Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 5:07 Quote
DarrellW wrote:
Either the pic is wonky or your forks are. I don't know if I'd trust them - it looks like they took a proper hit.

No Idea what you are talking about? Care to clarify?

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
DarrellW wrote:

Either the pic is wonky or your forks are. I don't know if I'd trust them - it looks like they took a proper hit.

I disagree. They look straight as an arrow to me

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on an NS Movement 1. Kinda scared cuz I haven't really ever rode a DJ! I had a BLK MRKT RIOT for about 6 months, 10 years ago but I wasn't ready to stop riding 20"...so I sold it. Got another 20", then went to an S&M ATF 22" wheeled ride for about 3 years. I let that go last summer, my old age and lack of good BMX trails has me wanting to go back to a DJ. Any thoughts on the NS? I have plenty of nice street set ups in Columbus Ohio and plenty of MTB trails to explore!

NS makes good stuff but you're paying a lot just for the brand in my opinion. If I were to be buying a complete I'd go for a Transition PBJ or a Haro Steel Reserve 1.2

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on an NS Movement 1. Kinda scared cuz I haven't really ever rode a DJ! I had a BLK MRKT RIOT for about 6 months, 10 years ago but I wasn't ready to stop riding 20"...so I sold it. Got another 20", then went to an S&M ATF 22" wheeled ride for about 3 years. I let that go last summer, my old age and lack of good BMX trails has me wanting to go back to a DJ. Any thoughts on the NS? I have plenty of nice street set ups in Columbus Ohio and plenty of MTB trails to explore!

NS makes good stuff but you're paying a lot just for the brand in my opinion. If I were to be buying a complete I'd go for a Transition PBJ or a Haro Steel Reserve 1.2
considering you can get an ns decade for 300 bucks, i dont think youre paying any premium

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
The Haro is only $200 less than the NS with crap for parts and the PBJ is really nice but a little more than I'm willing to pay. I'm open to more suggestions though, it'll be a couple more weeks before I do anything.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
The Haro is only $200 less than the NS with crap for parts and the PBJ is really nice but a little more than I'm willing to pay. I'm open to more suggestions though, it'll be a couple more weeks before I do anything.

Dartmoor completes are fantastic comparables to the NS's.

I am biased mind you.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
The Haro is only $200 less than the NS with crap for parts and the PBJ is really nice but a little more than I'm willing to pay. I'm open to more suggestions though, it'll be a couple more weeks before I do anything.

Dartmoor completes are fantastic comparables to the NS's.

I am biased mind you.

Funny you should say that...I was actually looking into the Two6player EVO but couldn't find anybody who had them and the ones that did don't ship to the states!

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
The Haro is only $200 less than the NS with crap for parts and the PBJ is really nice but a little more than I'm willing to pay. I'm open to more suggestions though, it'll be a couple more weeks before I do anything.

Dartmoor completes are fantastic comparables to the NS's.

I am biased mind you.

Funny you should say that...I was actually looking into the Two6player EVO but couldn't find anybody who had them and the ones that did don't ship to the states!

We're the distribution for the States. We ship there (and always have but people don't think we do) but that bike actually isn't even done in the factory yet. We haven't gotten confirmation from Dartmoor on their availability yet. The last year two6player in scout green is available however. If your interested feel free to message us.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
The Haro is only $200 less than the NS with crap for parts and the PBJ is really nice but a little more than I'm willing to pay. I'm open to more suggestions though, it'll be a couple more weeks before I do anything.

you know what yeah that's my bad. I had looked the NS up from my local Canadian distributor but then looked at the american sites for Haro/Transition so my cost estimates were off by a decent chunk. I'd probably just look for a used custom build.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
haro-rider-13 wrote:
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
Think I'm gonna pull the trigger on an NS Movement 1. Kinda scared cuz I haven't really ever rode a DJ! I had a BLK MRKT RIOT for about 6 months, 10 years ago but I wasn't ready to stop riding 20"...so I sold it. Got another 20", then went to an S&M ATF 22" wheeled ride for about 3 years. I let that go last summer, my old age and lack of good BMX trails has me wanting to go back to a DJ. Any thoughts on the NS? I have plenty of nice street set ups in Columbus Ohio and plenty of MTB trails to explore!

NS makes good stuff but you're paying a lot just for the brand in my opinion. If I were to be buying a complete I'd go for a Transition PBJ or a Haro Steel Reserve 1.2
considering you can get an ns decade for 300 bucks, i dont think youre paying any premium
Where? Decade is 550 here, capital is like 7 bills. thats a premium if you ask me?

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
$300 USD.

Lama has em for $414 with free shipping.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
Why is CRC so much more then lol. I'm going to have to stop using that damn site.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
It seems good for some but locally in Canada has just about the same prices. Lamacycles, tbsbikeparts, canadabicycleparts, Dunbar, etc. Hell even Jenson is good with fast shipping but the conversion rate never works out for us for a few years now

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
haro-rider-13 wrote:
BigDaddyRatt wrote:
The Haro is only $200 less than the NS with crap for parts and the PBJ is really nice but a little more than I'm willing to pay. I'm open to more suggestions though, it'll be a couple more weeks before I do anything.

you know what yeah that's my bad. I had looked the NS up from my local Canadian distributor but then looked at the american sites for Haro/Transition so my cost estimates were off by a decent chunk. I'd probably just look for a used custom build.
I second this. Keep an open mind and shop around used rides. I got myself a custom 2014 P.26 AM for $450 USD the other week. Frame will last a lifetime.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
I havnt seen any decent street edits this year, anybody have any links?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017680
Mobile Version of Website