Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:52 Quote

Shorter cranks needed here? Can’t barspin

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
Or the more pricier option of longer frame. Crank arms are measured in mm and the difference between 165 and 175 is only .3 inches so not a whole lot extra room gained. Unless you get super short profiles, but that might hurt the knees more when you sit and pedal.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
Or the more pricier option of longer frame. Crank arms are measured in mm and the difference between 165 and 175 is only .3 inches so not a whole lot extra room gained. Unless you get super short profiles, but that might hurt the knees more when you sit and pedal.
the bike is an octane one void in a size medium I believe, 100 mm fork, would going to 120 give the space needed you think? I don’t understand how guys do this or what’s going on here, maybe I just have uber long crank arms 180’s? They’re x9’s and I have a 10.5 foot

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
I mean it only comes in one size and its 565mm length so it's not tiny by any means and it is possible the x9s are 180 length but shouldn't make that much of a difference. Might just have to tilt your feet back to get the clearance. Worst case chop a big toe off and get smaller shoes.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Time will tell but after riding jumps this evening 21 lbs for a dj bike might be too light hahahaha

I have a 21.5lb bike now too, and I honestly like my 24lb bike more for dirt jumps haha

the 21lb bike remains a BMX Cruiser Class race bike.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 21:08 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
Time will tell but after riding jumps this evening 21 lbs for a dj bike might be too light hahahaha

I have a 21.5lb bike now too, and I honestly like my 24lb bike more for dirt jumps haha

the 21lb bike remains a BMX Cruiser Class race bike.

Yeah, I'm converting the titanium frame back to an xc race / trials / dj hybrid which was my original plan for it anyway since I went custom geo with a slightly higher BB. 24ish lbs with 200mm dropper post, bash guard, and 1x6 gearing. The other dj specific hardtail is getting the older wheels that are still super light and should end up 22 or 23ish lbs.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
With those cranks, some brands use the same arm length and just offset the pedal insert, although that matters more for ground clearance as the pedal would still be moved back for toe clearance. I really like 165s on my DJ (and all my bikes) and I'm about 6ft so height doesn't automatically mean you need long cranks.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
can confirm. my bike came out to like 21 to 22lbs. it feels really twitchy and all but slowly starting to get used to it.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
I used to love riding my 22 pound Majesty at Joyride 150 almost everyday. Literally the best winter of my life. Trust me, you'll get used to it.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
crs-one wrote:
No way dude it feels incredible after about a fifteen minute adjustment period. You're going to love it. What are the specs on those wheels?

Rear 950g, front 740g.

Spokes: https://www.albes.com/usa-brand-titanium-spoke-in-rainbow/

What I noticed is that doing any kind of moto whips it feels way more twitchy, like you have to be on point or it wants to get away from you and not come back haha.

The weirdest one for me on light wheels was dropping into ramps. Bike just feels so fast.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
So, I just build another DJ bike,
this time with alu frame from Dartmoor Two6 Player size Long 2016 model,
Rock Shox Argyle RCT Solo Air 100mm fork,
Shimano Saint 165mm 68/73 cranks,
Chromag Contact pedals,
Maxxis Ikon 2,20 folding/ Maxxis DTH 2,15 folding tires,
32/13 ss gearing,
Hope Pro 4 Trial / ss rear hub, Remerx Bravedisc rear rim 32 holes 26'',
some stock Commencal DJ front wheelset,
pivotal saddle from Shadow, slim version,
27,2 pivotal seatpost by Dartmoor,
Commencal riser 30mm bar cutted at 720mm, Sensus DISISDABOSS grips,
Truvativ Holzfeller 40mm stem and specialzied top cap with purple bolt

and final weight is 11,30 kg, I'm super happy with this build, might change the fork in the future for at least RS Pike DJ 100mm.
now 11 30 kg size Long frame https www.vitalmtb.com community Tulipanek 45176 setup 39473
Hope Pro 4 Trial SS 10x135 hub with 13t ss cog https www.vitalmtb.com community Tulipanek 45176 setup 39473
https www.vitalmtb.com community Tulipanek 45176 setup 39473
https www.vitalmtb.com community Tulipanek 45176 setup 39473
Btw. that Hope rear hub is so sick !!! So loud !!! Is there any hub on the market that is louder ? i'm talking about trial/ss version with 88 engagement points.
Views: 116    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
Looks good. Pikes would look that much better but the argyles still work. Louder than Hope's trials would probably be Profile hubs. Maybe the old i9 torch hubs in single speed. Those or modifying a hub with more pawls and springs.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 21:04 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
Btw. that Hope rear hub is so sick !!! So loud !!! Is there any hub on the market that is louder ? i'm talking about trial/ss version with 88 engagement points.

My pro 2 trials SS is WAY louder than my pro 4 trials SS

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
tulipanek wrote:

My pro 2 trials SS is WAY louder than my pro 4 trials SS

My profile elite would give you a good battle!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030137
Mobile Version of Website