RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RATE MY RIDE XC/AM - RATE THE BIKE posted above you.
Posted: May 24, 2012 at 2:59 Quote
Damn it's made out of Bamboo? didn't see that Redface 8.5/10

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 8:29 Quote
crowaan wrote:
jaacck wrote:
acerocker3 wrote:

About 11kg ish, will weigh tomorrow. Could easily be dropped a lot lower though

Carbon bars, 1x9 or 10 and lighter cranks could make that thing light as hell. I give it a 7.5/10, looks like you could do some serious miles on it! 9/10 with the upgrades and the handlebar things removed. Smile

8.5/10 for being made out of bamboo and having bar ends. Did you have to cut your grips and if you didn't what grips are you using?

nar i just moved them in Smile not sure on the make as they came with it but i think they may be m-part

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 13:01 Quote
My custom 2012 Norco Phaser 1
2012 Phaser 1 Build

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 13:04 Quote
Thats nice man, 9/10. looks like a great ride, bet it shreds!

Just weighed my giant, 32.10 lbs. not bad although it seems that it should be heavier. will be higher with the reverb though. hoping carbon bars and perhaps tubeless will counteract that though.

photo

photo

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 14:12 Quote
8.5/10 on that Phaser. Looks tidy

This be my new Meta AM
Fox 36 Float FIT Fox RP23 XV XT cranks brakes and cassette Hope Pro 2 evo hubs NoTubes ZTR Flow rims XTR shifter and mech Renthal bar and stem Ethirteen LG1 guide DMR Vault pedals Thomson elite post

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 14:46 Quote
8.5 on the Meta AM because I love the look of Commercial frames and that blue is a sick color. Want to give one of those a go sometime see if they ride as good as they look.

Posted: May 24, 2012 at 19:20 Quote
bdease91 wrote:
My custom 2012 Norco Phaser 1
2012 Phaser 1 Build

Realy great machine

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 8:03 Quote
nockiseo wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:
One of the nicer Mongoose I've seen! But, its a Mongoose...I would def invest in a frame over wheels/fork...7/10

I hear yah, ill def consider that. Thanks

Don't listen to that shit, the Teocali has amazing, well thought out performance, and great looking to boot, if his only beef is the name it's a worthless comment. I used to own one and regret selling it. 9/10

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 8:28 Quote
minotro wrote:
nockiseo wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:
One of the nicer Mongoose I've seen! But, its a Mongoose...I would def invest in a frame over wheels/fork...7/10

Don't listen to that shit, the Teocali has amazing, well thought out performance, and great looking to boot, if his only beef is the name it's a worthless comment. I used to own one and regret selling it. 9/10
To each his own. A friend has one so its not just based on looks. It rides decent but does not have the feel/perfomance of a higher end bike, period. It is however a great entry level bike!

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 11:06 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
minotro wrote:
nockiseo wrote:

To each his own. A friend has one so its not just based on looks. It rides decent but does not have the feel/perfomance of a higher end bike, period. It is however a great entry level bike!

They have not been consistent from year to year on their build specs, trying to find the line between economical and competitive. Now that they aren't selling in the US, it looks to be back to the High end for them. Helps to have Akrigg dominating on them as well.

Posted: May 25, 2012 at 16:15 Quote
minotro wrote:
nockiseo wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:

Thanks, I just got it and Im liking it more and more. Big step up from my previous bike so yup!

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 5:44 Quote
6/10 for the giant. I'm not sure why but I'm no fan.

Mine.....
Mondraker Dune

2011 Mondraker dune. Medium.
Bos Deville 160 trc. Straight steerer with reducer crown race. Maybe an angleset in the future.
Stans flow rims on superstar switch evos.
Wtb bronsons. 2.35. Tubless with Stans sealant.
2012 XT brakes. 180/160. Goodridge hoses.
XT cranks.
Red hope stainless BB
Renthal SR4 34t ring. Got a 36 lying about too.
E13 LG1+
Shimano m647 pedals
X9 shifter and short mech.
11 - 34t 9 speed cassette
Hope 50mm AM stem
Sunline V1 bars. 711 and 19 rise.
Deity lean grips.
Fizik tundra 2
KS i900 dropper post. (touches wood as he says 3 yrs, 2 megas, no services, and zero issues.)

Weight 30.6lbs. Lighter with my mag ti pedals for when I get scared!

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 6:26 Quote
9/10 for mondraker , i love the frame

Posted: May 26, 2012 at 6:44 Quote
9/10 on the Mondraker.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029328
Mobile Version of Website