Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Noremac47 wrote:
Philitup wrote:
The Magic School Bus

What's the story behind that school bus? Is it owned by a bike shop?
Hahaha... nah. A neighbor was a school bus driver for a while and had it parked in our yard. I took the picture, then photoshopped all of those logos onto it afterward just for the heck of it lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
Needs Enve decals on the bus wheels lol

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Well swapped all my parts from my 2009 STP to a 2011 Specialized p.1 frame. Rides so much better. I need to lower the fork to 80mm and replace the lead weight of a seatpost thats on it now.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
Dartmoor Two6Player

Thinking about goiong back to a P3 again. Just the third time. The frame I could buy is technically fine, but the paint is completly done. Any suggestion for a potential frame color. Maybe a classy gloss black, with some understatement decals?!

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
So this is loosely related to dirt jumping and street. But for everyone who wears pads I'm looking for shin knee and elbow pads any recommendations?

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 19:27 Quote
I use poc elbow and knee pads (VPD 2.0) whenever I'm riding DH, enduro, or DJs. Probably one of the most expensive options out there but you get what you pay for. Had the same ones for 5 years now I think, and after a quick toss in the washing machine they look brand new again (even though I've had a few gnarly crashes with them). Quite flexible material so you can still pedal really well. Highly recommend saving up for these.

**Since you mentioned shins, I'll add that poc also makes a shin pad that supposedly covers your leg from your ankle up to the bottom of the knee pad. Never seen them in person or tried them out so I can't say if they're useful or not.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
rfrench wrote:
I use poc elbow and knee pads (VPD 2.0) whenever I'm riding DH, enduro, or DJs. Probably one of the most expensive options out there but you get what you pay for. Had the same ones for 5 years now I think, and after a quick toss in the washing machine they look brand new again (even though I've had a few gnarly crashes with them). Quite flexible material so you can still pedal really well. Highly recommend saving up for these.

**Since you mentioned shins, I'll add that poc also makes a shin pad that supposedly covers your leg from your ankle up to the bottom of the knee pad. Never seen them in person or tried them out so I can't say if they're useful or not.
Ok I'll definitely check them out. I'm in need of pads my legs are constantly covered in bruises and cuts

Edit: oh my I see what you mean its gonna cost like 400 for pads. I think I'm gonna start with some park knee pads and find some nice and a bit cheaper shin pads

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:28 Quote

Changing the fork to a white one and a new wheelset, and now I'm torn between tanwalls and black tires. The tanwall Table Tops might be a bit of a squeeze to fit, so I might have to go with the Holy Rollers.

Thoughts?

EDIT: The frame is chromed.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
Go tan walls. Then strip the paint off the fork and polish it so it matches the frame.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
rfrench wrote:

Ok I'll definitely check them out. I'm in need of pads my legs are constantly covered in bruises and cuts

Edit: oh my I see what you mean its gonna cost like 400 for pads. I think I'm gonna start with some park knee pads and find some nice and a bit cheaper shin pads

Check out Shadow Conspiracy Invisa-Lite pads, they have low pro shin, elbow and knee.

https://shop.theshadowconspiracy.com/shop/riding-gear-gloves/invisa-lite.html

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
rfrench wrote:

Having cut shins is just apart of the game my dude. But for knee pads I find you can’t go wrong with Dakine. I got a set with the d30 padding, small enough to fit under jeans for dirt jumping and don’t fall down the legs when doing 25k + Trail rides and priced right around $120

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
SneakyNova wrote:
So this is loosely related to dirt jumping and street. But for everyone who wears pads I'm looking for shin knee and elbow pads any recommendations?

I'd recommend something fairly low-profile with d3o or a similar material. I've got the Scott Soldier 2 pads, and they fit under straight-legged jeans okay (they're on under my grey jeans in this photo)

Apparently Fox has their own take on the semi-solid material, with better ventilation (according to a rep, take from that what you will)

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Is there a modern day equivalent of the 661 Kyle Straight knee pad? i.e. The go-to pad that everyone runs. Mine are still going strong 10 years on but they’re pretty bulky compared to more modern pads.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
One shadow conspiracy seat post and a fork rebuild later

Posted: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:11 Quote
Hi guys,

these two beauties were stolen in Oakland from a closed car. They are pretty rare (the stitched itself is pretty rare in the states as I know and the ticket with the custom paintjob), so if any of them pops up somewhere contact me please.

Frame: Canyon Stitched 360
Fork: RockShox Pike DJ
Bars: Chromag OSX
Stem: Chromag Ranger V2
Brake: Shimano Deore M6000
Front wheel: Canyon Stitched hub, Alexrims rim, Maxxis Ikon tire
Rear wheel: Hope Pro 2 sigle speed hub in silver, Mavic rim, Maxxis DTH tire
Crankset: Shimano XT
Pedals: Chromag Contact
Grips: Chromag Wax
Seatpost: RaceFace Chester
Saddle: Chromag Overture

Frame: Trek Ticket S (WHITE custom painted)
Fork: Pike DJ BLACK (custom shaft 106mm)
Cranks: X0 170mm BLACK
Wheels: Hubs: Rear: Spank Spike Front: Deore XT BLACK
Bar: Chromag BZA 35mm rise BLACK-GREY
Stem: Chromag BZA 35mm long BLACK
Brake: Shimano XT BLACK
Pedals: Chromag Synth RED
Chain Tensioner: Rohloff 8245 BLACK
Chainring: Chromag Sequence 28T BLACK
Chain: Shimano 10s
Seat: Chromag Overture BLACK
Seatpost: Chromag Dolomite BLACK
Seatclamp: Chromag NQR BLACK
Grips: Chromag WAX BLACK-RED

Finishing touches:
• different colour grips (red on right, black on the left)
• custom "aftermarket" screws at linkage points of the frame
• rubber crankstopper on the left crankarm

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040755
Mobile Version of Website