Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 14:22 Quote
Syntace Megaforce is light, strong, and sexy.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 18:47 Quote
Took nearly 5 years but I finally wore out all the leftover norco parts. Bunch of new goodies coming for the Dob Ns rotary pro hubs amp rockshock argyle to be here soon.

Hey guys, been a while. Mainly just saying hi. Picked up some 140mm argyles to replace the Marzo's. I'm assuming I can lower them with spacers, but I'm trying to decide between 80 or 100mm. Any reason why one would be better than the other? Mostly street, but a fair share of dirt-jumping and trails as well.

Posted: Jun 18, 2017 at 21:20 Quote
Geometry sorter travel will steepen your head angle and drop your bb at 100 you seem to have a fairly neutral bb so I'd go with that

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 2:49 Quote
So my argyle RCT is being sent away in a few days for a service and a tune (to my weight)

Is there any mods or upgrades people have done to uproar their fork ?

Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 17:07 Quote
DynamiteMTB wrote:
What stem are you currently running on your dj bikes? I'm going to change my Renthal Duo, and I don't know one I should buy. I'm considering those ones, all in 40/35mm, price is almost the same so no reason to choose:
(Matched to a Renthal Fatbar Lite)
Spank Spike

Renthal Apex
Renthal Apex stem range

Hope Freeride
Pinkbike Product Picks 2014

I have a rental apex on my xc bike. It was on my Majesty but I didn't trust it. It'll work, but it actually uses 3 MM bolts on the steerer tube clamp.

Like I said, it'll work, but you want something stronger.

Edit: I have two spank spikes now- one replaced the apex, the other one replaced a finnicky NS magneto.

Magneto...great idea, but it loosens on its own once in a blue moon.

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
DynamiteMTB wrote:
What stem are you currently running on your dj bikes? I'm going to change my Renthal Duo, and I don't know one I should buy. I'm considering those ones, all in 40/35mm, price is almost the same so no reason to choose:
(Matched to a Renthal Fatbar Lite)
Spank Spike

Renthal Apex
Renthal Apex stem range

Hope Freeride
Pinkbike Product Picks 2014

I have a rental apex on my xc bike. It was on my Majesty but I didn't trust it. It'll work, but it actually uses 3 MM bolts on the steerer tube clamp.

Like I said, it'll work, but you want something stronger.

Edit: I have two spank spikes now- one replaced the apex, the other one replaced a finnicky NS magneto.

Magneto...great idea, but it loosens on its own once in a blue moon.

I'm not worried about the Apex strength, because I've it on my Banshee Rune that is used mostly for downhill so... I've a friend that since the first day has problems with it...

It seems that dependes on the one that you bought Jail

I think that i'll go for the Hope in black, but black bars is needed... Facepalm lol
I'll post a photo when it will be mount

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
DynamiteMTB wrote:
What stem are you currently running on your dj bikes? I'm going to change my Renthal Duo, and I don't know one I should buy. I'm considering those ones, all in 40/35mm, price is almost the same so no reason to choose

Running Deity Cavity's and will be getting a Copper head soon for my trail bike.

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 18:22 Quote
At the ripe age of 40 I decided to by a dirt jumper! I picked up a Specialized P26 at a pawn shop and went to work. Stripped it down, sanded, repainted and a bunch of new parts later here she is.
Day one
  Day one

Finished 2
  Finished 2

Finished 4
  Finished 4

Finished 5
  Finished 5

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 18:54 Quote
Jbird07 wrote:
At the ripe age of 40 I decided to by a dirt jumper! I picked up a Specialized P26 at a pawn shop and went to work. Stripped it down, sanded, repainted and a bunch of new parts later here she is.
Day one
  Day one

Finished 2
  Finished 2

Finished 4
  Finished 4

Finished 5
  Finished 5
never to old looks sweet man

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 19:48 Quote
Nice bike, I also think it's great you decided to get a dirtjump bike. 40 isn't that old, and if you keep in shape I don't see why a 40 year old couldn't ride dirtjumps.

I'm digging the build, but If there was one thing I would change if it was mine is the valve stem caps, I'd put normal ones on Razz

Posted: Jun 22, 2017 at 20:10 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Nice bike, I also think it's great you decided to get a dirtjump bike. 40 isn't that old, and if you keep in shape I don't see why a 40 year old couldn't ride dirtjumps.

I'm digging the build, but If there was one thing I would change if it was mine is the valve stem caps, I'd put normal ones on Razz

Thanks guys. Me hopping all over the neighborhood ain't normal so I figure my valve caps shouldn't be either!!! Plus it's a roll of the dice every time I get on that thing Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 11:19 Quote
Hey gang, about 1/2 the time I land fakie on my slope bike my chain pops off.

I run a Yess chain tensioner and she's single speed.

And ideas?

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
Chainline isnt straight or the tensioner is bent, id reccomend using an actual derailleur as a tensioner instead, in my experience it'll work better.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 12:49 Quote
If you don't like the look of a derailleur as a tensioner, I recommend a dual-pulley guide like the Paul Melvin. I think Problem Solvers also makes one, and it's probably cheaper too.

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
Chainline isnt straight or the tensioner is bent, id reccomend using an actual derailleur as a tensioner instead, in my experience it'll work better.

Yep, triple check your chainline. I run the YESS on my slope bike, and have never had an issue with fakie

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.045959
Mobile Version of Website