Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 3, 2018 at 19:19 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
Nah IXS is trash, I've broken like 17 of their helmets and like 69 of their gloves. Don't let them hook you up

lmao you're still butthurt about the morpheus thing i guess

Yes i am angered

i can't change what happened, i wish the whole situation had never happened but it's not worth being upset over, they did me wrong multiple times so i can't apologize for my part in the ordeal. Honestly you shouldn't care about it, you're not on their payroll or even affiliated with the company.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 20:06 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
Anyone here ever use IXS knee pads? IXS is gonna hook me up with some stuff but i need people’s opinions as to which knee pads are the best for DJ/slope use (good protection but will fit under skinny pants)

Get the IXS Flows for light-medium riding. So cool and light, you won't remember you're wearing them. IXS Carves for medium-hd gnar.

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 20:49 Quote
kwapik wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
Anyone here ever use IXS knee pads? IXS is gonna hook me up with some stuff but i need people’s opinions as to which knee pads are the best for DJ/slope use (good protection but will fit under skinny pants)

Get the IXS Flows for light-medium riding. So cool and light, you won't remember you're wearing them. IXS Carves for medium-hd gnar.

I was gonna go with the carves, I definitely will now. Thank you!

Posted: May 3, 2018 at 22:56 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
Nah IXS is trash, I've broken like 17 of their helmets and like 69 of their gloves. Don't let them hook you up

Yes i am angered
what happened with morpheus?

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 6:36 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:

Yes i am angered
what happened with morpheus?

Long story and honestly I’m tired of telling it but here’s the short version-

My friends a I broke a few of their frames and posted some photos of the snapped frames and the company got super pissed at us and acted like children calling us names and talking bad about us, they will also deny that we broke their frames and didn’t completely honor their warranty program.

Facts-
I’ve seen 2 vslopes in person and both snapped within 6 months of original purchase

I’ve owned 2 Vimana frames, I bent one and broke a set of dropouts (I bent the frame within the 2 year warranty period and they didn’t give me a warranty)

My friend snapped 2 sets of dropouts in the 6 months before his Vslope snapped clean in half, and Morpheus made him pay full price for the replacements.

Oh, and Morpheus literally threatened to sue us for slander because we said their frame are bad lmao

Chad at Morpheus has talked shit on myself and my friends on social media on multiple occasions, we had been long time customers and I don’t think this is a professional way to deal with us.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
Got any photos of the damage? Might be worth sharing.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 15:27 Quote
I know you're telling the truth because I remember you talking about your dropouts bending. I'm not gonna defend Morpheus because I manage customer service or rather 'the customer experience's on a fairly large scale and honestly think this is atrocious behaviour for a company.

As an independent reviewer though, I should say, I've had nothing but good Morpheus experiences. I've emailed them and they get right back to me. My Vimana has been built four different ways (long short dropouts, with/without gears) and it's still feels as obscenely stiff as my first day on it.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 15:29 Quote
Double post, sorry. I'm pointing out that their customer service must have gone downhill since years ago, and I'm skeptical of my frame now after hearing this. Still have my majesty, though, so it doesn't matter.

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 19:09 Quote
I'm guessing something's goin on at Morpheus. I dont claim to have my finger on the pulse, but they picked up Adam Hauck for what seemed like a month and Ive just seen him riding BMX for a while now. Just went and looked and there's no mention or pics of Morpheus on any of his media. Seems like it didn't end well.
Shrugs..

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Got any photos of the damage? Might be worth sharing.

Yeah I’ll post a snapped in half Vslope

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
Morpheus Vslope snapped at the shock mount weld.

So this was the worst one, the shock mount weld snapped clean in half and this frame was less than 6 months old, I can get photos of the others but it’ll take some digging.

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 13:59 Quote
Thanks for that one. Absolutely struggling to imagine how that could have broken and NOT have been a defect. That's pretty raunchy.

Posted: May 5, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Thanks for that one. Absolutely struggling to imagine how that could have broken and NOT have been a defect. That's pretty raunchy.

It was a defect, the weld was filled with air bubbles that couldn’t be seen until it snapped, obviously not welded properly.

Same with the weld inside the other vslope that snapped

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 0:51 Quote
Yeah I remember you showing all the pics in the FB group, been checking mine after every ride ever since. But I guess luckily/sadly, hahaa, I don't ride like I used too so hopefully it lasts.

Posted: May 6, 2018 at 2:40 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/15848322/

Green bikes scope 2017

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048574
Mobile Version of Website