Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 13:24 Quote
NWray wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Deity/Stout are going to rule the upper end of the DJ market this year...

this, ive suggested a small local shop to start carrying a stock of 1-2 stout frames, mainly cause they are lower cost but bomb proof as f*ck Razz that and he'll do any geo/ frame config you want

I think the point of custom geometry is that the rider gets what the rider wants. By the shop buying it in and having a frame in stock that the shop choose the geometry of the customer is now getting what the shop want and not what the rider want. And as I said, the whole appeal of stout is that the rider gets what the rider wants.

The shop would be better off saying "we have a deal with stout, pop in and we'll help you decide on geometry and you can buy it through us". That would help people who don't know what they want and save effort organizing delivery for themselves. So they would be providing a service like shops do.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 13:25 Quote
Dude. When you learn how to use the forums properly, you can come back.
We are not hating.

Edit: Towards that trials bike dude.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 13:31 Quote
tom666 wrote:
NWray wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Deity/Stout are going to rule the upper end of the DJ market this year...

this, ive suggested a small local shop to start carrying a stock of 1-2 stout frames, mainly cause they are lower cost but bomb proof as f*ck Razz that and he'll do any geo/ frame config you want

I think the point of custom geometry is that the rider gets what the rider wants. By the shop buying it in and having a frame in stock that the shop choose the geometry of the customer is now getting what the shop want and not what the rider want. And as I said, the whole appeal of stout is that the rider gets what the rider wants.

The shop would be better off saying "we have a deal with stout, pop in and we'll help you decide on geometry and you can buy it through us". That would help people who don't know what they want and save effort organizing delivery for themselves. So they would be providing a service like shops do.

thing is tho, most people wont buy something unless they know how the quality is. people around here are very knit picky about everything, were said shop to bring in a frame with DJ or street geo, and one FGFS frame(tis a fixxie/bmx/dj shop specifically) he could A) have something to show the people, and B) have something else he can sell Razz

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 13:39 Quote
I agree actually having 1 in stock to show the quality of the frame and to allow customers to have a look would be good, but buying them in store and selling them with geo the shop has chosen as a long term strategy isn't the best way to go about it.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 14:13 Quote
tom666 wrote:
I agree actually having 1 in stock to show the quality of the frame and to allow customers to have a look would be good, but buying them in store and selling them with geo the shop has chosen as a long term strategy isn't the best way to go about it.
This

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 14:16 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Well he coudl do two frames one with dj geo in mind and another for street. So he can sell two basic models based on costumer geometry to what he thinks will suit a first time buyer/rider. There for getting his name out there and product quality Smile

If that makes any sense at all.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
I don't think you need 2. If the customer wants fixed geo there are cheaper ways to go about it. The whole appeal is customization (remember they do paint aswell) and that still appeals to noobies.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 16:59 Quote
I kinda like the idea of a "shop geometry". Presumably, someone at said shop knows a thing or two about bikes/geo/and the "ideal" setup for the riding in the area. With that knowledge, you could go to Stout/Dobermann/whoever, and get them to make a geometry suited to that terrain. Sure, someone could copy it, or someone could prefer a different _____ angle, but I think it's a cool idea.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 17:09 Quote
Terrain varies such a lot though. In my local area there are 2 spots about 5 miles apart that are complete opposites - one is all chalk and the other is clay with rocks. So I think in that way the 'Shop Geo' would be flawed. However, the 'shop geo' could be like the starting point for somebody's build as what they would recommend for the customer

Then after that the customer can be like "arhhh, nah man, I want a 1 degree steeper HA and 5mm shorter 'stays." and they can go from there. It can act as either a starting point or can be the hard as fast answer for somebody with no idea what they're on about who just want to ride bikes.

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 18:23 Quote
NWray wrote:
and i repeat myself, good luck breaking it lol cr's frame is marked up but doesnt look like its gonna break any time soon(we all know his history with frames)
I thought CR cracked his?:s

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
nawww lol he's cracked just about every other frame he's had tho lol

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 19:31 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/JesusWasBlackMetal/bikenig.pngUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/JesusWasBlackMetal/20111219-IMG_1467.jpg

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 22:15 Quote
ipsh4090 wrote:

Madder my build.....all parts arrived....but no time to put them together....shame Madder

I actually replaced the Identiti rigid with a DJ3

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 at 23:44 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w168/JesusWasBlackMetal/20111219-IMG_1474.jpg

Posted: Dec 21, 2011 at 0:02 Quote
hendrix42 wrote:
konastuff06rider wrote:
nice top^^ heres mine:

nice what forks?

the look like pargyles[/Quote]

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011886
Mobile Version of Website