RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: May 10, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
I’m just sitting here trying to figure out why all the stupid high ratings for the trek??? What am I missing??

They're just opinions man

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
I’m just sitting here trying to figure out why all the stupid high ratings for the trek??? What am I missing??

Yeah I was a little surprised myself

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
8/10 for the Kona, i appreciate the need for bottle and stuff strapped to the frame, i just don't like how it looks.

This, for me, is perfect. I've had it 5 years, and despite all the others I've ridden, this is still the best all rounder. Just treated it to the 12 speed stuff, and a longer reverb from the Pivot

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

This thread is f*ckin' everywhere with the ratings. Have seen some VERY nice bikes get a 6, and some absolutely stock ass uninspired stuff get 10s. Welcome to pinkbike.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

This thread is f*ckin' everywhere with the ratings. Have seen some VERY nice bikes get a 6, and some absolutely stock ass uninspired stuff get 10s. Welcome to pinkbike.

Soo true

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
That process 153, Id slay thatWink 9/10 for sure
That Santa Cruz is dope af too, just prefer a little longer travel for my style 8.5/10. Love the fact that you are like "hey screw new bikes, this one is the fave for me"!

This is my dream build Ronda the Remedy

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
LAballin23 wrote:
Love the fact that you are like "hey screw new bikes, this one is the fave for me"!

Oh, I have plenty of other, newer, bikes that do specific things better, like XC or Enduro (see further back in the thread). This one is just the best all rounder (it’s the only one I’ve raced both XC and enduro on). All the others will be moved on eventually, this one won’t.

8/10 for the remedy. BLACK GRIPS MAN!

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 13:59 Quote
9/10 normally I'm not a fan of mixing multiple colours, but there's just something about yours that makes it work well

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Sorry to say but the Trek is just terrible. So terrible that I won't even rate it.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
Sorry to say but the Trek is just terrible. So terrible that I won't even rate it.

If it weren't for the colour mismatch it would be half decent. As it is I do not like. That's being nice...

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
9/10 on spec
7/10 on looks the green stem, pink grips and blue bars really kill it for me

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
@LAballin23

Do you ever get cat called by other dudes on the trail?

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 16:26 Quote
LAballin23 wrote:
That process 153, Id slay thatWink 9/10 for sure
That Santa Cruz is dope af too, just prefer a little longer travel for my style 8.5/10. Love the fact that you are like "hey screw new bikes, this one is the fave for me"!

This is my dream build Ronda the Remedy
...and you're like "hey screw matching..." LOL. Actually at first I hated the cockpit color combo, but after looking the whole thing over, it's more like instead of making everything black "stealth" "murdered out" cliche black, you said hey the frame and stuff is already black, let's make everything else clash and be crazy as much as possible for fun contrasting accents. A few decades ago it'd be a hit, lol didn't mean that as an insult sorry. I sort of like it, confusingly.
PS does Ronda get rowdy?

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
Already rated the bike above me (9/10), and here is my bike, a 2019 Giant Trance 2 with some upgrades

Chromag Scarab pedals and MRP AMg Chainguide

ODI Rogue Grips Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Chromag Fubars OSX

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
LAballin23 wrote:
Love the fact that you are like "hey screw new bikes, this one is the fave for me"!

Oh, I have plenty of other, newer, bikes that do specific things better, like XC or Enduro (see further back in the thread). This one is just the best all rounder (it’s the only one I’ve raced both XC and enduro on). All the others will be moved on eventually, this one won’t.

8/10 for the remedy. BLACK GRIPS MAN!

When it fits it fits! I love when people realize they don't need the latest and greatest!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.079694
Mobile Version of Website