Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 10:44 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
You won't be able to go below a 30t with those cranks.
I picked up some SRAM direct mount cranks on eBay pretty cheap. You can get 26t rings for them.

Why couldn't I? It has 64mm and 104mm bcd's, so I guess I can. At least I think I can. And it more looks like I need get 28t chainring.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 12:46 Quote
Running it on the granny Mount will give you a wack chainline. Just saying, it'll probably work, but most likely will be very hard to dial in, especially if you have a SS-dedicated hub.

(Granny gear runs closer to the seat tube, by anywhere from a cm to an inch, so your chain will run fairly diagonal unless you do some wacky BB spacing macguyvery)

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 13:45 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Running it on the granny Mount will give you a wack chainline. Just saying, it'll probably work, but most likely will be very hard to dial in, especially if you have a SS-dedicated hub.

(Granny gear runs closer to the seat tube, by anywhere from a cm to an inch, so your chain will run fairly diagonal unless you do some wacky BB spacing macguyvery)

Actually it's running diagonal now with 32t ring, and it looks like it need to be more to seat tube, and on 64mm bcd it looks like it would be perfect. I could take some pics at weekend, when i'm home from school, then you would see how it is. Chain isn't straight now, that's what i'm trying to say Big Grin

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 14:23 Quote
Ah didn't realise you have the small tabs too. A couple of spacers behind your BB cup might help things

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
hydrasports wrote:
just picked up this dirt jumper. been riding xc for 5 years now changing it up
Also can any of you identify the brand of this frame? ive been searching but I cannot find it. Previous owner had no idea what brand it is.
photo

Looking at this it seems like it's like a small norco Bigfoot or Sasquatch from like the mid 2000s.

Something like some sort of free ride hardtail.

still cant figure it out. The rear dropouts remind me of a cove but still cannot find a single bike with the cutouts behind the crank

photo

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 20:17 Quote
That cutout in the dropout looks like a Planet X Jack Flash frame.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 21:04 Quote
hydrasports wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
hydrasports wrote:
just picked up this dirt jumper. been riding xc for 5 years now changing it up
Also can any of you identify the brand of this frame? ive been searching but I cannot find it. Previous owner had no idea what brand it is.
photo

Looking at this it seems like it's like a small norco Bigfoot or Sasquatch from like the mid 2000s.

still cant figure it out. The rear dropouts remind me of a cove but still cannot find a single bike with the cutouts behind the crank

photo

Kona Cowan?

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
I'm new getting into DJ's but I rode BMX for over 40 years and the majority of the frames I've owned were stamped on the bottom of the bb. Not all of my frames but a lot of them would have either the brand and serial number or make and serial number. Is this not the case with MTB's?

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
I started to ride my bike more again, couldn't do it because of school now and that I moved to other city and don't have any jumps now (gonna dig and build some). Starting to think about chainring sizes, what would you suggest the best? I have SAINT M800 cranks and want to put smaller chainring on, I like 32T because it trained my legs so much, as I feel that they are stronger, but also it doesn't feel right while riding now. So I have 10T driver in the back and don't know which chainring I want to use in front, 26T or 28T? Which would you suggest? Don't want any smaller because I ride with my bike everywhere, that's why I mostly had 32T.

Also just for some pic, here is a pic of me with my bike.

Anywhay, thanks a lot! Smile
Me with my bike

https://usamade.myshopify.com/collections/sharktooth-pro-104-bcd-integrated-guard

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 14:09 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
I'm new getting into DJ's but I rode BMX for over 40 years and the majority of the frames I've owned were stamped on the bottom of the bb. Not all of my frames but a lot of them would have either the brand and serial number or make and serial number. Is this not the case with MTB's?

There's usually a serial number there but no brand.

So he probably has a serial number but still unsure who made the bike.

Usually we are pretty good at figuring it out... Maybe it's a homemade frame or from a small company that does custom geo.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 18:18 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
I started to ride my bike more again, couldn't do it because of school now and that I moved to other city and don't have any jumps now (gonna dig and build some). Starting to think about chainring sizes, what would you suggest the best? I have SAINT M800 cranks and want to put smaller chainring on, I like 32T because it trained my legs so much, as I feel that they are stronger, but also it doesn't feel right while riding now. So I have 10T driver in the back and don't know which chainring I want to use in front, 26T or 28T? Which would you suggest? Don't want any smaller because I ride with my bike everywhere, that's why I mostly had 32T.

Also just for some pic, here is a pic of me with my bike.

Anywhay, thanks a lot! Smile
Me with my bike
32 by 10 is brutal. I used to run 32 by 12 and that would be the highest id ever run.

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
Swt up for pump track and BMX track this weekend

Set up for Pump Track and Jumps this weekend

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
AntN wrote:
hydrasports wrote:
zmcycle wrote:

photo

Kona Cowan?
After hours of searching, i found it. Its an original SE flyer Dj

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
Yeah seems to be a 2009 SE Racing Filth Flyer

Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
Evil Faction II
New Evil Faction build. I'll get a better picture once I get the fork decals off.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034524
Mobile Version of Website