Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
So basically the chain stay needs to be mounted to bottom bracket to run the single...?

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 19:23 Quote
AntN wrote:
So basically the chain stay needs to be mounted to bottom bracket to run the single...?

It needs to have a concentric BB. The main pivot rotates around the BB shell in order to keep the axle the same distance from the center of the BB to maintain constant chain tension.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 19:29 Quote
seraph wrote:
AntN wrote:

It needs to have a concentric BB. The main pivot rotates around the BB shell in order to keep the axle the same distance from the center of the BB to maintain constant chain tension.
Sopring loaded tensioners can also be used... BUT those are aa pain in the dickhole.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 21:24 Quote
My Ticket S is single speed Wink

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 22:17 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
My Ticket S is single speed Wink

I really wish they had made the Ticket S in a concentric BB setup. I mean it's not like it needs to be Full Floater.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 23:40 Quote
My Ticket S is also Singlespeed with a Zee der as a tensioner. couldn't get a limit screw long enough, so I've got a bit of cable holding the tension. Works flawlessly.

I really do miss the simplicity of my bass or my soda slope though. Concentric pivots are the shit for slope, but man the ticket s rides too good.

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 23:57 Quote
Dear Intense, can I please have a Tazer DS with a 'Concentric pivot' around the BB. Cheers.
Cool

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 1:28 Quote
AntN wrote:
Dear Intense, can I please have a Tazer DS with a 'Concentric pivot' around the BB. Cheers.
Cool

Tazer frames have super slalom/4X specific geometry. You'd be better off with a full suspension slopestyle frame.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 2:29 Quote
seraph wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
seraph wrote:

There are several. The old Kona Cowan DS/Bass, the NS Soda Slope, the Specialized P.Slope, the Dartmoor Shine, the DMR Bolt... I know I'm missing some but that's what I know off the top of my head.
kill switch..

Bolt
DMR Bolt.

I briefly owned this Bolt after Vanilla... Should never have sold it but got a firm telling to do so by the ex-missus. God damn.

Babah freddy too? Bit of an oddball but loved the geo of my Terror HT and i know they are basically the same frame but with squish.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 6:33 Quote
seraph wrote:
I really wish they had made the Ticket S in a concentric BB setup. I mean it's not like it needs to be Full Floater.

Agreed. I'm kinda curious if they are going to revamp the Ticket S frame, now that they have a suspension design that isnt full floater (Slash). It would make sense to me.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 9:18 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Agreed. I'm kinda curious if they are going to revamp the Ticket S frame, now that they have a suspension design that isnt full floater (Slash). It would make sense to me.

Don't they have a few pros on the Ticket S with a single speed setup?

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:36 Quote
seraph wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Definitely. Semenuk and rheeder are currently ss

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:37 Quote
From what I saw they were running tensioners as of that freecoaster edit semenuk posted

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
seraph wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

Definitely. Semenuk and rheeder are currently ss

semenuk just built up a new frame thats running gears again. Honestly probably my favorite paint job I have ever seen. Thinking of getting mine custom painted too.

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
Hey people.
I'm looking for a good for wheel that's tough but doesn't break the bank haha any suggestions????

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037462
Mobile Version of Website