Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 17:46 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
Your front wheel looks a little burly for the build...

Come to think of it thats a very short wheelbase too! lol

I'm pretty sure thats a totally different bike, not the front wheel, haha

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 17:57 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Aren't XO's regarded as the most broken crankset ever?

They are decently light and cheap though compared to RF Carbon cranks

those were the older 10s generation of XO. they've changed the arms a bit since then.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 18:28 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

those were the older 10s generation of XO. they've changed the arms a bit since then.

I don’t think so many pros would be running them if they broke easily

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 18:45 Quote
j0302 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

I don't have any first hand exp with these cranks, but...
at about :55, Soderstrom goes into the Sram tent at some event (Les Gets?) last year. For a guy who had been retired from competition for quite some time by this point...I think it's bizarre they need to give him New forks, New cranks, and New bars. Doesn't really inspire me with confidence in their product.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 18:46 Quote
They don't have the best reputation, but I've run a set on my DH bike with no issues, and these were brand new and cheap.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 19:24 Quote
j0302 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Pro's run what they are paid to gtfo of here.

the first gen XO DH cranks broke all the f*ckin time. too the point where it was a friggen meme across all of PB at the time (like 2013 i think?)

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 19:47 Quote
Carbon cranks on DJ bikes is the f*cking jam. Love it. Always looks clean on a build! Wink

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 21:35 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Carbon cranks on DJ bikes is the f*cking jam. Love it. Always looks clean on a build! Wink

I've always wondered about cabon cranks.... But if ZenkiS14 from PB likes em then,
"Shut up and take my money"

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 22:50 Quote
j0302 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

I've seen this argument so much, but what people are forgetting is that sponsored riders are PAID to run certain products on their bikes.

Edit: I also ran X01 DH cranks on my Ticket S.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 22:58 Quote
seraph wrote:
j0302 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

I've seen this argument so much, but what people are forgetting is that sponsored riders are PAID to run certain products on their bikes.

But its not like sram doesn't make aluminum cranks. they still choose carbon

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 23:25 Quote
j0302 wrote:
seraph wrote:
j0302 wrote:

Sponsored riders would most likely be riding parts the sponsor wants them to. The whole deal with sponsorship is that you are an advertising platform for that company in hopes that other people will want to ride the same stuff as you. So it's highly likely that sram in this example are trying to sell more XO cranks, and honestly who doesn't like a bit of carbon..

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 1:19 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
j0302 wrote:
seraph wrote:

Sponsored riders would most likely be riding parts the sponsor wants them to. The whole deal with sponsorship is that you are an advertising platform for that company in hopes that other people will want to ride the same stuff as you. So it's highly likely that sram in this example are trying to sell more XO cranks, and honestly who doesn't like a bit of carbon..
they’re are still lots of complete dirt jumpers that come stock with aluminum sram cranks. Like their decendants are kind of marketed towards dirt jumping. Not saying xo cranks are the best or anything, just think it’s kinda odd that if xo cranks have durability problems, why are they so pupil at amongst everyone including pros when sram has another aluminum crank that they market towards dirt jumping. People like carbon I guess

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 2:33 Quote
j0302 wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
j0302 wrote:

they’re are still lots of complete dirt jumpers that come stock with aluminum sram cranks. Like their decendants are kind of marketed towards dirt jumping. Not saying xo cranks are the best or anything, just think it’s kinda odd that if xo cranks have durability problems, why are they so pupil at amongst everyone including pros when sram has another aluminum crank that they market towards dirt jumping. People like carbon I guess
marketing, and making money is srams main purpose. They advertise their most expensive product. The carbon cranks also look way better than the alu descendants. im not gonna lie, part of the reason why I bought my X0 eagle cranks are because they look dam good on my bike, and I think the alu descendants would make it look kinda crappy. semenuk rides it, genon, soderstroem, johannson, all of them ride it, the cranks look cool, they're somewhat light, and pretty strong. I will say srams marketing team is really good. way better than shimano's.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 5:15 Quote
Shimano puts all that money into making non explosive cranks

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 5:57 Quote
I broke my X0's too, Carbon is not an option on my jumpbike for me since that crash anymore.

BTW stop posting sexy Tickets, I'm not strong enough to withstand.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023283
Mobile Version of Website