Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 17:43 Quote
aaronofGROOVE wrote:
Finished.

Man that is really nice! Transitioning from BMX to a DJ, so this will be my first 26" build. What did that cost to build if you don't mind me asking? Trying to build something for around $1500 or less if possible.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 1:25 Quote
aaronofGROOVE wrote:
Finished.

awesome looking bike!

Anyone have any ideas where i can this saddle/seatpost in the uk? all results i can find on google are for us sites.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
[Quote="dtayl12"]
aaronofGROOVE wrote:
awesome looking bike!

Anyone have any ideas where i can this saddle/seatpost in the uk? all results i can find on google are for us sites.
Not sure. I would have thought Deity ships to the UK?

[Quote="BigDaddyRatt"]
aaronofGROOVE wrote:
Man that is really nice! Transitioning from BMX to a DJ, so this will be my first 26" build. What did that cost to build if you don't mind me asking? Trying to build something for around $1500 or less if possible.
I'm right around the $2000 mark with this build. $1500 should be doable if you can find a little cheaper frame and cut cost on some of the other components.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
I swapped my BMX for this a couple of days ago. It’s a 2017 NS Metropolis 1. Got a good deal as it’s got a Barely used Rockshox Argyle RC fork, Hope Pro4 trials rear hub, and a Hope Pro4 front hub. It’s also got Vocal 48 spline BMX cranks, a Renthal 28t chainring and I’ve thrown on a set of barely used DMR V12 pedals. Glad to be back on big wheels after a 4 year exile to BMX! tup

NS Metropolis 1 custom.

Posted: Nov 10, 2018 at 15:39 Quote
I picked up the 2008 Specialized P2 off local listings and rode it for a bit until I noticed a huge crack in the seatstay weld. I put some JB weld epoxy on the crack and rode it as my campus commuter only until I was able to pick up this Octane One Zircus frame off CRC. I transferred most of the parts over and changed the handlebar, chain, and pedals and I think it's a huge improvement!

Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 19:12 Quote
mistermtb wrote:
I picked up the 2008 Specialized P2 off local listings and rode it for a bit until I noticed a huge crack in the seatstay weld. I put some JB weld epoxy on the crack and rode it as my campus commuter only until I was able to pick up this Octane One Zircus frame off CRC. I transferred most of the parts over and changed the handlebar, chain, and pedals and I think it's a huge improvement!

Nice that's my old bike 2010 P3. Sorry I didn't see any cracks when I sold it.

Posted: Nov 14, 2018 at 19:45 Quote
No sweat, I doubt it was cracked when I bought it because I don't think it would have survived the thrashing I gave it before I noticed the crack! Plus the new frame is a big upgrade and I was able to swap all the parts over

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
Real talk, does anyone actually have a NS Majesty Dirt with a tapered head tube?

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 7:30 Quote
Just picked myself up a cheap steel dirt jump bike as we have a new pump track opening very close to my house and my enduro bike would be overkill but I've no idea what the frame is as its been resprayed at some point in its life.

does anyone recognise the shape at all ? It doesn't really matter but it would be nice to know as the previous owner didn't have a clue either .

I think it's pretty old due to the cantilever rear brake (has disc mount too) . Any helps appreciated . I thought with all the knowledge here someone might be able to shed some light on it

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 8:55 Quote
The geometry and dropout reminds me of a DMR. Those are some loooooooooooong chainstays! What size wheels are those?

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
26in wheels,i just measured the chainstays and they are 425mm so pretty bloody long for a dirt jump bike. Tbh I hadn't noticed them as i was only after a cheap pump track /dual slalom bike I've no intention of dirt jumping on it hence the massive wide bars lol. I could slam the wheel forward a bit I reckon

The forks are DMR trailblades and I removed a white DMR wingbar from it so DMR is a good shout there are lots of DMRs that look very similer but I've not found one the same yet .it looks alot like an old dmr drone 26 or dmr transition 26 but it hasn't got gussets near the headtube most of the DMRs have.

Edit.. just looked at some old dmr drone26s and they had the same stem and wingbar this bike had when I bought it???? so it's looking more and more likely its a DMR

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 15:10 Quote
Looks like it could be a DMR Drone. The only thing that’s throwing me off slightly is the disc brake mount.

Also there’s plenty of room to slam that wheel. Could easily lose a couple of links out of that chain.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 17:09 Quote
TheLou94 wrote:
Also there’s plenty of room to slam that wheel. Could easily lose a couple of links out of that chain.

This

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 21:29 Quote
So who's gonna tell him

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027844
Mobile Version of Website