PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
huvudvind wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
mtbpro661 wrote:

what are you running now?
Ikon 26x2.35
i had my g zeros set up tubeless for a couple of months they worked fine for me. they kept burping in the skate park but i think any tire would have
were they white walls? My whitewalls would only hold for about 3 minutes. solid black single compound g zeros would be a different story im guessing.

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 23:06 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
huvudvind wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

Ikon 26x2.35
i had my g zeros set up tubeless for a couple of months they worked fine for me. they kept burping in the skate park but i think any tire would have
were they white walls? My whitewalls would only hold for about 3 minutes. solid black single compound g zeros would be a different story im guessing.
ya they were the whitewalls on spoon rims held fine for me

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
huvudvind wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
huvudvind wrote:
ya they were the whitewalls on spoon rims held fine for me

I reckon I'll have to get these Bontragers, thanks guysSmile Smile

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
Traditional 2.4 g zeros hold air tubeless but burp if you push them. I had to go to tubes in mine.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Traditional 2.4 g zeros hold air tubeless but burp if you push them. I had to go to tubes in mine.
Where do you find 2.4s o can only find 2.2

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
I want build a new wheelset for my bike but i want your opinion about this build:
-rims notubes flow MK3
-spokes dt competition
-hub hope pro 4 ss
i know this hub is used for trials but i wonder if the rims will be strong enough when i do 360...

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 15:07 Quote
There's plenty of people who have that wheelset build, and mk3's will be strong enough.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

I think they stopped making them, i have a few of the old ones.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

I think they stopped making them, i have a few of the old ones.
Oh darn. I was gonna see if u knew anywhere that had white wall 2.4s

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
Anyone know a reputable place that does custom bike paint?

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
Local paint shops do.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:

I just checked out a local powdercoat place, made sure they were comfy with bike frames, they seemed to know their stuff and they killed it.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

I just checked out a local powdercoat place, made sure they were comfy with bike frames, they seemed to know their stuff and they killed it.

Ya, definitely want to make sure they know a bit of knowledge with bike frames, taping process is pretty important so you don't get paint in important places that it shouldn't.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

Ya, definitely want to make sure they know a bit of knowledge with bike frames, taping process is pretty important so you don't get paint in important places that it shouldn't.
What do you think would look better/be lighter I don’t want to be adding more than a pound onto my bike with paint. And if they are same is powder coat a more durable/ nicer finish?

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Powdercoat is about 100 grams (approx), liquid paint is 70 grams (approx). Depending on how many clear coats typically powdercoat is more durable. Powdercoat can have a nicer finish because of the baking process giving it an even layer, unless you really spend the money on someone to spray it properly, but prep is king, if it isn't prepped right, it'll come out like shit. Anodizing is an option as well for saving weight, but fades faster, and rawing your frame saves the most weight.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026549
Mobile Version of Website