Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 15:35 Quote
Ya man fenders are for moto bikes or possible DH bikes haha

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 16:16 Quote

Just finished up my 2017 Void build. First bike from scratch and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Let me know what you guys think and I can provide specs if anyone cares. Also for all you guys running rear brakes on frames with no cable management, how do you secure the hose/cable? I just wrapped it a few times for now and put a cable tie up by the steerer tube. Beer

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 20:38 Quote
Upstatenoz wrote:

Just finished up my 2017 Void build. First bike from scratch and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Let me know what you guys think and I can provide specs if anyone cares. Also for all you guys running rear brakes on frames with no cable management, how do you secure the hose/cable? I just wrapped it a few times for now and put a cable tie up by the steerer tube. Beer
on a black frame just use electrical tape.

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 21:01 Quote
Electrical tape leaves the absolute worst residue.

These are great, i'm sure they're available at your local office goods store. they have all kinds of colours and they don't leave residue.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/velcro-brand-reusable-ties-5-pack-es25552

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 23:20 Quote
Stinky1138 wrote:

These are great, i'm sure they're available at your local office goods store. they have all kinds of colours and they don't leave residue.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/velcro-brand-reusable-ties-5-pack-es25552
dude those scuff your clothing up so bad. electrical tape and iso after you peel it off

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 2:31 Quote
Hey guys, first post here. I'm thinking about swapping out my frame to a steel one, simply because I can never be satisfied with the perfect bike. Anyone have any avenues I could research into for a street oriented frame?
Cheers from New Zealand

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 2:37 Quote
Do you want a tapered or straight steertube?

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 3:47 Quote
SoapMcRae wrote:
Hey guys, first post here. I'm thinking about swapping out my frame to a steel one, simply because I can never be satisfied with the perfect bike. Anyone have any avenues I could research into for a street oriented frame?
Cheers from New Zealand

Deity street sweeper . Have to find one used as they discontinued them.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
False wrote:
Stinky1138 wrote:

dude those scuff your clothing up so bad. electrical tape and iso after you peel it off

Perfect, good thinking. Electrical tape residue can't be any worse than the residue left from removing all the decals. A little goo gone/alcohol and bam.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 5:17 Quote
Upstatenoz wrote:

Are the void decals that come on the frame stickers you can take off or you paint the frame?

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 5:30 Quote
They are just stickers. Very annoying stickers. I used a heat gun to warm the glue then soaked them in goo gone for a few minutes before going at them with a rag. All in all pretty painless.

MattRagsdale wrote:
Upstatenoz wrote:

Are the void decals that come on the frame stickers you can take off or you paint the frame?

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 5:55 Quote
Good to know man thanks for the quick reply, i may pick one up then to replace my older Suburban frame thats like 6/7yr old

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 8:20 Quote
SoapMcRae wrote:
Cheers from New Zealand

I'd say look at Ordnance Bikes, but their site is down for upgrades. You might try connecting through Book face..

The street frame they build is amazing in every regard.. you can look through my profile pics to see mine if you like (the raw one)

I think Thomas would be stoked if he hasn't already sent one to NZ..

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
Do you want a tapered or straight steertube?

Tapered is supposed to be stronger

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 at 8:27 Quote
Upstatenoz wrote:

Also for all you guys running rear brakes on frames with no cable management, how do you secure the hose/cable? I just wrapped it a few times for now and put a cable tie up by the steerer tube. Beer

Just about any hardware has velcro ties in various sizes..

Old shoe laces work..lol

I use cable ties

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032036
Mobile Version of Website