RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
sosburn wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
Double post...

Yeah those are flows on atomlab hubs... rims haven't cracked... yet.

lmao, im sorry but that was just hilarious to read. says stans wheels are shit, and then posts his bike with arc24s. stans arent the greatest but arc rims are basically gorgonzola.

Maybe on a 6" trail bike but fit for purpose...

And rims do not make a wheel.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 2:31 Quote
No, wheelbuilders do ;-d

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
sosburn wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
Double post...

Yeah those are flows on atomlab hubs... rims haven't cracked... yet.

lmao, im sorry but that was just hilarious to read. says stans wheels are shit, and then posts his bike with arc24s. stans arent the greatest but arc rims are basically gorgonzola.

??
so you basically just contradicted yourself

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
sosburn wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
sosburn wrote:

??
so you basically just contradicted yourself

Sorry, I don't follow. Where is the contradiction?

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
Personally a 6/10 for the rune.
Mrp forks and stans wheels are just crap, period.
Not a fan of banshees either.

Top of firbal

My ritchey ultra
120mm 34's
Arc 24 on dt 350's
X01 dt (gx mech)
170mm one up.
Chromag cutlass bars
Is fast yet still surprisingly capable on the steep and rough

3/10. Has StansFace Race Flow 24s.

Rest of the bike would be a solid 7.5, but those are just the worst rims.

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
The point of this thread is rating bikes, so you need to rate the bike posted before yours and then expect a rational rating of your own bike. It's in the title mate

Ah yes gotcha. I'm just guna leave...sorrrrry every body! Cry

Typical hard tail rider just doesn't get it. Instead of reading and being logical they decide to leave for more arm pumping climbs and teeth chattering 1mph descents!

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Kross Earth Team Edition

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
0/10 throw that pile off a cliff

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
Timdm3 wrote:
Wtf is it with extended front travel and geometry? I can keep pace with fast as f*ck riders. Is this geometry for my health or will it make me faster. My goal is to be fast as f*ck

Read the title!

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
niconj wrote:
Timdm3 wrote:
Wtf is it with extended front travel and geometry? I can keep pace with fast as f*ck riders. Is this geometry for my health or will it make me faster. My goal is to be fast as f*ck

Read the title!

Apologize for the rant. Guess I should have started a new thread for my question... I did not rate bikes above cause I have been out of loop for so long I don't know what a good bike is anymore.

My rant was referring to a previous poster letting me know how I ruined a piece of art and how I stupidly modified my bike. After a 15 year break from riding I was just trying to get back out on the trails. During my search of upgrading parts I realized how much the industry has changed and was trying to learn how beneficial the new tech was. I like to ride hard and push myself, but before spending several thousand dollars on a new bike I needed some justification. Trying to get current with all the new tech and geometry but it is a little overwhelming.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
Timdm3 wrote:
niconj wrote:
Timdm3 wrote:

Read the title!

Apologize for the rant. Guess I should have started a new thread for my question... I did not rate bikes above cause I have been out of loop for so long I don't know what a good bike is anymore.

My rant was referring to a previous poster letting me know how I ruined a piece of art and how I stupidly modified my bike. After a 15 year break from riding I was just trying to get back out on the trails. During my search of upgrading parts I realized how much the industry has changed and was trying to learn how beneficial the new tech was. I like to ride hard and push myself, but before spending several thousand dollars on a new bike I needed some justification. Trying to get current with all the new tech and geometry but it is a little overwhelming.

New geo is extremely beneficial, hard stop. I just took my hardtail down Big Rock in Dupont and came within 10 seconds of my PR and hit a max speed of over 35mph on Ridgeline with it. Doing either of those things on an early 2000s bike would sketch me out to no end.

Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 4:46 Quote
9/10 for the Ritchey, love it!

My wife's frame restoration (new paint job) with few upgrades: fork, brakes, transmission.
More pics about the process in the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/barbat.coriolanemmanuel/media_set?set=a.2692501004126749&type=3

Before - over 10 kg

photo

After - below 10 kg

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
7/10 - You took something that was pig thread worthy and turned into something attractive (and I'm sure performs alot better), well done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019075
Mobile Version of Website