Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 11:30 Quote
lucas-mtb wrote:
im buying a new dj frame and i want a long frame that is really good for barsins do you guys have any recommendations?
P3 and Pslope are pretty long. Im 6 3 riding a ticket s and have no issue baring it.
super easy and everything. frame length will only help when learning to
bar, but once you can bar properly, youll pretty much be able to bar
most if not all slope and dirt jump bikes. also long frame isn't great
if youre a short person but i dont know how tall or short you are. Id
look at Vimana, Ticket DJ, and P3 mainly. Those are my fav. and vimana
comes in 2 sized. I'd personally pick the vimana.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
Last week i rode with 2other guys on vimana, they were riding the smaller frames and when they tryed my long frame they were amazed by the difference and how better it was. So i would say vimana but if you are super tall pick a p3.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
Last week i rode with 2other guys on vimana, they were riding the smaller frames and when they tryed my long frame they were amazed by the difference and how better it was. So i would say vimana but if you are super tall pick a p3.
But the large vimana is pretty much the same length as the p3, the trek is shorter, but personally im a fan of the trek so far. And i like the 142x12 more than a bolt on. Honestly, you pick any of those the 3 and you will be more than happy. I doubt you could complain of any of them. My next frame is gonna be the v slope, and so far ive been on the pslope, ticket s, and p3.

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
lucas-mtb wrote:
im buying a new dj frame and i want a long frame that is really good for barsins do you guys have any recommendations?

Honestly I would keep the crypt keeper that it looks like your selling Salute

Posted: Aug 22, 2017 at 16:42 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
lucas-mtb wrote:

Honestly I would keep the crypt keeper that it looks like your selling Salute
as nice as the crypt is, it has a really short top tube. you should still be able to bar it tho.
long top tube can only help you to a certain extent. id say its like 85% of the barspin is the technique.
Dj brant had the crypt for a while, and he throws more bars than anyone ive ever seen.
just try it out of a skate park. or even pull up bars. I learned pullup bars, and then flyout,
and then bunnyhop bars, and out of the p3, the p slope, and the ticket s, the ticket is by
far the easiest to bar, and it has the shortest TT length of them all. it actually has the same
tt length as that crypt.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 2:19 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
But the large vimana is pretty much the same length as the p3, the trek is shorter, but personally im a fan of the trek so far. And i like the 142x12 more than a bolt on. Honestly, you pick any of those the 3 and you will be more than happy. I doubt you could complain of any of them. My next frame is gonna be the v slope, and so far ive been on the pslope, ticket s, and p3.
Yes on paper they are the same size, but when you ride it the vimana feels completly different due to the geometry

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Hey I'm wondering what you guys would recommend for a good mechanical disc brake. I used to run avid bb5 along time ago before I went with hydraulic brakes. But I am getting fed up with bleeding the brakes as I don't ride my bike enough. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 9:16 Quote
oostivinater1994 wrote:
Hey I'm wondering what you guys would recommend for a good mechanical disc brake. I used to run avid bb5 along time ago before I went with hydraulic brakes. But I am getting fed up with bleeding the brakes as I don't ride my bike enough. Any input would be greatly appreciated

TRP Spyre

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 9:33 Quote
seraph wrote:
oostivinater1994 wrote:

TRP Spyre

Literally the only one worth using. Trp spyre with BMX lever. Almost hydraulic-level power, without nearly as much modulation, but the power is really all you need when it comes to brakes. You can put Shimano metallic pads in them, too.

Edit, I should add, I mean use the cx spyre, not the MTN one. Mtn lever and caliper is always weaker for some reason. The same way the bb5 mtn is weaker than the bb5 road with a BMX lever.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ca/en/trp-spyre-mechanical-2-piston-disc-brake/rp-prod143623
Metro-Gnome is this the one that your meaning?

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 12:39 Quote
yup, pair that with these pads and youre off to the races for mucho stopping power.

https://www.amazon.ca/Shimano-E01S-Meta-Disc-Brake/dp/B003RLLJZE

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 13:45 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
yup, pair that with these pads and youre off to the races for mucho stopping power.

https://www.amazon.ca/Shimano-E01S-Meta-Disc-Brake/dp/B003RLLJZE
Alright thanks guys much appreciated, any suggestions on levers? I'm thinking I'll probably just use my old odyssey mono lever

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 4:30 Quote
Quick question, if I change my 26 wheels to 24, will I it be much different? Theoretically all the angels remain the same.

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 5:31 Quote
SSBone wrote:
Quick question, if I change my 26 wheels to 24, will I it be much different? Theoretically all the angels remain the same.

Nooooo, don't do it. All the angles will be the same, but your bottom bracket height will be way too low.

Sorry o should've asked which frame. Some frames you could get away with it (maj park, Dartmoor quinnie, etc).but if your frame is aluminum your bb is probably already mad low.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036782
Mobile Version of Website