RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
alexgosu wrote:
Wale wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
This would be fairly amazing if it were true

"GeoAdjust headset:
Quickly adjust reach and wheelbase by 10 mm by using a headset cup flipchip system. Drop the fork, flip the chips around, and you're done."

It sounds like that caps could be flipped without special instrument which means they are loose - so they will be a source of creaking sound. Did i miss something?

Headsets are also loose and can be a source of creaking... until you tighten the compression bolt

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
Dedward2 wrote:
alexgosu wrote:
Wale wrote:

"GeoAdjust headset:
Quickly adjust reach and wheelbase by 10 mm by using a headset cup flipchip system. Drop the fork, flip the chips around, and you're done."

It sounds like that caps could be flipped without special instrument which means they are loose - so they will be a source of creaking sound. Did i miss something?

Headsets are also loose and can be a source of creaking... until you tighten the compression bolt

they are a tight fit, not sloppy at all. I rode at the bike park this summer, all over the rooty and rocks east coast and no creaks. grease them up and torque them down no creaks.

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
Yah jus put some lube on it, it’ll be fine!

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
Half a can of GT85 would do the trick

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 5:44 Quote
Solid 10 for the GG Trail Pistol.

Here's my Slash with garish tyres for you all ????

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 9:24 Quote
Damn marsy that frame colour is mighty refreshing

Deffo 8/10

Really liking the newer model treks these past few years but as i am a brand whore itd be unlikely id get one unless i demoed one close by to sway my decision making skills lol

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
mars-bar-man wrote:
Solid 10 for the GG Trail Pistol.

Here's my Slash with garish tyres for you all ????

9/10 would def. be a 10/10 but that stem just doesn't do it for me. maybe an apex or a raceface?

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
That frame color is excellent. love the look. im not big on skinwalls, but in this case, they look so good. beauty! 9/10 would ride.

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
7/10 tires, fender, seat and computer on top tube all need to go. Then maybe an 8/10

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
Yeah fenderand computer i mean wtf needs tech to go ride lol

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
Well if your taking beauty shots

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
7/10 tires, fender, seat and computer on top tube all need to go. Then maybe an 8/10

Agreed. Also the seat post looks awkwardly high, which has me thinking Mars must be a very long legged human as the seat tubes are known to be high on Slash's. I do like the frame color.

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
Maybe he needs extra height for leverage to get to mars

Posted: Dec 22, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:

Agreed. Also the seat post looks awkwardly high, which has me thinking Mars must be a very long legged human as the seat tubes are known to be high on Slash's. I do like the frame color.

37" inside leg Frown

I also like to lord it over everyone else on the trail by being a couple of inches higher whilst climbing. Helps with the Strava stats

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009027
Mobile Version of Website