Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 23:53 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
So who's gonna tell him
if you were refering to me, I thought the post was funny because the ad said ready to ride, and forks are bent beyond belief. just click on the link and look at it.

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 0:17 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
So who's gonna tell him
if you were refering to me, I thought the post was funny because the ad said ready to ride, and forks are bent beyond belief. just click on the link and look at it.

Pretty certain he was referring to the owner of the seller...

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 3:37 Quote
Fazeless wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
So who's gonna tell him

Pretty certain he was referring to the owner of the seller...

This one lol, nah if you were trying to sell that then we have bigger problems here hahaha

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 6:01 Quote
Built this up recently for pump track and park duties

photo

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
TheLou94 wrote:
Looks like it could be a DMR Drone. The only thing that’s throwing me off slightly is the disc brake mount.

Also there’s plenty of room to slam that wheel. Could easily lose a couple of links out of that chain.

Thanks I will be adjusting it asap . I've emailed dmr to see if they can confirm its one of there bikes

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
Send them the serial.number that's stamped on the bb

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
Love that cove.

Well I love all coves I guess.

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 4:45 Quote
theraggyone wrote:
Just picked myself up a cheap steel dirt jump bike as we have a new pump track opening very close to my house and my enduro bike would be overkill but I've no idea what the frame is as its been resprayed at some point in its life.

does anyone recognise the shape at all ? It doesn't really matter but it would be nice to know as the previous owner didn't have a clue either .

I think it's pretty old due to the cantilever rear brake (has disc mount too) . Any helps appreciated . I thought with all the knowledge here someone might be able to shed some light on it

photo

photo

99% sure It is not a DMR, they have a brace from the headtube to the downtube on the underside, looking at it, is it running an old style US bottom bracket? If so my money is on something like an older Identiti perhaps?

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 5:28 Quote
unfortunately ive no idea what bottom bracket its running , i did email DMR and they are pretty sure its a drone 26 but wont commit 100% to it without checking the serial number.

i thought the same about the gusset , ive been looking at a lot of images of various drones but they all seemed to have this gusset on the underside near the head-tube. i have actually just found one image of a drone 24 without the gusset, so its possible there were a limited amount at some point that didn't have it, everything else seems to match up as a drone .

im going to send the serial number to DMR later after work . heres a picture with the original bars and stem fitted they definitely look like DMR. whatever it is it was great fun on the pump track yesterday

photo

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 6:39 Quote
I'm 99% sure it's a DMR.

I can't work out what model or year though. Would probably be a drone from 2005-9 somewhere or a transition from before that.

What's throwing me off is that almost every bike DMR makes has a gusset under the head tube and yours doesn't seem to.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 16:36 Quote
J-RoK wrote:
Built this up recently for pump track and park duties
Beauty! i loved my Cove frame , unfortunately i bought mine used and it came with a smallish dent in the downtube which eventually turned into a massive crack Frown
photo

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 22:50 Quote
I was gonna say Norco 250 from way back. Looks extremely similar to my 2005 250. Even having brake plus rim mounts.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 11:31 Quote
Not sure if anyone is interested...but I just got confirmation from Airborne that the 19' Skyhawk DJ will be blacked out. They would not, at this time, confirm or deny some of the upgrades or slight price point increase that I've heard. Looks like a pretty nice ride for the price and the factory is only an hour away from me, so I can try before I buy!

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
SSBone wrote:
cheezitsprocket wrote:
SSBone wrote:
Hi guys, I bought a Dartmoor Hornet L and after that I wasn't able to ride my Evil Faction L (the first Faction was M L and XL so basically it's an M) due to the fact that it feels very small. I am 6`4“.

Do you have any suggestions of dirt jumper frames with long reach?

I already have the latest Two6Player and PBJ in mind, but I am looking for other alternatives.

Thanks!

Im 6'3 and ns cap with 22"TT feels great but my friend rides a blkmrkt with a 23"TT i think its the lil monster it feels perfect. We both ride higher bars tho

The Blkmrkt Edit1 is very customizable and has a XXXL version with a 130 headtube instead of 115 mm, looks large enough.

Also I already have an Argyle RC, 26" wheels, BMX cranks with euro BB and a disc brake.

Thanks!

I wouldn't count on the Edit1, pretty sure black market went out of business.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.056532
Mobile Version of Website