RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 1:38 Quote
djniere wrote:
Thanks! My salsa build came out to 27.8 lbs if i remember correctly. which is meh for a 120/100 trail build imo. wanted something a little more burly than a xc bike that can be used as my "do everything" bike. The trail biased geometry paired with the pedaling efficiency is what sold me on it

Guessing it pedals goooood!?

My bro has a first gen spearfish still and rocks it

I want a pony rustler ideally

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
That orange will be a 6/10 looks wise not sure on the orange but spec it'll be 9/10
Heres my 2010 devinci hectik rocking 26 wheels still ????
It has :
Bos deville 170 mm forks
Rockshox monarch plus shock
Mavic crossmax wheels
Slx cranks
Slx derailleur
Avid juicy 7 lever with code caliper
Avid juicy 7 rear brake
Funduro stem
Fun fat boy bars

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
not a rating but that seatpost cable looks sketchy to ride with

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
Honestly I can't get it any shorter it was longer before and caused no issues

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 2:09 Quote
Sorry for new post, but It looks now little bit better. Still wanna change black brake Hoses, and Grey DVO decals.
Wanna change a stealth look lol

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 2:50 Quote
Given all the green DVO bits you would be far better buying a green Orange decal kit to tie it all together. Loads of places do them including orange themselves...oh and you are right; hoses like pedals and grips should always be black!

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 3:30 Quote
3001 wrote:
Sorry for new post, but It looks now little bit better. Still wanna change black brake Hoses, and Grey DVO decals.

Big fan of the later fives, always had a soft spot for orange and enjoyed the few I've had over the years but like Russy says, I'd go for either a green, white or stealth black decals to tie it together with the black hoses, other than that she's an 8.5 (the added 0.5 is that I'm a sucker for DVO's, used to love em on my Empire).

Anyway here's my short reached, steep head angled , short rear end , slack seat angled Marin B17-3 which I absolutely love - it's so much fun to ride and pretty much does everything my Empire was doing but with more urgency, once you learn how to ride it (like a full suss BMX / Slope bike) lol It actually covers ground surprisingly well , even with the + tyres.

Totally stock but not a bad spec

Maiden voyage

Driveside

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 4:26 Quote
Russyh wrote:
Given all the green DVO bits you would be far better buying a green Orange decal kit to tie it all together. Loads of places do them including orange themselves...oh and you are right; hoses like pedals and grips should always be black!

Need to find some photos those Decals.. quickly didnt find them on Google Frown or then I just take those Decals off lol

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 4:58 Quote
Speak to orange themselves, they will have them in stock. Or there are loads of aftermarket stockist. If you go on the fans/owners FB page and ask for pics of the colour combo someone will have one. I have seen green and black before it looks good.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
3001 wrote:

Looking way better without the orange decals on the rims 7 out of 10

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
3001 wrote:

Looking way better without the orange decals on the rims 7 out of 10

This + 7/10

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Eh, I don't know that I like the current tendency to stealth black everything...

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
Like Russ mentioned - black and a little (Dvo) green would look great. You're halfway there by the looks of it.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
mtbikeaddict wrote:
Eh, I don't know that I like the current tendency to stealth black everything...

!!!!!!!!!
this or the f*cking purple and green “joker” scheme like jesus christ people get some originality

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
Well to each their own, I personally love the matte black finish these days on so many bikes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014561
Mobile Version of Website