Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
I think you can get away with it.

Just think about how much more pressure a 180mm fork would produce at bottom out compared to 100mm. Im sure they based the maximum pressure off of 180mm at bottom out, probably with maximum spacers.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
sendit4 wrote:
sickdj17 wrote:

Honestly I’m stoked on the quality of the work but I was very dissatisfied with his communication. For the last 4 months I was told my frame was shipping out week after week. After I finally got it he sent the wrong BB. Told me he sent me the correct BB and the spacers to go with it over a month ago. Still haven’t received them. Nor have I got an email back regarding the situation. I ended up have to get my own spacers machined in order to build the bike. It was very frustrating. Luckily I was recovering from a broken femur so I wasn’t able to ride during this time so it didn’t effect me really. However I was concerned for a couple months that I was never going to see this frame.

Sucks to hear that man. Such a sick build though, well done.

What fork are you running? looks like a non routine compression knob of sorts.

I had a custom frame (longer tt) built by Dobermann years back. It took months, then arrived with a dent.... They didn't do anything to help other than say they'd warranty it if it cracked.

Pretty sure its a 2019/2020 Fox 36 831 with the damper sharpied over lol there are more pics on his profile

It’s a 2019 Fox 36 831 with the Grip 2 Damper. Stikrd graphics. The knobs are actually carbon. I got them from Hopp Carbon parts

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
I run 210psi in my 2018 36 831 with 3 volume spacers. Ive done it on the last 3 36 831 forks ive owned. Its a dirt jumper. Not an all mountain bike. You cant ride it with less than 140psi if youre over 50kg/ 125lbs.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Just rebuilt my shonky with a bit more budget friendly spec. (non carbon cranks and wheels)

NEW

OLD

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
^ That thing looks amazing. Shonky is on my short list for new frame time, geo looks pretty dialed.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
sendit4 wrote:
Just rebuilt my shonky with a bit more budget friendly spec. (non carbon cranks and wheels)

OLD

Putting together a DJ with those ENVE AM, using for pump track and BMX so not trying any 360s or anthing stuntish.... How did you find the ENVEs?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Quick shoutout to Enve for being the most overpriced and poorly made carbon rims I've ever worked with. No other company has required warrantying out of box multiple times.

Do not get Enve rims. WAO has rims that are DJ ready at a vastly higher quality, with a better warranty, at a better price, from a better company.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
sendit4 wrote:

NEW

OLD

Lol i remember asking you to part out that fork. I just got a 2020 one a few weeks ago actually

The new fork looks way nicer on that build though

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 17:42 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Quick shoutout to Enve for being the most overpriced and poorly made carbon rims I've ever worked with. No other company has required warrantying out of box multiple times.

Do not get Enve rims. WAO has rims that are DJ ready at a vastly higher quality, with a better warranty, at a better price, from a better company.

haha noted, ENVE when from everyone darling brand to a laughing stock pretty quick. The ENVE AM I'm going to use, I didn't buy new and got them as part of a complete I bought....

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:

My only issue with WAO is that there carbon rims are on par weight wise or heavier than a decent set of alloy hoops. Im guessing they are indestructible or something.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
skerby wrote:
sherbet wrote:

My only issue with WAO is that there carbon rims are on par weight wise or heavier than a decent set of alloy hoops. Im guessing they are indestructible or something.

This is true.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
jumpman2334 wrote:
if that frame isnt rated for a DC fork (which its not), you're putting a lot of stress on that headtube. fine for a mockup and maybe a quick spin in the parking lor, but i wouldnt actually ride it that way.

the weirdest part is it doesnt even look that out of place. lol

Has to do with the axle to crown height, not the fact it has two crowns. This will have a lower A-C height for the same travel as any DJ fork on the market.

That sounds pretty good, and believe me I'm no expert so I'm just spit-balling here. Isn't the reason for being rated is that the stiffness of the steering tube with the double stantions is too stiff for the "non-rated" headtube?

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
I think something must’ve happened internally at Enve (didn’t they get bought out a couple of years ago? New owners looking to cut costs or something?) meaning they just aren’t what they were. I’ve a set of 2014 AM rims and they have been trouble free, got some of the first M70 thirty’s when they came out too, they were fine too (inc 6 weeks in whistler) I’ve since sold that bike but have no reason to think they aren’t still running fine.

This most recent generation of rims though, I wouldn’t fit to someone else’s bike, never mind my own. Still running stems and bars though.

Running DT Swiss and Santa Cruz carbon rims now.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
skerby wrote:
sherbet wrote:

In the case of the Coup, their DJ rim, the claimed weight is a bit lighter than the other flyweight rated-for-DJ and even just used-for-DJ options (EX471, NS Enigma, Stan's Flow). I'm about to replace a NS Enigma Dynamal Roll (453g after some paint) with a Coup. At similar weights, both tubeless ready, same hole count, and same internal width, I'm expecting the carbon rims to be a shitload stiffer, and (this is the big one) save me the trouble of trying to true out plastic deformation on a monthly basis.

Or maybe I'll blow it up. We'll see!

I'll let the authorized ENVE dealer comment on their production quality, I've only personally handled a few and not all of them have been broken. All I can really say is that it's a shame that "dentist wheels" implies wheels so expensive and impractical that only dentists use them, as opposed to wheels that will result in you seeing a dentist.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034889
Mobile Version of Website