RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Does that fender actually do anything?

Dust off the stanchions.....

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Sweet bike! is that the 140 or 150? I've been looking at the Forbidden Druid for a while, my main concern with the high pivot is the idler, any issues with the idler? noise, resistance, etc. Otherwise 7/10 on components, 10/10 on bike choice, so 8.5/10, I guess? I just have a bad experience with Shimano drivetrains and prefer larger suspension brands

It's the 140mm version. I have tried the 150mm link but went back to 140. The previous setup was 170/150 which was like a train going straight through anything. It was too much for my liking so I went back to 150/140. It's not quite as bottomless but livelier.

As far as the drivetrain is concerned. It's not all Shimano. It's a mix of both worlds and by far the best I've ridden so far. It combines the quick shifting of the AXS and the smooth shifting of the XTR. Couldn't be happier.

I actually don't care about the size of the suspension brand as long as the suspension works and it does. I am also in regular contact with the owner so that's a plus too.

O+
Posted: May 12, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
niconj wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:
Sweet bike! is that the 140 or 150? I've been looking at the Forbidden Druid for a while, my main concern with the high pivot is the idler, any issues with the idler? noise, resistance, etc. Otherwise 7/10 on components, 10/10 on bike choice, so 8.5/10, I guess? I just have a bad experience with Shimano drivetrains and prefer larger suspension brands

It's the 140mm version. I have tried the 150mm link but went back to 140. The previous setup was 170/150 which was like a train going straight through anything. It was too much for my liking so I went back to 150/140. It's not quite as bottomless but livelier.

As far as the drivetrain is concerned. It's not all Shimano. It's a mix of both worlds and by far the best I've ridden so far. It combines the quick shifting of the AXS and the smooth shifting of the XTR. Couldn't be happier.

I actually don't care about the size of the suspension brand as long as the suspension works and it does. I am also in regular contact with the owner so that's a plus too.

Nice I have the AXS on my bike too, I've heard of Shimano AXS combos being great. I just prefer Sram drivetrains because of my poor Shimano experience. I had an 11-speed XT and it was solid for 6 months but then the chain got wounded up halfway up a climb, and with no chain breaker, I was forced to turn around. I then rode a friends 12-speed SLX and the shifter broke and stopped shifting/clicking. My friend also had a 10-speed Deore and the cage snapped straight off. That's cool you know the suspension manufacter, may I ask what brand it is?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
That's cool you know the suspension manufacter, may I ask what brand it is?
brand is intend. https://www.intend-bc.com/

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
tall-martin wrote:
The deviate is sweet 9.9/10 I wouldn't fancy getting the suspension serviced in the UK!
It’s actually super easy to service. As I traveled the fork from 170 to 150 I didn’t even take the fork off the bike. It was in a bike stand and there was no need to put in some new oil either. As you can take off the legs one by one, the “lower” leg service takes considerably less time.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
niconj wrote:
tall-martin wrote:
The deviate is sweet 9.9/10 I wouldn't fancy getting the suspension serviced in the UK!
It’s actually super easy to service. As I traveled the fork from 170 to 150 I didn’t even take the fork off the bike. It was in a bike stand and there was no need to put in some new oil either. As you can take off the legs one by one, the “lower” leg service takes considerably less time.

I'd love to try the intend suspension, I'm always wary of not being able to get stuff fixed and serviced. I guess that's moved intend a bit hight up my list of things to try. (Opens wallet, moths fly out ) it's unlikely to be soon ☺️

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
8/10 on the bird. wish it had a few more red accents.

My 2013 Banshee Rune V2.
Fox Van RC2 Fork
Cane Creek Double Barrel Air Shock
SLX 10 Speed drivetrain with an Aliexpress 11-46t cassette and derailleur extender.

photo

photo

photo

How is the ztto cassette?

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 17:35 Quote
arnie86 wrote:
It's actually been great. I've loved the extra range. Shifting isnt perfect, but it wasnt before even after replacing the hanger and messing with indexing for over an hour. The weight is insane for the price, and until I can afford full hg+ then I am gonna keep on getting ztto or sroad cassettes.

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
arnie86 wrote:
It's actually been great. I've loved the extra range. Shifting isnt perfect, but it wasnt before even after replacing the hanger and messing with indexing for over an hour. The weight is insane for the price, and until I can afford full hg+ then I am gonna keep on getting ztto or sroad cassettes.

Good to know! Yeah the range and compatibility makes them an attractive option for sure. Glad to hear they actually work too!

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 22:23 Quote
tall-martin wrote:
I'd love to try the intend suspension, I'm always wary of not being able to get stuff fixed and serviced. I guess that's moved intend a bit hight up my list of things to try. (Opens wallet, moths fly out ) it's unlikely to be soon ☺️

Yeah... it does have a price tag that's not negligible. Then again, I don't have any other hobbies and a well paid job.

I think if you don't want to spent too much money, a Formula Selva Coil would be a very good choice. It's actually on par with the Edge (ignoring the better braking performance of the latter).

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 18:07 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:

Noticed it has a lot of aluminum cogs, any wear issues on the upper cogs? Have you had it for a while?

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Noticed it has a lot of aluminum cogs, any wear issues on the upper cogs? Have you had it for a while?
I haven't had it for a while, but know people who have had it for a while. No issues for them.

Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 10:55 Quote
My 8yr old's new Voodoo Nzumbi 26er.

Started out as a new stock bike. Stripped to bare frame and refinished in Audi Nardo Grey with custom graphics. THen rebuilt with upgraded parts including RS Reba RL's (650b versions), Superstar wide rims on V3 hubs with Muc-Off tubeless tape. Schwalbe tyres. Shimano Zee 10-speed with, SLX 11-36 cassette, Suntour 152mm cranks and 30t narrow-wide chainring. Deore 6100 brakes with floating rotors, Thomsen stem, Renthal Fatbars, Carbon inline post, Madison youth saddle and Wellgo KC001 pedals.

He absolutely loves it. It is now waaaaaay lighter than original and no longer fluro orange.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2021 at 17:41 Quote
You are a rad Dad. That is awesome

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 4:14 Quote
Got to give the Voodoo a 10/10. Stuff of dreams for an 8y/o. I bet dad could have some fun on the jumps with it too!

Here is my offering. A Yeti Arc that I built up over the last few months.

- Yeti ARC (M) Turquoise
- FOX 34 Performance Elite 130mm
- Hand-built XM481 rims on Hope pro 4 hubs
- Vittoria Barzo (front) & Mezcal (rear) tyres
- XT 12 speed drivetrain
- Hope Tech 3 E4 front brake / Hope Tech 3 X2 rear brake w/ floating rotors & braided hoses
- Brand X 170mm dropper
- Nukeproof Horizon carbon bar & stem
- Race Face Aeffect cranks w/ Wolftooth boost chainring
- Hope F20 pedals
- Ergon saddle
- Cane creek headset
- A few pretty turquoise bits

Fully loaded with my bikepacking gear:
photo

Before the XM481 wheels, Vittoria tyres & XT cassette arrived:
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035405
Mobile Version of Website