Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Dmr trailblade is min
I am currently building a 24" dj/cruiser because I have a frame and found a trailblade for 10 bonerinos on ebay

I need my shop to finish my front wheel and I will grab a complete rear from stolen

Literally in the same boat (rebuilding a 24)for the same reason, but my front wheel is being built by me, and I'm the one loafting on my wheel build.
I can lace bmx can f*ck wit bigger wheels and actual measurements and science

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Striker853 wrote:
Don´t ask me how, but I managed to lose my axle from my Ticket DJ.
Does anyone has a suggestion for a new one, cause I cant´t find one in 12x142 with a nut.
Dt swiss rws axle

sadly no thru bold in 12mm available

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
My new build project
I had an Identity P66 for P'track, light park (I'm OLD) & beer runner but, I didn't get on with the long & flexy rear end so was loking to swap out the frame. Missed out on a second hand Majesty so bought.. what I thought was a Void... The frame turns up an I cant get the 26 wheel in!! Turns out out the frame is actually an older 24 Spark! The seller was very gracious aboot it an offered full refund but, I thought FK it I'll give 24 a go as I've never ridden/built it before. Kept the Spark an the seller @bennyp gave a bit of £ back!!
Awesome PB'ing an trustworthy seller
Then I straight swap the P66 for the Mutant Bikes 24 build. I did think about a putting a brake on the Mutant as I rode BMX for a long time but, I think I'm gonna build up the Spark as it's got a bit more length in the TT an CS
So plan is
The Spark with the Wombolt cranks, Beautifull! Kis bikes fork an Oddessy Hazard wheels (though I gotta sell the G sport hub an geta Hope Pro Trials for the sparks disc brake). NS district bars an DMR Super Moto white wall tyres. An then bare metal the frame an forks
Gonna be a while as due to grown up sh*t but, really looking forward to this build

P.S Mutant 24 frame, G Sport Rachet hub an (nearly new) Oddessy P'lyte tyre 24X2.2 fo sale
New build project Giving 24 inch a try the Mutant bike blue was a straight swap for my P66. All the parts are going on the Octane One Spark frame. Still need BB bars tyres an a rear hub

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Striker853 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
Striker853 wrote:
Don´t ask me how, but I managed to lose my axle from my Ticket DJ.
Does anyone has a suggestion for a new one, cause I cant´t find one in 12x142 with a nut.
Dt swiss rws axle

Have you checked eBay and Amazon? I found it within five minutes of looking on there.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
My new build project
I had an Identity P66 for P'track, light park (I'm OLD) & beer runner but, I didn't get on with the long & flexy rear end so was loking to swap out the frame. Missed out on a second hand Majesty so bought.. what I thought was a Void... The frame turns up an I cant get the 26 wheel in!! Turns out out the frame is actually an older 24 Spark! The seller was very gracious aboot it an offered full refund but, I thought FK it I'll give 24 a go as I've never ridden/built it before. Kept the Spark an the seller @bennyp gave a bit of £ back!!
Awesome PB'ing an trustworthy seller
Then I straight swap the P66 for the Mutant Bikes 24 build. I did think about a putting a brake on the Mutant as I rode BMX for a long time but, I think I'm gonna build up the Spark as it's got a bit more length in the TT an CS
So plan is
The Spark with the Wombolt cranks, Beautifull! Kis bikes fork an Oddessy Hazard wheels (though I gotta sell the G sport hub an geta Hope Pro Trials for the sparks disc brake). NS district bars an DMR Super Moto white wall tyres. An then bare metal the frame an forks
Gonna be a while as due to grown up sh*t but, really looking forward to this build

P.S Mutant 24 frame, G Sport Rachet hub an (nearly new) Oddessy P'lyte tyre 24X2.2 fo sale
New build project Giving 24 inch a try the Mutant bike blue was a straight swap for my P66. All the parts are going on the Octane One Spark frame. Still need BB bars tyres an a rear hub

I’m digging this, well done! Wish we had more 24 options in frame....especially here in the states.
The new DMR 24 Sect looks nice....but the taper headtube on a 24 really isn’t necessary.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 10:40 Quote
More choice for suss forks I guess. Straight 1&1/8 has limited choices nowerdays

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 2:01 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
Striker853 wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Dt swiss rws axle

Have you checked eBay and Amazon? I found it within five minutes of looking on there.

Yes, but only from north american dealers. 110€ and delivery in june.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Dmr trailblade is min
I am currently building a 24" dj/cruiser because I have a frame and found a trailblade for 10 bonerinos on ebay

I need my shop to finish my front wheel and I will grab a complete rear from stolen

What frame do you have?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
My friend bought the last ever mafia bikes blackjack in 24"

As much as I hate mafia I gotta say this frame has been to hell and back and so fat sk good

Components were crap hut it is a full cr-Mo frame with bmx spacing

The only reason I am building it up is because he left it at my house 4 years ago

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
I have seen photos of 24 Sparks ground down to accept 26. I have a very old DMR Transition 24 with f*cking massive drop outs. We stuck 26 on it once. faaaark, so nice. Would've kept it but the 24s on the 26 frame felt like ass.

Tl;dr sometimes 26 on a 24 frame is possible and noice as hell.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
I have seen this on a Spark but, dude had cut/ground at the seat stay bridge an still had like barely a mm tyre clearance.Like, if the wheel had just the slightest tweak it wouldn't spin.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 2:51 Quote
jespinal wrote:
My friend bought the last ever mafia bikes blackjack in 24"

As much as I hate mafia I gotta say this frame has been to hell and back and so fat sk good

Components were crap hut it is a full cr-Mo frame with bmx spacing

The only reason I am building it up is because he left it at my house 4 years ago

See how long it lasts under your steeze.

Seen quite a few of the Mafia frames giving at the headtube. Even the new splatter one that’s only recently come out still seems to fold up there easily.

If their BMX’s are anything to go on then I expect nothing less, had one of their Kink frames in the shop and I managed to make its name very appropriate in a couple of hours during a quiet afternoon just on the street out front.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 3:07 Quote
This frame has seen it's fair share of abuse, i am sure it will give up but mostly I'll cruise on it and ride dirt eventually

Also I am really not that hard on parts

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
I cant embed the video to save my life lol

Anyway, still riding the Dobermann
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw9YyAPA6rC/?hl=en

Considering taking a trip to Crankworx this summer, have not been since 09. Trying to get back into riding Smile

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 23:40 Quote
I know my photos are trash dont bully me

Spec list:
2016 Scott Voltage YZ 0.2 Frame
2020 Fox 36 831
Spank Tweet 28 Rims laced to hope pro 4s (Might slap Profiles in there)
Spank Oozy Stem & Bar
Dmr Deathgrips
Stolen Talon V2 Cranks
Spank Spoon 100 pedals
Schwalbe Table Top Tires (Probably replacing with DTH's soon)
Chromag Overture Saddle
Hope seatpost clamp
WeThePeople 28T Chainring
Cult Half link chain
Cachete Bikes Ti 12 tooth Cog
Shimano SLX Brake

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.035992
Mobile Version of Website