RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 12:13 Quote
9/10 for the commencal. -1 for the mudhugger, would love to see something more low-key. Love the red accents with the frame colors though and that coil looks amazing!
It's only been a month or so since I last posted but the patrol's undergone a pretty big change. Traded out the stock Fox 36 Performance for a Diamond D1 and the stock Code R's for some new SLX 4-Pistons. Stoked with the ride!
photo

Posted: Apr 30, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
Absolutely sick Patrol. I love those bikes! 9.5/10. Just needs coil front and rear Wink

I've posted before but the bikes gone through some upgrades as well. Lyrik with a Vorsprung Smashpot on the spring side and a Push HC97 on the damper side. As well as going from a DHX5 to a DHX RC4 coil on the rear. Also added a set of Oneup 35mm carbon bars and stem, as well as the EDC tool, moved up to a Oneup 180mm dropper as well. And lastly XO1 Carbon Cranks.

photo

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
RodneyPierce wrote:
Absolutely sick Patrol. I love those bikes! 9.5/10. Just needs coil front and rear Wink

I've posted before but the bikes gone through some upgrades as well. Lyrik with a Vorsprung Smashpot on the spring side and a Push HC97 on the damper side. As well as going from a DHX5 to a DHX RC4 coil on the rear. Also added a set of Oneup 35mm carbon bars and stem, as well as the EDC tool, moved up to a Oneup 180mm dropper as well. And lastly XO1 Carbon Cranks.

photo

Very awesome spec. Curious why you go for all the damper and air spring upgrades, but run the dhxrc4?

Posted: May 1, 2020 at 20:27 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:

Very awesome spec. Curious why you go for all the damper and air spring upgrades, but run the dhxrc4?

Ah. Glad you asked. It's actually a 2014 RC4. So it's the small shaft RC4 with the boost valve removed. With no boost valve it's just a very conventional shock, no position sensitivity.

In 2014/2015 they made the shaft smaller diameter compared to the regular fat-shaft RC4 (now same as the old DHX5) so it has less breakaway force, lower stiction, and plays better with modern frames.

It is to this day one of the best shocks that you can buy, in my opinion.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 14:24 Quote
Love the Intense 8/10. Never ridden a coil, but that looks like a sweet setup.
photo

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
zerort wrote:
Love the Intense. Never ridden a coil, but that looks like a sweet setup.
photo
Looks Clean

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 15:00 Quote
photo
I know it’s very old but I love it.
Whatcha think of it?

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 15:09 Quote
7/10 upgraded Drivetrain

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18642571/

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
0/10 for both the Orange and Kona, have either of you read the name of the forum??

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 17:53 Quote
Last two bikes are pigs and should be recycled to make something useful, like beer cans.

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Last two bikes are pigs and should be recycled to make something useful, like beer cans.
Come on man! You don’t know what financial struggles people are having, and what is going on in their lives. What if they couldn’t afford a nice bike? What if their bike got stollen? Every bike shines in some places. The more expensive bikes tend to shine more in certain spots, but TbH I wouldn’t mind having a coiler!

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 18:01 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
Come on man! You don’t know what financial struggles people are having, and what is going on in their lives. What if they couldn’t afford a nice bike? What if their bike got stollen? Every bike shines in some places. The more expensive bikes tend to shine more in certain spots, but TbH I wouldn’t mind having a coiler!

This is how the thread responds if you didn't rate the previous bike.

Love the Intense. Really wanted one of those frames when they came out. Solid 9/10 knowing the background of the suspension bits and how tidy the entire package is. Smart bike!

Justin Moore is the photoman. Finally a decent pic of something I ride

Here's my steed. Be nice please!

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 18:19 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Justin Moore is the photoman. Finally a decent pic of something I ride

Here's my steed. Be nice please!

Honzo? 10/10, you have eeWings!!!!!

My newest build (because this stay-at-home crap has me emptying my bank account, LOL)

"new" 2018 RIP 9 RDO 29 170/160

photo

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 18:31 Quote
Simann wrote:
My newest build (because this stay-at-home crap has me emptying my bank account, LOL)

Heavily relating to this haha

O+
Posted: May 6, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

Financial struggles?... One of those bikes has axs everything, ewings and ohlins suspension.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027469
Mobile Version of Website