Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 0:40 Quote
anyone have any idea what this frame is? i got it with a load of gusset branded parts on i.e bars, headset, seat clamp
but cant work out what the frame is. any help would be appreciated
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 3:23 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:
anyone have any idea what this frame is? i got it with a load of gusset branded parts on i.e bars, headset, seat clamp
photo
photo
photo
photo

If it's all gusset parts i'd suggest its an identiti p60 or p66

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 6:10 Quote
yeah i had looked at those but they seem to have weird removeable drop outs as far as i can see

mtbtyrrell wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 6:17 Quote
scrap my last comment, only the p60 has the weird adjustable brake mount things, looks to be a p66!

cheers
bigquotesmtbtyrrell

dtayl12 wrote:
yeah i had looked at those but they seem to have weird removeable drop outs as far as i can see

mtbtyrrell wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
Looks like a norco frame

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 11:52 Quote
Mystery solved, its an identiti p60

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 19:11 Quote
photo

Took the front brake off just after taking this pic.
I can do suicides on my downhill bike which has a higher seat but I'm trying to learn suicides on this bike right now. Finding it hard to pinch this saddle cause its a lot lower than I'm used to (I have long legs so the saddle is quite far below and behind my knees). Any tips for either adjusting the saddle position or just nailing the trick in general?

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:42 Quote
Does any one use a DJ bike to commute/pedal with as well as jump? I want to build up a DJ bike but it has to be my daily commuter too so i need gears and a long seat post. My ride to work is all DH so i can gets lots of play time/jumps on urban features and hit the Jump park on the way home but only after a big ass steep climb. Im an old dude so i need a seat and gears. Does any one else have gears and long seat post on the DJ Bike? if so can you give any feedback and post pics please? does it look odd? does it work? Im keen to order an Octane One Zircus and build it up as stated. I love DJ bikes, they are a thing of beauty to me.

Any feed back and pics especially will help.

Cheers
kev

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:47 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:
Does any one use a DJ bike to commute/pedal with as well as jump? I want to build up a DJ bike but it has to be my daily commuter too so i need gears and a long seat post. My ride to work is all DH so i can gets lots of play time/jumps on urban features and hit the Jump park on the way home but only after a big ass steep climb. Im an old dude so i need a seat and gears. Does any one else have gears and long seat post on the DJ Bike? if so can you give any feedback and post pics please? does it look odd? does it work? Im keen to order an Octane One Zircus and build it up as stated. I love DJ bikes, they are a thing of beauty to me.

Cheers
kev

I've done that before with a 200mm dropper post. It works, but the cockpit can be a little tight vs a trail bike. Since that bike has no internal dropper routing you would have to drill a hole in the seat tube or just carry 2 post / seat combos. I've since converted that bike back to strictly jump duties but I ordered a custom geo ti frame a few weeks ago with drilled seatpost tube which will pretty much be that same kind of setup, plan is to use it for trials riding and general messing around while still being able to pedal it places with a 200mm dropper.

I also did that a long time ago with a ticket s and modified RASE black mamba 9" dropper post. That setup worked really well but the dropper was loud and clunky. Even with a long dropper the low setting you cant quite slam it, although its out of the way enough for jumps.

Ticket s play bike seatpost down
Ticket s play bike seatpost up works great for xc.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
rfrench wrote:
photo

I can do suicides on my downhill bike which has a higher seat but I'm trying to learn suicides on this bike right now. Finding it hard to pinch this saddle cause its a lot lower than I'm used to (I have long legs so the saddle is quite far below and behind my knees). Any tips for either adjusting the saddle position or just nailing the trick in general?

You gotta get the saddle raised up so you can pinch it with your long lanky legs. There should be a sweet spot where your saddle is pinchable, but the same time doesn't get in your way.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 18:45 Quote
kwp2011 wrote:

Cheers
kev

I used to commute a little bit on a Giant STP with 2x8 gears, but the seat all the way up still wasnt high enough to keep from hurting my knees.

My current Chromag has a 375mm seatpost that I put up occasionally if Im riding a longer distance, but it still isnt high enough to pedal and it def looks silly.
photo

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:08 Quote
Stout bikes Titanium jumpy trail bike
SS AM whip

You have got to hit the sweet spot for a seat tube length. My Ti bike is 14" and is too low (for full leg extension)and the Black bike is 16.7" (center of BB to top of seat tube) and was about an inch too high with the dropper slammed. It does well on big MTB jumps but for the BMX/steep jumps it requires a rigid post to go low enough.

So, for a DJ bike with a dropper: my ideal seat tube center-to-top length would be 15.5" (~395mm) and I'm 6'2" / 188 cm, 240 lbs (960 quarter pounder with cheeses)

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 22:30 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
rfrench wrote:
photo

You gotta get the saddle raised up so you can pinch it with your long lanky legs. There should be a sweet spot where your saddle is pinchable, but the same time doesn't get in your way.
The point where it prinches should be right about at the level that your knee caps are at. just ridew the bike and do standing suicides where you just stand on the bike while its riding on the ground and stay on the bike by pinching the seat. suicides are tricks that click one day. you just need to know how to pinch, and when to throw it.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 3:09 Quote
arphia wrote:
kwp2011 wrote:

Cheers
kev

I used to commute a little bit on a Giant STP with 2x8 gears, but the seat all the way up still wasnt high enough to keep from hurting my knees.

My current Chromag has a 375mm seatpost that I put up occasionally if Im riding a longer distance, but it still isnt high enough to pedal and it def looks silly.
photo

Do you have a small or large?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.052769
Mobile Version of Website