Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 18:16 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
What kind of riding are you doing?
The worst kind street park and dirt. all three never had an issue I even did tire slides with them. they still held up. I weigh 230 too. My mk2 intence however blew up mid air and my maxxis dth tore open one day on a tire slide.

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 18:19 Quote
I always hear mixed reviews about mk2's, more bad than good. I usually stick to dirt, occasionally
a little street and park. But a case hard, really hard on dirt a lot.

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 18:19 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
norcofreerider8 wrote:
I dont know? I pull a fat 3, don't even come up that short and next thing I know Im skidding down the landing
on nothing but my rim. And I run very high psi too.

Yeah same thing for him, just doing 180s even he pops them...but on the other hand, another person I know doesnt go through any tubes at all
ya ive never popped a sb8, i run my tires at around 60psi, its perfect

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
tom666 wrote:
jamiemaclean94 wrote:
Can someone explain cranks to me? I know all about MTB cranks but havent a clue with BMX cranks, what osrt of bb do you need? how do they fit together? what are there advantages?

Also, if you use an MTB crank with an 18T cog at the back, what would you suggest is a good chainring size for general pissing around (not jumps but not trials Razz )

BMX cranks are either 2 or 3 pieces. 2 crank arms and a spindle, or the non drive side crank arm and the spindle are one. They use a euro BB like one of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=60289

They fit through a bottom bracket which has a hole through it the size of the spindle and bearings do their thing. The advantages to BMX cranks is they're f*cking tough and they look clean. Also easily serviced.

My advice would be to buy a smaller rear cog because you would need a 40t front sprocket for a reasonable ratio with an 18t rear.

34-15, 32-14, 30-13 are all reasonable ratios.
Could i take apart a cassette and use one of the cogs from that?

i tried, if your chain line is even the slightest bit off your chain hops of under load...

go to your lbs and buy a cog, its like 5$

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 21:05 Quote
NWray wrote:
OMG YOU ARE ALL f*ckING PICKY A FOOK

the first rigid bike with the red hub/ black bar ends is sick

the dob is pretty nice, and nice job building it so cheap

and like i said last night, oecta, your bike is dialed, the fork alone is worth more than 2/3rds of what you payed for the whole bike nice job tup

ALSO, oecta yes you arent a Micro soft xbox fairy, PS3 FTW Razz but i would suggest a HD tv, it does make a difference Wink
That shit is hd, the first 780i hd tv forsale to the general public, And its mine, don't use it too much and I thought we played in the pb game of cod together?

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 21:05 Quote
maybe.... i cant member, wont be getting MW3... BF3 ftw Razz

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 21:07 Quote
I haven't turned it on since august:p and fyi, that tv was over 4 grand when when it came out

Posted: Oct 27, 2011 at 21:08 Quote
LOL i just play on my comp monitor:P works pre well

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:05 Quote

Madder my build.....all parts arrived....but no time to put them together....shame Madder

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
ipsh4090 wrote:

Madder my build.....all parts arrived....but no time to put them together....shame Madder
I'm sorry but that looks like a really horrid build Frown

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:15 Quote
ogstreet wrote:
ipsh4090 wrote:

I'm sorry but that looks like a really horrid build Frown

Have to agree, and heavy!

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:16 Quote
yes

my first one, money has been paid

no return now.......take it as a lesson

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:18 Quote
no one really ride single speed dj bike in my area, no one is selling them also....

so I decide to build my own......

Posted: Oct 28, 2011 at 10:19 Quote
how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008442
Mobile Version of Website