Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 24, 2017 at 3:52 Quote
Sorry wrong thread, yes 4x bike.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 9:26 Quote
AntN wrote:

I'm not bothered, I've never ridden a 4x bike but I can only assume they would've nice and stable over some big dirt jumps

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 10:03 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
AntN wrote:

I'm not bothered, I've never ridden a 4x bike but I can only assume they would've nice and stable over some big dirt jumps

4X bikes are fine on DJs. The only difference I've noticed is a slightly longer chainstay and steeper head angle.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 12:04 Quote
Like slopebikes on dirttrails, it ist possible, but not the best.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 12:50 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
Like slopebikes on dirttrails, it ist possible, but not the best.

I take my slope bike on trails and it shreds. Just saying.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 17:57 Quote
Anyone have suggestions on a new crank set?

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 18:08 Quote
Deity for bmx style, race face Chester, or sixc if your ballin!
Shimano slx, Saint.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 18:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
AntN wrote:

4X bikes are fine on DJs. The only difference I've noticed is a slightly longer chainstay and steeper head angle.
4x were the OG DJs, my yeti is called a DJ yet has 4x geo.
I mainly ride Dirt Jumps, but don't do any "tricks" that involve removing my hands from the bar nor my feet from the pedals so I don't require the top tube clearance of Slope bikes. I also like to be 'in and behind the bars which long 4X bikes offer over the hands to knees feel of the short slope bikes....

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 18:50 Quote
I have an old 4X bike and it's basically got modern slope geo. It corners better than any other bicycle I've ever tried, regardless of wheel size or amount of suspension. I can't really speak for the hardtails but full suspension 4X bikes make a lot of sense as a DJ-with-benefits kind of build.

Also, it's insanely light and I'm sure that helps.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 19:04 Quote
4X frames can be worth considering if you're tall or like a bit more room in the top tube. My Tremonia doesn't manual or spin as easily as my old Void but I find it much more comfortable to ride due to the long top tube. Kinda wish it had a shorter CS but the trade off is worth it. The low BB isn't such a problem now I've raised the fork a bit more.

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 20:22 Quote
Cool, I know they would be alright.

To be honest I kinda think my old majesty is a bit twitchy on bigger stuff.

I have a cove hooker and it is kind of a weird bike, but it is very stable in the air. Hard to 360 it though

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 20:38 Quote
DirtJam2011 wrote:
Anything bmx with 48 spline and spline drive crankset from a reputable brand will probably outlive you

Posted: May 24, 2017 at 23:01 Quote
jespinal wrote:
DirtJam2011 wrote:
Anything bmx with 48 spline and spline drive crankset from a reputable brand will probably outlive you

Be careful of the spindle length if they're going on a dj bike. Deity and Profile do longer 48 spline spindles but apparently they aren't always compatible with each other's crank arms.

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
What are the canyon stitched and shine like in comparison to a hardtail?

Posted: May 25, 2017 at 18:04 Quote
SolarLonsky wrote:
jespinal wrote:
DirtJam2011 wrote:

Be careful of the spindle length if they're going on a dj bike. Deity and Profile do longer 48 spline spindles but apparently they aren't always compatible with each other's crank arms.

This is true, profile arms are slightly loose on the deity spindle.. On that note, ive got a long (7") Ti Deity spindle(used) if anyone's interested, I run profile, someone didn't specify when I bought it, ive never used it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028169
Mobile Version of Website