Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
photo

New wheels on the imperial Smile

Those pedals look like they’d leave a void in your shins.

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
That’s why I got them Wink

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 23:38 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Waste of money imo
I like when things look good tho aha

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 9:02 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
tulipanek wrote:
I just want to leave it here for fun. Just went full XC haha !!! The seatpost is already cut to about 150mm of length, but the ogirinal was 400mm long !!! BBB BSP-20 SkyScraper‎ 25.4mm
Just for fun now I can go full XC haha BBB BSP-20 SkyScraper 25.4mm 400mm

Never go full XC.. lol

Your frame hates you

Ha one of my friends that is mainly a BMXer and got a DH bike does that too, his scott voltage has a bend in the seat tube so wouldn't work with a dropper so he just brings two seatposts and puts the one he isnt using in his backpack. Most of the good trails here are all uphill then all downhill without much rolling terrain so it works out.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Waste of money imo
if its alum raw it

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 22:41 Quote
False wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Waste of money imo
if its alum raw it
I thought about it but my bikes not aluminum sadly.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 22:43 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
I'm thinking about painting my bike! I just wondering do u guys know what the ball park price would be to powder coat pretty much my whole bike

Go to Alta or there's one in Leduc as well. Ballpark probably 200$ including media blasting. I'd say it's worth if you have a good frame, no point wasting money on an older frame but it definitely personalizes it more.
I currently riding a 2016 norco one25. It had one season on it before I bought it. The frame looks solid. I would love to party paint splatter the whole bike but still debating it

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 22:50 Quote
I have a full cromo bmx and it has been raw for 8 months now once the initial orange layer settles in you don't have to worry, you'll snap it or chsnge it waaaaaay before it rusts through

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 23:55 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
ImMattWard wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
I'm thinking about painting my bike! I just wondering do u guys know what the ball park price would be to powder coat pretty much my whole bike

Go to Alta or there's one in Leduc as well. Ballpark probably 200$ including media blasting. I'd say it's worth if you have a good frame, no point wasting money on an older frame but it definitely personalizes it more.
I currently riding a 2016 norco one25. It had one season on it before I bought it. The frame looks solid. I would love to party paint splatter the whole bike but still debating it
you should plastidip it, so you can still keep the resale value and also change your mind afterward.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 1:06 Quote
I found a photo of my old bike
photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 5:34 Quote
Life on dirt, nice job getting on the podium with the dirtjump bike. You shred Salute

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 9:29 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I have a full cromo bmx and it has been raw for 8 months now once the initial orange layer settles in you don't have to worry, you'll snap it or chsnge it waaaaaay before it rusts through

My raw DJ has been good for the last 5yrs with a coat or 2 of WD40 per year.. spring and fall usually. Some rust started where my body touches but otherwise

photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 15:28 Quote
False wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
ImMattWard wrote:

I never even thought of that. Would probably be cheaper too. Thanks for the great ideas!
you should plastidip it, so you can still keep the resale value and also change your mind afterward.

Posted: Dec 18, 2018 at 15:30 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
jespinal wrote:

My raw DJ has been good for the last 5yrs with a coat or 2 of WD40 per year.. spring and fall usually. Some rust started where my body touches but otherwise

photo
How did u sand it down? I wanna go raw but I dont want the rust... I've been told just keep it clear coated. Re coat every few months. But I dont know

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 0:35 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
How did u sand it down? I wanna go raw but I dont want the rust... I've been told just keep it clear coated. Re coat every few months. But I dont know

Remove the coating with a liquid paint remover and polish the frame with a green polish and a nap.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.031144
Mobile Version of Website