PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 6:21 Quote
AntN wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/16991777/
Planning to get single speed dropouts CNCed
Planning to get single speed dropouts CNCed

Hi DJ dudes,
I'm thinking about getting dropouts CNCed so that I can run single speed with tensioners.
I'm wonder what design is the best? Open ended rear with a puller tensioner, or a closed in elongated slot and/or with a moto style block or a threaded internal thread bolt type tensioner.

Any advise pics would be great. Also if there are other thread I should ask please let me know.

regards
Ant
If someone can’t custom make them for you just put the chain tensioner upfront and it should work.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
honestly, it would probably just be cheaper for you to find the correct dropouts or even buy a new frame. most CNC shops want their orders in bulk. setup time and costs for one measly set of drops are not worth it (unless you have your own CNC).

some shops will do small work like this as they are better setup to do so. although, they will pass the setup/time costs onto you.

with that being said. a regular horizontal dropout with a puller chain tensioner will always be cheaper as its much easier to produce. the elongated slot design with a sliding axle in the middle will be more expensive as its more complex to produce. i can pretty much guarantee you that design will be more than the frame's worth.

finally. call whoever makes your frame and see if you can get whatever dropouts you are after. they may have spares or be able to point you in the right direction.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
No need my man

Just get a cheapo tensioner that bolts to the derailleur hanger thwy are super liggtweight and will spare you from any trouble

Ezpz

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 13:31 Quote
he might not have a 9mm QR axle to go with the frame. i dont blame him, its the worst axle for dj/street. there should have never been an option from the start.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
10mm goes with it too

Or bolt on

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 15:00 Quote
Thanks everyone. I do have the 10mm bolt through. It does seem like alot of work getting new dropouts made. A front tensioner looks like the go should one be required.

Thanks again PB DJ crew.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
AntN wrote:
Thanks everyone. I do have the 10mm bolt through. It does seem like alot of work getting new dropouts made. A front tensioner looks like the go should one be required.

Thanks again PB DJ crew.

Surly Singleator for the rear would work good too.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
AntN wrote:

Thanks again PB DJ crew.

Surly Singleator for the rear would work good too.

Yeah it would work...if I have to use one I will. I'm hoping to have the rear as neat and minimal as possible.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
AntN wrote:

Thanks again PB DJ crew.
rear is way easier

And literally fool proof

Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 16:39 Quote
Soo, I broke my fork today, a little crash...Kind of sad, but that fork last me almost 5 year and it's just a light XC fork, survived pretty much scary stuff, drop to flat etc...New fork already on the way Rock Shox Argyle RCT Solo Air 26'' 100mm 20x110 arriving next week !!!
RIP....

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
Just finished building up a custom Rocky Mountain Flow.

Can't wait to get it on the jumps!

Rocky Mountain Flow size L Custom retro graphics raw paint w clear coat. Flow EX rims King Rr hub Hope PR2 Ff. Argyle Fork Shimano Deore brake XTR cranks 34 - 16T Chromag Bar seat clamp pedals Raceface post Kenda Small block 8 tires 26.5lbs

Rocky Mountain Flow size L Custom retro graphics raw paint w clear coat. Flow EX rims King Rr hub Hope PR2 Ff. Argyle Fork XTR cranks 34 - 16T Chromag Bar seat clamp pedals Raceface post Kenda Small block 8 tires 26.5lbs

Rocky Mountain Flow size L Custom retro graphics raw paint w clear coat. Flow EX rims King Rr hub Hope PR2 Ff. Argyle Fork XTR cranks 34 - 16T Chromag Bar seat clamp pedals Raceface post Kenda Small block 8 tires 26.5lbs

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 16:15 Quote
What pedals are people running on their DJ bikes and why?

I just bought a pair of Crankbrothers stamp 1 (plastic) size small pedals for my light trail/XC bike and am wondering what I should I consider for my DJ bike. Should I look at "BMX" style pedals (typically thicker profile and plastic molded pins)?

That Rocky Mountain Flow looks amazing btw. What year is the frame?

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 16:21 Quote

This is hottt, would look good with a matching front rim

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
I ran a pair of Nukeproof nylons for a while, metal pins.. absolutely loved them.. nice and light, easy to change pins, cheap $30?, and plenty of grip.

I need to buy some new pedals myself and will probably go back to them

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 16:31 Quote
cbd10pt wrote:

This is hottt, would look good with a matching front rim
....or...just desticker the rear! But yes the frame is gorgeous for sure, well done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017366
Mobile Version of Website