Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 22:51 Quote
angushall19 wrote:
I am wondering if I should get the deity highside bars in 50 or 80 rise for my new build I have never owned a dj before so I'm not really sure. I'm 5'5 with a 400 mm reach frame though the head tube is decently short. I rode a friends bike with similar reach and 80 mm bars and no problems pulling the bars to my waist, but it just felt insanely high though he did have a longer head tube. Thoughts?

Go 50mm. i thought the same thing when i was getting a new bike and my bike came with 35mm ride bars and it's perfect haven't even changed them. bars and stem are normally the first thing to go Smile

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Erm, cleaned my bike yesterday and now my brake is shit, hardly even biting. Any tips? It’s only a tektro, so might upgrade to an slx as they’re in the sale on crc.

What did you use to clean your bike?

Water and muc-off, i tried to keep the muc-off away from the rear wheel and triangle cause i know it's shit with brake pads but some must have got in there!

It is possible for rotors to be too clean, I find a good build up of pad on the rotor aids braking. Do a few stoppies or brake lightly down a long hill to get some pad build up. I have an old pad that I rub on rotors after cleaning.

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 23:09 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

What did you use to clean your bike?

Water and muc-off, i tried to keep the muc-off away from the rear wheel and triangle cause i know it's shit with brake pads but some must have got in there!

It is possible for rotors to be too clean, I find a good build up of pad on the rotor aids braking. Do a few stoppies or brake lightly down a long hill to get some pad build up. I have an old pad that I rub on rotors after cleaning.

Nice one mate will give that a go, (still might order the SLX because i have uncontrollable habits) Madder lol

Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 23:18 Quote
Your'e not alone
I also have an unhealthy relationship with new bike parts

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 1:09 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Your'e not alone
I also have an unhealthy relationship with new bike parts

I can imagine haha! tektro brake was wank anyway it must have been put on to keep the price down.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
angushall19 wrote:
I am wondering if I should get the deity highside bars in 50 or 80 rise for my new build I have never owned a dj before so I'm not really sure. I'm 5'5 with a 400 mm reach frame though the head tube is decently short. I rode a friends bike with similar reach and 80 mm bars and no problems pulling the bars to my waist, but it just felt insanely high though he did have a longer head tube. Thoughts?
I ran 80mm for a while but started finding myself wanting to go back to lower rise for same tricks like tuck-no tire grab and stuff that involved getting the wheel closer to me so I would suggest just go with 50 cause it’s higher than fu 40s which are perfect in like any bike. But it’s also not super low so it doesn’t feel like ur leaning over your bars. Or atleast that’s how it felt for me when I switched back

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
angushall19 wrote:

I'm relatively new to all this, and recently just tried 3 different setups. 800 wide 25 rise, 720 wide 35 rise, and 760 wide 50 rise (Deity Highside). I ended up cutting down My Deity's from 760 to 740, and they are damn near perfect for me. My advice would be to try and find some different bars to at least try temporarily if you can. Another thing to consider is depending on your setup, you can alter the rise with your headset stack. Also FYI I'm 6' tall with long arms. It's all about personal preference.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 0:26 Quote
Pike RCT3 adjusted to 100mm of travel.
De-adonized chainring

New forks for the Pole Tomu RAW! Pike RCT3 lowered to 100mm. Lost about 1,5kg of weight going from the 2007 DJ3. lol

Also a better picture of the de-adonized chainring.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 0:53 Quote
That's pure class!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
Anyone know where to get a pair of black 2.3 dth? All I can find is skinwall.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
StumpyJR wrote:
Anyone know where to get a pair of black 2.3 dth? All I can find is skinwall.

https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/26-maxxis-dth-skinwall-2-3-folding-tire.html

Says skinwall but there's options for black.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 5:41 Quote
I can get black at work

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 0:49 Quote
Finally built up my first dirt jumper (using some spare parts I had in my garage, and some new stuff here and there). I definitely need to get a non-setback seat post, any recommendations for a post and saddle? Is pivotal worth it, or is there really much of a difference?
photo

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 1:32 Quote
are those stans flow mk3 rims? are they really strong enough for dj/ skatepark builds?

I'm in a predicament with wheels. Either going to order a halo chaos wheelset with the 120p engagement, or get a set of hope pro 4's with a trials rear, but then i don't know what rims to get.

been asked many times i know but i'm stuck!

I like the bling factor of hopes ie colours and stuff, but then i have to go to the efforts of wheel building charges etc

The halo comes ready to ride but i've heard bad things about them, but also heard amazing things about them and i know a few people that ride for them.

I'm so stuck.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029679
Mobile Version of Website