Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 15:49 Quote
How do they compare to the chesters? I'm on old mg-1, and looking for new pedals, thinking plastic with metal pins

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 15:52 Quote
Chester is rad. Wahwah is larger platform, thinner, larger bearing, and lower Q-factor.

I don't have a set, currently running Deity Compound, but will be on some come summer. Considering replacing my Atlas pedals with them to test them out.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 15:55 Quote
Chester is a little bigger platform than the MG-1. Wahwah is more like the platform size of a Vault, without the price tag. Or the weight. But not the Vault MG/ti. That thing is baller. And priced accordingly.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 17:54 Quote
Neither of those are plastic with metal pins, just for relevance sake.

If we're talking metals, Atlas are hard to beat for platform feel, and while mine have been smooth and awesome with a little bit of work here and there, have heard problems with reliability.

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 17:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Neither of those are plastic with metal pins, just for relevance sake.

If we're talking metals, Atlas are hard to beat for platform feel, and while mine have been smooth and awesome with a little bit of work here and there, have heard problems with reliability.
I personally like the chromag contacts for metal, and chesters are great for plastic.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 19:06 Quote
the new chromag synth pedals look sweet

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 19:31 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:
thinking plastic with metal pins

Posted: Feb 13, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
I'm on NS Radiance and Deity Compounds, both great pedals. But I Think I like the Radiance a little more, the compound actually has too much grip with 510's. Might file down the pins a bit.

Those WahWahs look very tempting though...

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
Yeah I said F'it and just got the vaults again. Only thing is I won't ride them without shin guards lol... those pins would go to the white meat!

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 15:50 Quote
Yeah my wife has chesters and my brother has compounds, so I was interested in other options, I will check the thermalite sp, but I want sealed...probably arent.

My shins are bad from mg1 slip in the fall...wearing the shins now......

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 16:17 Quote
Meeners wrote:
Yeah I said F'it and just got the vaults again. Only thing is I won't ride them without shin guards lol... those pins would go to the white meat!

Your lucky you actually have meat there... I have the skeletor looking shins that are literally skin and bone. I always ride with shin pads.

Those Kona pedals are looking pretty damn nice! I would've never looked into them

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
26+ Dirt Jumper! Threw the Vaults on and Now 26"x2.8" Baby!

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
Meeners wrote:
26+ Dirt Jumper! Threw the Vaults on and Now 26"x2.8" Baby!

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo
I NEED THOSE! looks dope Drool

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
That's really nice. I didn't think a Pike would take a 2.8. Maybe not a chunkier, nobby 2.8 but those speedsters are pretty lo-pro. Cool idea.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047774
Mobile Version of Website