Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
SSBone wrote:
cheezitsprocket wrote:
SSBone wrote:
Hi guys, I bought a Dartmoor Hornet L and after that I wasn't able to ride my Evil Faction L (the first Faction was M L and XL so basically it's an M) due to the fact that it feels very small. I am 6`4“.

Do you have any suggestions of dirt jumper frames with long reach?

I already have the latest Two6Player and PBJ in mind, but I am looking for other alternatives.

Thanks!

Im 6'3 and ns cap with 22"TT feels great but my friend rides a blkmrkt with a 23"TT i think its the lil monster it feels perfect. We both ride higher bars tho

The Blkmrkt Edit1 is very customizable and has a XXXL version with a 130 headtube instead of 115 mm, looks large enough.

Also I already have an Argyle RC, 26" wheels, BMX cranks with euro BB and a disc brake.

Thanks!

I wouldn't count on the Edit1, pretty sure black market went out of business.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
Cmorash wrote:
SSBone wrote:
cheezitsprocket wrote:

Im 6'3 and ns cap with 22"TT feels great but my friend rides a blkmrkt with a 23"TT i think its the lil monster it feels perfect. We both ride higher bars tho

The Blkmrkt Edit1 is very customizable and has a XXXL version with a 130 headtube instead of 115 mm, looks large enough.

Also I already have an Argyle RC, 26" wheels, BMX cranks with euro BB and a disc brake.

Thanks!

I think I will go for a Two6Player, it's relatively easy to find one in my country and I already rode one and feels good.

This also helps my decision:
jakepfander28 wrote:

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 11:48 Quote
jakepfander28 wrote:

Fark that is a nice rig!

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 20:16 Quote
Cmorash wrote:

Black Market Bikes still in business

http://blackmarketbikes.com

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
Minx20 wrote:
Cmorash wrote:

From what I've heard they dont reply to emails or answer phones. Plus I couldn't add my "custom" edit1 to my cart after selecting the options given.

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
BSal wrote:
Minx20 wrote:
Cmorash wrote:

From what I've heard they dont reply to emails or answer phones. Plus I couldn't add my "custom" edit1 to my cart after selecting the options given.

It takes a bit sometimes, but they answer emails. I'm pretty sure its the owner Carter who handles all the emails still too.

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
BSal wrote:
Minx20 wrote:

It takes a bit sometimes, but they answer emails. I'm pretty sure its the owner Carter who handles all the emails still too.

Yeah good luck getting a hold of them or trying to order something from their website. Both myself and my lbs tried contacting them through email, Facebook, and Instagram about dropouts for my roam frame. Zero replies.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 0:41 Quote
My bike:
Frame: Dartmoor 26 Player Long 2017 Scout Green
Fork: Marzoochi 55 CR Slope
Headsets: Dartmoor BLINK
Stem: Octane One Chemical Pro 40mm 31.8mm (Custom Ti Bolts)
Handlebar: Renthal Fatbar V2 Black 2018 40mm, 730mm
Bar grips: Dartmoor Block
Seatpost: Dartmoor FUSION
Seat clamp: Dartmoor RING
Saddle: Odyssey Principal Pivotal
BB: Dartmoor EURO Pro BB
Cranks: Pride Street Crank 19mm
Chainring: Dartmoor Star 23T
Pedals: Eclat Search
Chain: BSD HALFLINK
Brakes: Avid Eixir 7
Rotor: Avid G3 160mm
Front wheel:
Rim: Dartmoor Rider
Hub: NS-Bikes Roller Simple 20mm
Spokes: Pillar PSR14
Nipples: Mach1 2х14mm
Rim type: Continental
Tybe: Maxxis
Tyre: Kenda Small Block 8
Rear wheel:
Rim: Dartmoor Rider
Hub: Dartmoor Revolt Pro 2013 9Т (Custom Ti Bolts)
Spokes: Pillar PSR14
Nipples: Mach1 2х14mm
Rim type: Continental
Tybe: Maxxis
Tyre: Kenda Small Block 8

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
lifeondirt wrote:
My bike:

You have good taste in frames, frame color and fork my friend, hahaa....

School hits on the T6P

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:12 Quote
Are most of you guys running 50mm stems on the dj bikes? I have one on my bike and reach feels good but bike turns so awkward

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:23 Quote
gtang31 wrote:
Are most of you guys running 50mm stems on the dj bikes? I have one on my bike and reach feels good but bike turns so awkward

40mm on mine. Mostly makes a difference if you got long arms. 35mm length was pretty popular with Deity and NS bikes and such.

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 13:19 Quote
So I've always run master links on my chains, but my friend runs a quick link on his dh bike, i love how simple they are no hassle and easy to swap, thing is i can't find any "single speed" quick links, does anyone run quick links on their dirt jumpers?? if so will a 6-8 speed quick link work for a single speed dj?

Posted: Dec 7, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
So I've always run master links on my chains, but my friend runs a quick link on his dh bike, i love how simple they are no hassle and easy to swap, thing is i can't find any "single speed" quick links, does anyone run quick links on their dirt jumpers?? if so will a 6-8 speed quick link work for a single speed dj?

Take a look at Sram PC1 Chain. its a little bit of an odd quick link, but that chain lasted me 3 or 4 times for more than a year each.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017675
Mobile Version of Website