Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
flogme wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
So ten years ago I was rocking this bad boy:
photo
. That SX went thru so many phases and parts, damn I miss that bike. Now I have the DJ HT built up and just recently got rid of the Ticket S.
Thanks for the decals USMC Looks so damn good
I love this whip You rule Tsox You too Clap
how is the axle to crown on the lefty it looks pretty damn long.

Never measured but it’s a 100mm fork, the stack height looks awk because I am using a project 321 steerer to make it happen. All in I think I have maybe $400 into it. Can’t remember exact number.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
What tires are on your current bike??

Those are just blacked out DTH's

Oh ok. I like them but I also like my gum walls aha

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 at 18:35 Quote
[Quote="SneakyNova"]
ImMattWard wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
What tires are on your current bike??

Those are just blacked out DTH's

Oh ok. I like them but I also like my gum walls aha maybe I'll just splatter the black ones like I did most my parts

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 1:08 Quote
Does anyone know of anywhere that still has a set of 24x2.4 maxxis DTH tyres? like in a local bike store or a friend with a good set? ill pay shipping everything. 24" park tyres take the piss you have a choice of like 2 lol

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:
Does anyone know of anywhere that still has a set of 24x2.4 maxxis DTH tyres? like in a local bike store or a friend with a good set? ill pay shipping everything. 24" park tyres take the piss you have a choice of like 2 lol

I think the 2.4 is a bit of stretch to find. Closest you'll get to that size for Maxxis is the Holy rollers or Grifter's.

veloplus.ee has some 24s

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 15:40 Quote
mtbtyrrell wrote:

Power blocks are great, but they only go to 2.1. If you can't find the dth. I'd be happy with a 2.1 dth :') best i can find locally is like 1.75 race tyres.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
What 26" rims do u guys rn? Just realized I have a good bend on the one side of my rear rim and I wanna see what you guys recommend

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 18:04 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
What 26" rims do u guys rn? Just realized I have a good bend on the one side of my rear rim and I wanna see what you guys recommend

Just upgrade to 27.5 you'll have no problem. A nice 1.40" tire and it'll fit nice and tight

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
I run Mavic ex721s. I'd like to move to 729s cause theyre wider but other than that, the 721s are solid. The WTB i25 is a solid rim too. One of the lighter 26" dj suitable rims iirc.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:

Just upgrade to 27.5 you'll have no problem. A nice 1.40" tire and it'll fit nice and tight

Pffffftttttt yea yea

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 21:21 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
I run Mavic ex721s. I'd like to move to 729s cause theyre wider but other than that, the 721s are solid. The WTB i25 is a solid rim too. One of the lighter 26" dj suitable rims iirc.

There is someone selling a set of mavics idk if it's the 721s or 729s but hes asking 200 for both rims. He says they are almost new. And are true.
I'm gonna need to get spokes and nipples and re do the rim but what do u guys think?

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 21:35 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
brightbmx wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:

There is someone selling a set of mavics idk if it's the 721s or 729s but hes asking 200 for both rims. He says they are almost new. And are true.
I'm gonna need to get spokes and nipples and re do the rim but what do u guys think?
CAD or USD? Either way a little steep imo. might be better off just taking your time and looking for a nice quality wheelset on the used market. I've gotten some killer deals there. A lot of guys offing old 26" AM wheels

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 22:34 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:

I'd recommend the spank Spike 33's, sunrosa30's, tweet28's, and ex471's
ex 471s are the most expensive but by far my favorite. they were the lightests
and stay the truest. tubeless ready. I found mine for 80bucks.

Posted: Jan 22, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:
brightbmx wrote:

CAD or USD? Either way a little steep imo. might be better off just taking your time and looking for a nice quality wheelset on the used market. I've gotten some killer deals there. A lot of guys offing old 26" AM wheels

Cad I was gonna talk him down!
And ok that's good to know. I got time anyway I'm gonna ride my current rim tiĺl its folded. I'm gonna need them for the summer tho

Posted: Jan 23, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
SneakyNova wrote:

I'd recommend the spank Spike 33's, sunrosa30's, tweet28's, and ex471's
ex 471s are the most expensive but by far my favorite. they were the lightests
and stay the truest. tubeless ready. I found mine for 80bucks.
+1 for ex471s. Never ridden them but I have a friend who has and he loves em.
Apparently the old spline ex1501 wheelset used ex471s just with different decals. They're 28h tho I got set of those rims for $10 each

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034007
Mobile Version of Website