RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 0:45 Quote
emuvonart wrote:
My stereo, full carbon, now full xtr with 1 x 11 garbaruk, one up an absolute black components - 10.8 kg.

I love it. A longer dropper would give it a 10/10. Now it's 9/10.

Here's my latest incarnation of the SC HTLT. I won't buy the Reserves as I don't see the value yet. I have gotten the Direttissima brakes though and I couldn't be happier with them. The XTR are good brakes (especially with the Trickstuff Power+ pads) but the DRT are just so much better.

Now with Trickstuff Direttissima Brakes

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
niconj wrote:
emuvonart wrote:
My stereo, full carbon, now full xtr with 1 x 11 garbaruk, one up an absolute black components - 10.8 kg.

I love it. A longer dropper would give it a 10/10. Now it's 9/10.

Here's my latest incarnation of the SC HTLT. I won't buy the Reserves as I don't see the value yet. I have gotten the Direttissima brakes though and I couldn't be happier with them. The XTR are good brakes (especially with the Trickstuff Power+ pads) but the DRT are just so much better.

Awesome bike with an insane build, 10/10 build, 9/10 on the aesthetics just because there isn't any color going on. I know thats what you wanted by imo even just a colored post clamp and some TI bolts would give it plenty of pop!
Talk to me about those trick stuff brakes because I am super intrigued. I think you are the first consumer I have ever seen with them. What do you like, what do you hate and why'd you choose them, especially since I thought their main marketing concept and the reason behind their price-tag was full color customization and clearly that isn't what you were after...?

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
Awesome bike with an insane build, 10/10 build, 9/10 on the aesthetics just because there isn't any color going on. I know thats what you wanted by imo even just a colored post clamp and some TI bolts would give it plenty of pop!
Talk to me about those trick stuff brakes because I am super intrigued. I think you are the first consumer I have ever seen with them. What do you like, what do you hate and why'd you choose them, especially since I thought their main marketing concept and the reason behind their price-tag was full color customization and clearly that isn't what you were after...?

Yeah. I thought about color but there isn't any that would really fit. I like it like that though: Smile

I got the XTR 4 pot when they first came out and put Trickstuff Power+ pads on them and ran the Trickstuff UL disks. Awesome brake with an easy setup. The downside is, that they don't work well in the cold though. The bitpoint changes, which is a problem many servowave brakes have. That's why I returned them and got the Trickstuff Direttissima.

What I like about them? Pretty much everything. If you think a Saint 820 has power, well, the DRT will amaze you. They are insane and I'm a heavy rider at 95kgs. Have you ever ridden Hope brakes? Well, the DRT has the same modulation, which the saint lack obviously. Have you ever run Formula Cura brakes? The DRT have the same short lever pull until reaching the bite point.

So they combine so many good things of other brakes with no letdown whatsoever!!! Every part is available and serviceable. Just like the Hopes. Also, what I didn't like about Hope brake was that you had to apply too much force to pull the lever. With the DRT you don't even feel any resistance AND there's no lever play whatsoever either.

So you can pretty much see that I looooove them! Pure power!!! and everything else. Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Some little Blue anodized bits would fit same colour as the Compression adjust knob.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
Whattheheel is a c*nt Big Grin

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
You’re gonna get 0/10 fella, read the rules about rating the bike above you.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
yeah nice build but jesus man, I can't even muster 1/2 point for that.

I would give a 9.8 still on the HT above the nomad, still room for improvement on the wheels. Otherwise love it, obviously.

Mine's all done... Hightower CC, decals from Slik
Chromag cockpit
36 grip2 160mm
Garbaruk cassette
XT mech / XTR shifter
Hope E4s
Next SL
Knight Composites/DT 240s wheels
1up 170mm w. PNW Loam lever

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
ThatBrooksey wrote:
photo

HEY MORON!! This your first day?? Asshat. 0/10. Ghost ride it off a cliff!!

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
ThatBrooksey wrote:
photo

HEY MORON!! This your first day?? Asshat. 0/10. Ghost ride it off a cliff!!
Joined today........first post Madder lol lol

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:16 Quote
9.5/10 for the HT, I'm not a fan of sliver bars/stems

Deviate Guide w/custom Invisiframe graphics.
Pinion C1:12 Gearbox
36 Factory Grip2 180mm
DPX2
Chris King ISO on Reserve 30 rims
King headset
Enve M7 Bar&stem
Burgtec Ti Penthouse MKIV
WTB Volt Carbon
Intend seat clamp
170mm Reverb
Currently Deore 4 pot brakes to get it ridable. Trickstuff Maxima ordered, due to arrive in April
Custom carbon cranks should be ready in a couple of weeks, increasing Q factor to better clear the swingarm, and drop weight.

photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
Hot f*cking damn ????

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
I hope it rides good cause that is one not so pretty bike

9/10 for spec
6.5/10 for overall looks

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Maybe too much orange but it's still a 9/10 from me.

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
6/10 for the deviate the spec is spot on bu the frame...

Here's my Kona

photo

Posted: Feb 13, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
Solid nine on the Deviate. So glad companies are trying something new, and it's a shame people rate so poorly as it doesn't look traditional. Would love to ride it!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047311
Mobile Version of Website