Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 17:44 Quote
edumat12 wrote:
liamarcher wrote:
Just finished building this ,still a few bits left to do , but it's rideable now .
Ns capital

Congrats on the build! looks awesome
I love the left-hand drive. Some kind of black magic goin on there... Salute

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I need a GOOD brake set up able to lock up under my fat arse, I am not paying the price of a sore butt again

Edit bmx u-brake

Ody. Ody ody ody.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 19:13 Quote
Ody evo, colony, eclat or Demolition. Really anything typical looking, just not Shadow. Worst brakes out of 5 I've tested in the past year.

Really out of the 4 good ones I listed, the Demo is really my favourite (smoothest, has bearings on the pivots) ody with Supra II clears is the strongest.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 19:16 Quote
Does Demo ship their stuff with different spring rates yet? Ody soft springs for life.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 21:16 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Does Demo ship their stuff with different spring rates yet? Ody soft springs for life.

The demos I had employed a spring with a gauge similar to the shadow spring, except it's squared. It didn't break though, and I broke both of my shadow springs within a few weeks of buying them.

Thought it was an anomaly, until I asked a BMX shop near my house and they said the shadow brakes brake on the regular.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 21:44 Quote
sherbet wrote:
jespinal wrote:
I need a GOOD brake set up able to lock up under my fat arse, I am not paying the price of a sore butt again

Edit bmx u-brake

Ody. Ody ody ody.

I was pretty impressed by my mates Springfields, they're a budget brake but still feel good and are dead simple to set up. I am the guy my mates go to when they need their brakes/rear wheels aligned and I didn't have to do it for the brake to be set up correctly lol

Evo 2s are a nice brake too, also make sure you get quality cable and outer, can make a huge difference in lever feel.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 22:47 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
edumat12 wrote:
liamarcher wrote:
Just finished building this ,still a few bits left to do , but it's rideable now .
Ns capital

Congrats on the build! looks awesome
I love the left-hand drive. Some kind of black magic goin on there... Salute

Bmx black magic !

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
Got my new frame today. Stoked to ride a hardtail again. Big Grin

New frame is finally here

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
Looks like a P3, but in a good way. tup

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
seraph wrote:
its nice because of the 142, and internal cable routing.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
Got my new frame today. Stoked to ride a hardtail again. Big Grin

New frame is finally here
looks sweat when you getting it put together

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:40 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
seraph wrote:

These are both awesome features for a DJ frame. However I hope in the future we see cleaner sliding through-axle dropouts.

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 11:42 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
seraph wrote:

These are both awesome features for a DJ frame. However I hope in the future we see cleaner sliding through-axle dropouts.
In my opinion the axle design is pretty clean. This is the next hardtail im getting if i decide to go back to a hardtail.
Nik

Posted: Apr 28, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
I am confused guys, are internal cables like a hollow tube inside the frame so it's easy to fish the brake line through?

Or is it just literally a hole drilled in the tube and you gotta try to find the hole

I don't think they sound like something I want, so what makes the internal routing desirable?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043694
Mobile Version of Website