Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
Ahhhh, hope the new version will be available soon. Cause I need a reason to build a second bike.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
I'm beside myself. I always make all this hoopla up about not being able to afford a slopestyle bike, but then I spend all types of money on making bikes that are more than 10 years old current. After totaling that all up it comes up to more money than I would have spent if I would have bought an expensive slopestyle in the first place. I digress...

I would like a full suspension jumper bike. That is all.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 11:53 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
Ahhhh, hope the new version will be available soon. Cause I need a reason to build a second bike.
i hope it comes out soon. I am gonna murder someone if it has boost spacong.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 11:54 Quote
Striker853 wrote:

hahhahhaha SAME

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 11:58 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
j0302 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:

those were the older 10s generation of XO. they've changed the arms a bit since then.

I don’t think so many pros would be running them if they broke easily

Pro's run what they are paid to gtfo of here.

the first gen XO DH cranks broke all the f*ckin time. too the point where it was a friggen meme across all of PB at the time (like 2013 i think?)

Alright thanks for clearing that up for me, I remember the meme and just assumed like an ass that they were still the same.

Kinda regretting my decision of not getting them now

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Striker853 wrote:
Have there been any plans of releasing it?

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
j0302 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Striker853 wrote:

No, they won’t be releasing it, spoke with Drew Bezanson about it last week and he told ms they don’t sell enough tickets for selling the new geo to be worthwhile.

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 18:44 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
j0302 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

No, they won’t be releasing it, spoke with Drew Bezanson about it last week and he told ms they don’t sell enough tickets for selling the new geo to be worthwhile.

Yea, I don't see Trek caring enough to make another one honestly. Which blows. But It'll be a sad day when it's totally gone.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 1:22 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
j0302 wrote:

Yea, I don't see Trek caring enough to make another one honestly. Which blows. But It'll be a sad day when it's totally gone.

They barely released it as it is. They've never cared enough to even change the color of the frame, despite showing off various pros' custom P1 color schemes.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 2:55 Quote
The "old" geo is anyway pretty much in point for me, I just need a hardtail for most local spots. Maybe if I have some money I buy a new frame and build it up over a year.

But you are right, the frame is from 2014 and there is really no difference between a one day and a 4years old frame.

But Specialized is even worse, they don't sell the p.3 in Europe anymore. And the P.3 ist one of the most popular frames here. A used 2014 in good condition ist around 300-350€. Don't understand these decisions.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 3:42 Quote
You're talking about slopestyle bikes and I just remembered about Nukeproof Rook SS. Why they didn't continue it? As I look now, I really like how it looks, the black with yellow.

photo

Also, I wanna know, how Ticket S feels for taller people? I'm 1,90m (6.2 ft I guess??), just would like to know how is it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 4:29 Quote
Slope/DJ bikes just don't make money for big companies, Giant stopped making the STP in 2014(?) as a complete as they sold something crazy like 50 bikes worldwide.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
Some brands that grow beacause of dj bikes like ns-bikes or dartmoor are also slowy going away from their roots to more mainstream bikes. While other companies like green bycicle, beddo, morpheus or other take that place. I afraid that the dirt jump market could ever disapeared… imagine a world of only 29 electrics enduro bikes. (Sad)

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 5:04 Quote
Yeah, that would be sad world. I only have my dirt jumper and I do everything with it, DH, commute, some summer morning forest rides, climbs pretty well uphill too, jumping, just everything. Also don't get e-bike stuff, it sounds cool for me only if elderly people or those who can't ride normal bikes ride them, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Did a bit of snow riding today. Waiting for more snow

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.055369
Mobile Version of Website