Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
EmilsV wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:
EmilsV wrote:
So I have a question guys. Anyone have any experience with Merida Hardy Pro 2014 bike? I wanted to get O1 Zircus as it's really cheap on CRC now (hope it will be for some days until I get paid) but found locally this Merida Hardy Pro somewhat complete without chain (and probably needs some love) for 162 euros.

Wanted to know geometry wise, is Merida any good or should I just get Zircus? Want a bit bigger frame because i'm 6'1 tall and my SE Bikes Flyer is pretty short.

(Also would swap out most of components from SE Flyer to Merida and build SE for girlfriend with Merida parts)

Thanks for help! Smile

Never heard of Merida, but I LOVE my Zircus. I'm 5'9 and it doesn't feel cramped, i do have 3" bars on it and a few spacers under the flipped BMX stem (probably 4" total bar height) though

Yeah, were I live I see Merida quite often selling here. Mostly why I ask is, because of parts that come with Merida I could build bike for girlfriend, but I really like how Zircus looks and want it sooo baad for last 3 years... Big Grin Just the price difference now too, Zircus on CRC now is 120 euros and I can get Merida for 162. Only thing that I think is that Merida could be beat down really hard and that's why it is that cheap. Also wanted to compare geo of Zircus and Hardy, but can't find anything for Hardy. Mostly thinking about Zircus tho, haven't seen too much of them broken too.

For the money, its a great frame. Loves to fly, even streets pretty good

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
back wheel is done!
put t'kettle on
warm up t'spanners
pics soon

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
DONE!!
Octane One Spark
Octane One Spark 24
Octane One Spark 24
First car park test, feels nice like a perfect cross with BMX an a jump bike. Rear is twitchy in manuals though! gonna have to be carefull with that.....
Long term plan is to bare metal the frame an fork to match the crank

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
hendrix42 wrote:

mine ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#BANS I-SHOOT-NOOBS , #BANS DirtJumperYo

Hey man just wondering could you help me on picking a bike im looking to get into dj for sum street riding but see most models have one gear an ill be goin up hills an stuff in the city so your bike looks exactly kind of fit i be goin for but as im a complete noob im not sure of the model to go for an am a bit confused in choosing in regards as top tube length an stuff im 5"11 in height,i have a 500-700 budget,sorry for big text but any help on makes or models would be greatly appreciated

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
this monstrosity is in progress

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
Reminds of a time when people would put Bomber's on Norco Bigfoots and such. Weird times. At least those are lowered and don't look as mental as not having derailleur dropout lol.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
it was a joke at first as i had the boxxers laying around and then i did a mockup and said screw it. lowered it to 4". will be a single speed with belt drive

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
Well your motto in your profile is accurate haha

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
how do you belt drive a frame with enclosed drop outs? is there some sort of master link unit?

if that frame isnt rated for a DC fork (which its not), you're putting a lot of stress on that headtube. fine for a mockup and maybe a quick spin in the parking lor, but i wouldnt actually ride it that way.

the weirdest part is it doesnt even look that out of place. lol

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
if that frame isnt rated for a DC fork (which its not), you're putting a lot of stress on that headtube. fine for a mockup and maybe a quick spin in the parking lor, but i wouldnt actually ride it that way.

the weirdest part is it doesnt even look that out of place. lol

Has to do with the axle to crown height, not the fact it has two crowns. This will have a lower A-C height for the same travel as any DJ fork on the market.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
My 2019 Decade finally showed up and she's almost ready to be built! Just waiting on tires and a saddle now, plus I still have to find a fork.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
ktm87 wrote:

That's hilarious, keen to see it completed.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 5:51 Quote
At last, got rid of the stupid seat post! Big Grin

And added some other little touches
ns decade

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
ktm87 wrote:

I actually love it!!! If you don’t use the forks I will take. Would rail around the local 4x course with those.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
Thought my STP was a good deal until I came across this today for $50. Was definitely skeptical, but met a normal, middle aged mom at a school where her kid was in a basketball tournament (watched the kids run inside before she met me). Said her ex bought the bike for her kid and her kid hasn't touched it in a couple years. Genuinely seemed like she just wanted to get rid of it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036440
Mobile Version of Website