RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
larscha-nsfr wrote:
That Yeti is gorgeousDrool 9/10

My new Slash 9.8 build.
New bike day 2017 Slash 9.8 MRP Ribbon XX1Eagle Stans Bravo Pro wheels Hope tech brakes
Looks like it rips! 9/10 I would just add a little color

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
I’d say 9.8/10 on the 9.8. That’s a sweet ride. I personally love the blacked out look.

Here’s my Evil Sovereign I just finished building. Pretty much as different as can be from the Trek...

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 1:29 Quote
9/10 for the evil.
love the colour of the frame

my trek slash

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 2:27 Quote
9.5 for the Slash. I was going to get one but couldn't find one cheap enough. Points off only for the hope spacers. imo black would look better.

Mine is a Enduro 29. Worked for a year to buy it after I didn't get good enough grades for a loan from my parents Smile
My bike 0
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
Damn, 8/10 for the Enduro. Sick bike.

10/10 for busting ass to buy your own whip, respek!

Posted: Apr 4, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
bennorth wrote:
9.5 for the Slash. I was going to get one but couldn't find one cheap enough. Points off only for the hope spacers. imo black would look better.

Mine is a Enduro 29. Worked for a year to buy it after I didn't get good enough grades for a loan from my parents Smile
My bike 0
photo
photo
photo

9.5 for the enduro 5 for not getting good enough grades and 10 for working for the money.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
Who needs grades when you're pulling 8k a year!? Amirite!?
In all seriousness, nice enduro 8/10 (only docking points because I dislike specialized)

Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Having ridden the 11.6 and reserve wheels on different bikes.. The push is good, especially the street cred and how cool your bike looks and the questions you get while out. The reserves gave the bike an overall better ride feel for your money by far. More precision in line choice, snappier handling, lighter bike feel. While the push just felt plush and controlled,not worth the cost. Any coil shock is great when setup properly. Id rather have a dhx2 with custom valving than a shiny push shock. 8/10
photo
Was amazing bike. Cant wait for new long travel 29 from santa cruz.
10/10

And yes- the 11-6 is overhyped imo. I bought one but swapping to another frame costs about 350€- this is just a punch in the face... 1300€ (yeah thats over 1500 USD lol) for the shock and then a lot of money again. And my 11-6 came with the wrong valve setting- overall not so happy I must say.

Youre way better off with an EXT shock- better customer support, 400€ less and you get 1 more spring and you arent limited to specific frames and shock sizes (no 222m Push for example)

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 0:14 Quote
8/10 for the SC. Only because SC always have a horrible seat tube angle for taller guys

Guy with the enduro back again. I know its off topic but am new to PB so i was wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

I discovered a crack in the seam of my wheel and the lovely people at Specialized Au have told me they won't do anything about it. The dealer who i tried to warranty it through have said that I can get a 20% discount on a Specialized rim (which i don't really want after seeing how the last one went) or they can put a DT E532 on my hub for $390 AUD (280 US), including labour.

I could get an entire wheel for a similar price so (and just sell my existing hub for the difference) So i am unsure.
(Race face aeffect r for $399 https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/race-face-aeffect-r-30-rear-wheel?quantity=1&cassette-fitment=102&hub-axle-size=102&rotor-mount-type=101&sold-as=102&wheel-size=103 ).

What should I do?

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
bennorth wrote:
8/10 for the SC. Only because SC always have a horrible seat tube angle for taller guys

Guy with the enduro back again. I know its off topic but am new to PB so i was wondering if you can point me in the right direction.

I discovered a crack in the seam of my wheel and the lovely people at Specialized Au have told me they won't do anything about it. The dealer who i tried to warranty it through have said that I can get a 20% discount on a Specialized rim (which i don't really want after seeing how the last one went) or they can put a DT E532 on my hub for $390 AUD (280 US), including labour.

I could get an entire wheel for a similar price so (and just sell my existing hub for the difference) So i am unsure.
(Race face aeffect r for $399 https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/race-face-aeffect-r-30-rear-wheel?quantity=1&cassette-fitment=102&hub-axle-size=102&rotor-mount-type=101&sold-as=102&wheel-size=103 ).

What should I do?
That sucks, sorry for you. Ad people say that dircect seller brands are a hassle.

I would get DT Swiss Hubs and EX511 rims- relatively light and they will Take a beating... And Just get rid of the Specialized stuff.

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
Thanks @NotNamed

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 17:15 Quote
If you are just looking for a cost effective solution, buy a rim with same spoke count and shape and you can replace it yourself by taping it to the old one and transferring the spokes/hub across with some patience/photos/spoke key. Then pay your lbs to true/tension if you don't have a stand or can't get it quite right in your frame ????

Posted: Apr 6, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
arnie86 wrote:
If you are just looking for a cost effective solution, buy a rim with same spoke count and shape and you can replace it yourself by taping it to the old one and transferring the spokes/hub across with some patience/photos/spoke key. Then pay your lbs to true/tension if you don't have a stand or can't get it quite right in your frame ????

Yeah ok thanks

Posted: Apr 7, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
8/10 for the Santa Cruz as the only colour an SC should be is the Clay Brown.

photo

Heres Jeff - Best bike I've ever owned and a lot more capable than I expected.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
James32167 wrote:
8/10 for the Santa Cruz as the only colour an SC should be is the Clay Brown.

photo

Heres Jeff - Best bike I've ever owned and a lot more capable than I expected.

8/10 - Marks off for orange bits and light Wink Anyway, here is a YT with orange bits Rolleyes

photo
photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038010
Mobile Version of Website