RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: May 10, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
tall-martin wrote:
10/10 on the rune!

Love those frames
haha thanks. It rides awesome. 7/10 imo. Sta too long, no water bottle cage mounts, and no internal dropper hole. But God damn that cc shock and the suspension design is amazing. Not the prettiest but she is a work horse.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
tall-martin wrote:
10/10 on the rune!

Love those frames
haha thanks. It rides awesome. 7/10 imo. Sta too long, no water bottle cage mounts, and no internal dropper hole. But God damn that cc shock and the suspension design is amazing. Not the prettiest but she is a work horse.
Love the rune and banshee frames in general, 9/10
Here’s mine
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/19921027/

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
Saraiva111 wrote:
Here’s mine
8/10. I love that green. colourful bikes are awesome. also love raw like mine. Banshee is a great brand. My next bike is likely gonna be a spitfire v3.

Posted: May 10, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
Saraiva111 wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
tall-martin wrote:
10/10 on the rune!

Love those frames
Here’s mine

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 3:09 Quote
7/10 for the green Banshee. Color is always cool! I would've gotten rid of the rear rim decals too. The rear end looks so different from the front triangle regarding the tubing...

Here's mine. It has gone through a lot of changes lately and I may have reached the final setup (for now). Never mind the green Direttissima calipers. They were available and I wanted to go back from the Hope V4 calipers I had been using before.

The tire combo is pretty decent. Fast rolling in the rear and super grip in the front. I was gonna get rid of the decals but couldn't get arsed to do so.

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 14:17 Quote
niconj wrote:
7/10 for the green Banshee. Color is always cool! I would've gotten rid of the rear rim decals too. The rear end looks so different from the front triangle regarding the tubing...

Here's mine. It has gone through a lot of changes lately and I may have reached the final setup (for now). Never mind the green Direttissima calipers. They were available and I wanted to go back from the Hope V4 calipers I had been using before.

The tire combo is pretty decent. Fast rolling in the rear and super grip in the front. I was gonna get rid of the decals but couldn't get arsed to do so.

It is super nice! How do you like the suspension and what can you compare it to? Cheers

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
niconj wrote:

Sweet bike! is that the 140 or 150? I've been looking at the Forbidden Druid for a while, my main concern with the high pivot is the idler, any issues with the idler? noise, resistance, etc. Otherwise 7/10 on components, 10/10 on bike choice, so 8.5/10, I guess? I just have a bad experience with Shimano drivetrains and prefer larger suspension brands

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 22:35 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
tall-martin wrote:
10/10 on the rune!

Love those frames

If the seat tube is too long, what about taking a hacksaw to it?

No dropper port- get the drill out!

No bottle bosses- can you fit a fidlock up above the shock? If not what about under the down tube?

I've bodged a bottle in my g13, it is quite a large frame :-)

The deviate is sweet 9.9/10 I wouldn't fancy getting the suspension serviced in the UK!

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
tall-martin wrote:
If the seat tube is too long, what about taking a hacksaw to it?

No dropper port- get the drill out!

No bottle bosses- can you fit a fidlock up above the shock? If not what about under the down tube?

I've bodged a bottle in my g13, it is quite a large frame :-)
Hacksaw wouldnt work, there is a brace that goes right near to the top of the seat tube.

Contemplating drilling one and putting a oneup v2 180mm dropper in there and shimming to 160mm. would fit me almost perfectly when slammed.

For the bottle, only place it could go is the downtube. and that would get the bottle muddy as hell which I would not enjoy the taste of.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 7:25 Quote
Does that fender actually do anything?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 8:12 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Does that fender actually do anything?

Dust off the stanchions.....

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 12:33 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Sweet bike! is that the 140 or 150? I've been looking at the Forbidden Druid for a while, my main concern with the high pivot is the idler, any issues with the idler? noise, resistance, etc. Otherwise 7/10 on components, 10/10 on bike choice, so 8.5/10, I guess? I just have a bad experience with Shimano drivetrains and prefer larger suspension brands

It's the 140mm version. I have tried the 150mm link but went back to 140. The previous setup was 170/150 which was like a train going straight through anything. It was too much for my liking so I went back to 150/140. It's not quite as bottomless but livelier.

As far as the drivetrain is concerned. It's not all Shimano. It's a mix of both worlds and by far the best I've ridden so far. It combines the quick shifting of the AXS and the smooth shifting of the XTR. Couldn't be happier.

I actually don't care about the size of the suspension brand as long as the suspension works and it does. I am also in regular contact with the owner so that's a plus too.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
niconj wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:

It's the 140mm version. I have tried the 150mm link but went back to 140. The previous setup was 170/150 which was like a train going straight through anything. It was too much for my liking so I went back to 150/140. It's not quite as bottomless but livelier.

As far as the drivetrain is concerned. It's not all Shimano. It's a mix of both worlds and by far the best I've ridden so far. It combines the quick shifting of the AXS and the smooth shifting of the XTR. Couldn't be happier.

I actually don't care about the size of the suspension brand as long as the suspension works and it does. I am also in regular contact with the owner so that's a plus too.

Nice I have the AXS on my bike too, I've heard of Shimano AXS combos being great. I just prefer Sram drivetrains because of my poor Shimano experience. I had an 11-speed XT and it was solid for 6 months but then the chain got wounded up halfway up a climb, and with no chain breaker, I was forced to turn around. I then rode a friends 12-speed SLX and the shifter broke and stopped shifting/clicking. My friend also had a 10-speed Deore and the cage snapped straight off. That's cool you know the suspension manufacter, may I ask what brand it is?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
That's cool you know the suspension manufacter, may I ask what brand it is?
brand is intend. https://www.intend-bc.com/

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011997
Mobile Version of Website