Posted: Sep 13, 2018 at 17:22 Quote
Cheers man
Aye it's getting a trim next time I'm at work

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Aww that's a nasty break. Hope it all heals back to normal for her. Salute

I have got to ask two things though...

How are the tendons and everything inside her arm?
How did she go down? It looks like just a small rip in the yard, good place to have a bad crash. I'm glad it wasn't In the trails

yea, I'm glad it wasnt on trails too, being stuck down in some deep valley would have been f*cking awful. She wouldnt have been ready for that anyways. She was just riding around my buddies farm in the front/side yard of his house

We THINK that the tendons and parts inside her arm are ok, and expect a full recovery eventually, but we'll know more once the stitches come out and she starts physical therapy.

She had never ridden a full size 2-stroke bike before, and was on my KTM 200 2 stroke woods bike, and turned the bars to turn around the front of a barn, and her hand pulled on the throttle which immediately ripped into power band (1st gear), and slammed promptly into the barn. It was every YouTube video you ever saw with someone getting whiskey throttle on a bike for the first time. It sucked to watch. I'm thankful it wasnt worse Frown I should have never let her ride it. She's like 5'4" and 120lbs, and a total beginner on a motorcycyle (she rides quads and drives a stick shift, but has little to no experience with a twist throttle), so she had no business being on my bike. I shouldnt have let her ride it, but shes so damn good at everything else she does thats semi related lol

Ahh that happens to a lot of people first time dirtbiking especially on two strokes.. Don't beat yourself up, she seems like she would be able to ride the moto but sometimes shit happens

Nice work converting the yari, keep us posted how it works.

Posted: Sep 15, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
I dont need more than a 50cc to tell me to stay away from a twist throttle lol put me in alll the wrong places

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 12:51 Quote
Right I'm really stoked on this Yari. Going to keep it short as I can but I could write several pages on it and I haven't even ridden the damn thing yet.

My main worry was the big negative chamber making them too soft. Lowering them with spacers must have cut off the check valve for it which is handy. I only need 75psi to make them super firm. I weigh 75kgs and I get about 1mm of sag. Would be perfect for a heavier rider as you don't need as much pressure. Still nice and smooth though.
I did need a few more clicks of rebound damping to stop it topping out but it was pretty minor. Maybe I'll try tinkering with a better top out bumper or heavier oil for the rebound.

I also can share spares between this and the Yari on my enduro which is neat! I've also ordered an axle sleeve to fit my 20mm wheel so should be able to ride it in a week.

@ZenkiS14 that break is scary. I did my collarbone and shoulder blade in a month ago and it's nothing compared to that. That is f*cking gnar, really hope she's ok!

Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 15:13 Quote
Thanks dudes, yea, she's tough, but even this has been rough on her.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 15:45 Quote
I think this is just about finished, except I might put a polished Profile Flywheel / titanium Profile Imperial on it...

Brooklyn Machine Works Park Bike, shinburger pedals, bar ends.
Marzocchi Z1 Duals
Profile SS MTB hubs, cranks, HIP stem, sprocket
NS District bars
Chris King headset
Hope Mini brake

Brooklyn Machine Works Park Bike

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
Dude! Those pedals are brutal

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
wowowowow I love that bike.

Posted: Sep 18, 2018 at 23:45 Quote
How do you end up getting off the bike with those pedals when you've finished riding?

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 13:48 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:
How do you end up getting off the bike with those pedals when you've finished riding?

Untie your shoes

Posted: Sep 19, 2018 at 16:34 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:

Very carefully

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.076013
Mobile Version of Website