Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 20:21 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Thought my STP was a good deal until I came across this today for $50. Was definitely skeptical, but met a normal, middle aged mom at a school where her kid was in a basketball tournament (watched the kids run inside before she met me). Said her ex bought the bike for her kid and her kid hasn't touched it in a couple years. Genuinely seemed like she just wanted to get rid of it.

Now that's a good find!

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 20:27 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:

Finally got my Zydeco built up this weekend

Always been interested in top tube suspension, how does it feel?

Also is that air rec because ive ran it to that wall more than once for sure lol

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 21:25 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

Also is that air rec because ive ran it to that wall more than once for sure lol

Rides really nice. I changed the geo up from the regular spec. Yes that is Air rec. I work here. The wall is a hot commodity haha

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
Hi all im looking to get into dj riding for mostly tricks an stuff around the city but parts are fairly hilly so id need a model with gears i have a about 500-700 to spend but i dnt know wich would be a good model or even where to start,if anyone could give me sum advice id greatly appreciate it

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
Tristanc wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

Rides really nice. I changed the geo up from the regular spec. Yes that is Air rec. I work here. The wall is a hot commodity haha
Was it a very long wait for the frame?

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:

Rides really nice. I changed the geo up from the regular spec.

What did you change?

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:46 Quote
Torn on the company. That's a gorgeous bike for sure, and the quality seems vastly higher than with Dobermann, but hearing how many people didn't get their frames in a decent time frame was pretty sad to hear.

Sorry, don't mean to stain your bike. It's absolutely friggen sick and I honestly wish I had that thing!

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Torn on the company. That's a gorgeous bike for sure, and the quality seems vastly higher than with Dobermann, but hearing how many people didn't get their frames in a decent time frame was pretty sad to hear.

Sorry, don't mean to stain your bike. It's absolutely friggen sick and I honestly wish I had that thing!

I waited 2mo for my Ordnance. Not the same, but small company none the less. When its a 1 man show you wait, unless there's stock in house, which often there's not with small companies

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Thought my STP was a good deal until I came across this today for $50. Was definitely skeptical, but met a normal, middle aged mom at a school where her kid was in a basketball tournament (watched the kids run inside before she met me). Said her ex bought the bike for her kid and her kid hasn't touched it in a couple years. Genuinely seemed like she just wanted to get rid of it.

Score!

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
skunkape wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
Tristanc wrote:

Was it a very long wait for the frame?

It took 9 months

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
crs-one wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

Rides really nice. I changed the geo up from the regular spec.

What did you change?

Reach to 430mm and head angle to 69

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Honestly I’m stoked on the quality of the work but I was very dissatisfied with his communication. For the last 4 months I was told my frame was shipping out week after week. After I finally got it he sent the wrong BB. Told me he sent me the correct BB and the spacers to go with it over a month ago. Still haven’t received them. Nor have I got an email back regarding the situation. I ended up have to get my own spacers machined in order to build the bike. It was very frustrating. Luckily I was recovering from a broken femur so I wasn’t able to ride during this time so it didn’t effect me really. However I was concerned for a couple months that I was never going to see this frame.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 23:20 Quote
sickdj17 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Honestly I’m stoked on the quality of the work but I was very dissatisfied with his communication. For the last 4 months I was told my frame was shipping out week after week. After I finally got it he sent the wrong BB. Told me he sent me the correct BB and the spacers to go with it over a month ago. Still haven’t received them. Nor have I got an email back regarding the situation. I ended up have to get my own spacers machined in order to build the bike. It was very frustrating. Luckily I was recovering from a broken femur so I wasn’t able to ride during this time so it didn’t effect me really. However I was concerned for a couple months that I was never going to see this frame.

Sucks to hear that man. Such a sick build though, well done.

What fork are you running? looks like a non routine compression knob of sorts.

I had a custom frame (longer tt) built by Dobermann years back. It took months, then arrived with a dent.... They didn't do anything to help other than say they'd warranty it if it cracked.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 1:15 Quote
sendit4 wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Sucks to hear that man. Such a sick build though, well done.

What fork are you running? looks like a non routine compression knob of sorts.

I had a custom frame (longer tt) built by Dobermann years back. It took months, then arrived with a dent.... They didn't do anything to help other than say they'd warranty it if it cracked.

Pretty sure its a 2019/2020 Fox 36 831 with the damper sharpied over lol there are more pics on his profile

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:27 Quote
In the article about Rheeder's new bike it says he's running 165psi in the fork. The manual says that 120psi is the max, has anyone on here run higher than 120psi in their Fox 831 for an extended period of time without any issues? I've got all 10 volume spacers in mine with 120psi but I've always wanted it to feel harder off the top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.031354
Mobile Version of Website