175mm cranks, you can get them at bike24.de. They have all the other parts available as well.

By the way, I got a really good discount on my cranks and bought them for 230€.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Yeah, shop dude here and it's just kinda weird to hear that we're delayed to september/janurary while other places have it for retail.

Dopeass bike though!

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Gmoneyog1 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Except the hubs and crank aren't available yet, hence the question.

They are on their wholesale site

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 12:33 Quote
I'm on the wholesale site currently, and everything is backordered.

" BACKORDERED
IRV : 0
NCH : 0
PET : 0"

So no, it's not available yet. There is currently no backorder delivery date either, but our rep has said end of 2019 early 2020 for cranks, not sure on hubs.

Posted: Jan 24, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
I really wanted those hubs for the bike I'm building, even it I was locked into buying their cassette with it. Ah well, maybe next build.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030067
Mobile Version of Website