Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 0:49 Quote
Finally built up my first dirt jumper (using some spare parts I had in my garage, and some new stuff here and there). I definitely need to get a non-setback seat post, any recommendations for a post and saddle? Is pivotal worth it, or is there really much of a difference?

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 1:32 Quote
are those stans flow mk3 rims? are they really strong enough for dj/ skatepark builds?

I'm in a predicament with wheels. Either going to order a halo chaos wheelset with the 120p engagement, or get a set of hope pro 4's with a trials rear, but then i don't know what rims to get.

been asked many times i know but i'm stuck!

I like the bling factor of hopes ie colours and stuff, but then i have to go to the efforts of wheel building charges etc

The halo comes ready to ride but i've heard bad things about them, but also heard amazing things about them and i know a few people that ride for them.

I'm so stuck.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 1:34 Quote
Lucas-Ault wrote:
Finally built up my first dirt jumper (using some spare parts I had in my garage, and some new stuff here and there). I definitely need to get a non-setback seat post, any recommendations for a post and saddle? Is pivotal worth it, or is there really much of a difference?

Pivotal is awesome for a DJ, strong, light AND cheap. You can have all 3

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 6:01 Quote
Halo are my go to for wheels for myself and customers through the shop, the supa-drive hubs are great. I've not had an issue in years and the support is great. in the UK.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
Little driveway mini kicker sesh, I love this bike. Havent ridden it in over a year...ugh.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
are those stans flow mk3 rims? are they really strong enough for dj/ skatepark builds?

I'm in a predicament with wheels. Either going to order a halo chaos wheelset with the 120p engagement, or get a set of hope pro 4's with a trials rear, but then i don't know what rims to get.

I like the bling factor of hopes ie colours and stuff, but then i have to go to the efforts of wheel building charges etc

The halo comes ready to ride but i've heard bad things about them, but also heard amazing things about them and i know a few people that ride for them.

I'm so stuck.

Industry9?

I’m planning on a custom set with purple hubs- you could build a J-band set with 690 POE

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
big price gap between halo/hope to industry nine

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

I'm so stuck.

Industry9?

I’m planning on a custom set with purple hubs- you could build a J-band set with 690 POE

Yeah dude i9 is kind of insane haha. Looking at profile elites now with Stan's flow MK3.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

I'm so stuck.

Industry9?

Yeah dude i9 is kind of insane haha. Looking at profile elites now with Stan's flow MK3.
you should look into atomlab pimplites theyre really strong. i have friends with spoon32s and therye wheels have bent faster and easier than my atomlab with hope pro 4

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Industry9?

you should look into atomlab pimplites theyre really strong. i have friends with spoon32s and therye wheels have bent faster and easier than my atomlab with hope pro 4

Will have a look brother thankyou. Sure I used to run a 24 inch pimplite front wheel back in the day and never had an issue.
Tbh spank spoons weren't even on my radar.

On another not, just built up an i9 set, half spokes orange, half turquoise with orange hubs, I think I'm in love. £1295 though minus shipping and no doubt some kind of import fee when they arrive, such a dreamy wheelset.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

Will have a look brother thankyou. Sure I used to run a 24 inch pimplite front wheel back in the day and never had an issue.
Tbh spank spoons weren't even on my radar.

On another not, just built up an i9 set, half spokes orange, half turquoise with orange hubs, I think I'm in love. £1295 though minus shipping and no doubt some kind of import fee when they arrive, such a dreamy wheelset.

I want to do purple hub + two purple spokes at the valve stem & the rest black for my bike. It’s pricey, but I don’t plan on parting with my play bike for the foreseeable future, so in the long term I think it’s not terrible.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
How much are i9 wheelsets to be considered cheaper than a profile hub?

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
[Quote="jespinal"]How much are i9 wheelsets to be considered cheaper than a profile hub?[/Quote profile elites are like 6-7 for a pair and probably another 300 max for some really nice hoops to lace them to. Where I9 is like 15-2000 for a full wheelbuild after sales tax n shipping.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
jespinal wrote:
How much are i9 wheelsets to be considered cheaper than a profile hub?

Yeah man, got the hubs in a lovely aqua colour, full set for £600. Rims and build all in looking at less than a thousand pounds.

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Shoutout to Profile not giving a shit anymore. I'd look elsewhere. The last few times I've contact them for support it's been like calling a phone company to cut the cable.

They are not the company they use to be.

I9, however, is bloody solid good. Have the Hydra hubs personally and they are sublime.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021345
Mobile Version of Website