RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
We should start a Dward Designs support group…

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 9:33 Quote
Hi. My name is Javi and I'm an addict to titanium.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
It’s only a problem if you admit it.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Beautiful bike - unbelievable amount of money tho! £360 for the chainring! £200 for the jockey wheels!!

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
It looks loads better to my eyes now you’ve binned the flat bar and tiller, sorry, long stem.

The downside of that is now the blip box and wires are showing, so 9.5/10 until someone/you can find a way to deconstruct the blip box to hide it in the bars. Crack on.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
That Izzo is a beauty. Excellent choice of colours. 9/10
Why only 9? Those pedals are scary for me, and I use clipless myself!!.
I love eggbeaters, and the bonus is when you encounter people new to the sport and they think your pedal broke off.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
ChallengeButter wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
That Izzo is a beauty. Excellent choice of colours. 9/10
Why only 9? Those pedals are scary for me, and I use clipless myself!!.
I love eggbeaters, and the bonus is when you encounter people new to the sport and they think your pedal broke off.
They've been in the market forever but never tried them myself. Do they support nicely?
I always thought they were for XC, but I'm clearly wrong.
Hahaha....I can imagine some people's faces when they see them!!

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 13:21 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
It looks loads better to my eyes now you’ve binned the flat bar and tiller, sorry, long stem.

The downside of that is now the blip box and wires are showing, so 9.5/10 until someone/you can find a way to deconstruct the blip box to hide it in the bars. Crack on.
Cheers man!! That's a high score coming from somebody with an excellent taste. Much appreciated!
I still have the flat bars but the riding position is so much better now that I think they won't go back on any time soon.
Aye, I need to do some more trials with the blipbox. But....I've already broken 2 of them trying to reduce its size, and those things are no cheap (and obviously I didn't even bother starting a warranty claim) so on the stem it goes for a wee while.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
Do they support nicely?
I always thought they were for XC, but I'm clearly wrong.
Hahaha....I can imagine some people's faces when they see them!!

The support will rely on having shoes with stiff supportive soles, I use mine for enduro riding all the time. I like them over the clipless with platforms because they let me foot float more which helps a lot with my knee pain.

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
tbc wrote:
Beautiful bike - unbelievable amount of money tho! £360 for the chainring! £200 for the jockey wheels!!

That’s just the beginning, once you have them on one bike, anything else won’t do…

tomhoward379 wrote:

Right, after life getting in the way for a month, then 2 months off the bike and unable to ride this (broken collarbone and 5 ribs), I got the all clear to start. Was all ready to give it the beans in order to get ready to race it at Malverns in a couple of weeks. Then got the ‘Rona yesterday and it’s kicking my arse, so leaving me a week (ish) to recover and get a feel for a bike I’ve ridden once from almost 3 months off. I’m out of that. Gutted.

So here you go, roast or reward, idc as I can barely get out of bed at the moment.

Top cap is now flush with the stem…

Edit: should probably do a spec list

Rå .410, Ultimate Candy Red. Large, external brake routing. AXS only.
Intend Edge Gen 1 with Gen 2 damper after the original one was ruined (along with a stanchion) by its ham fisted previous owner. Rulezman Guards
Reilly Cycleworks Ti headset
Trickstuff Maxima brakes, 2 years in the making. 203mm F&R KOM 4 bolt rotors
KOM Xeno hubs on WTB CZR i30
Beast Riser 25 bars
5Dev 35mm Ti stem
ODI Vans waffle grips, with black lock collars
Sturdy Cycles 165mm Ti MTB cranks and 30t Ti chainring.
5Dev pedals
XO1 10-50 cassette, XO1 chain, GX AXS mech and shifter
170mm AXS Reverb
Sensus X SDG radar saddle
Dward design Ti Seatclamp, top cap, bash guard, jockey wheels and BB.
Minion DHR/F 2.6

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
Shit, man! I hope you get better soon and can ride that beauty. The good 'ol Rona can be quite hard. I got it in January and was off for a good couple of weeks.
Healing vibes from up here.

I'm gonna call your bike "Spinal Tap", because it goes up to 11!!!

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 12:02 Quote
Damn Tom, that is about as perfect as it gets.

11/10

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 22:39 Quote
9.8/10. wish the reverb came in 200mm so it could slam. amazing photos by the way. puts mine to shame.

sherpa ti size large
thomson stem
roost ti bar
chris king headset
magura mt8
pnw 170mm dropper
xt cranks/chain, xtr cassette, gx axs
fox 34 step cast
roval control wheels dt350
fastrak 2.35 / ground control 2.35
24.5lbs as pictured (without bottles)

got this thing for mile munching/trail riding/xc racing/general bicycle riding. stoked to get it on dirt soon.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
Τhe Rå .410 is a worthy contender for sexiest ht of all time! Clean, exotic and quality photography to top everything off.

Posted: Aug 13, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
justwan-naride wrote:
Τhe Rå .410 is a worthy contender for sexiest ht of all time! Clean, exotic and quality photography to top everything off.

Thanks! I can’t take credit for the pics though. Rafi from Rå took them, he really is disappointingly talented at everything he touches…

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015634
Mobile Version of Website