Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
I don’t think KHE makes the dirt version anymore , I really like them.

Also bontrager g zero tyres are awesome- discontinued but might be available still
i found qhite team issue ones but they are 69usd a piece and im broke so im prob just gonna get some blackwall dths

Good tires are worth it though

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
I don’t think KHE makes the dirt version anymore , I really like them.

Also bontrager g zero tyres are awesome- discontinued but might be available still
i found qhite team issue ones but they are 69usd a piece and im broke so im prob just gonna get some blackwall dths

Good tires are worth it though
ya but where I ride is also always seems to be spots for homeless to sleep so there’s always glass and other stuff in the ground. I guess they like dirt jumps to

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
anyone know some good tires other than maxxis and kenda. ive been looking for hutchinson tires but had no luck for the 2.2s and really dont want 2.1s. so now im exploring other options tell me what u know of

I’m trying the Conti Race King 2.2

They are one of the fastest rolling 26” tires that looks suitable for dirt.

Not sure about street though

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 10:19 Quote
I recently ran some Bontrager race tires I had lying around. XR1 in the rear, XR2 in the front. These are XC tires, but were awesome on the dirt jumps. Super fast and grippy. I was worried I would be getting pinch flats with the soft sidewalls, but had no problems, even with a MASSIVE case on a double.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
anyone know some good tires other than maxxis and kenda. ive been looking for hutchinson tires but had no luck for the 2.2s and really dont want 2.1s. so now im exploring other options tell me what u know of

X King front race King rear has been my favorite setup for years. If the bike was going to do a bit more street double race King would be prime.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

my buddy had themthats really into street and this are his words when i asked about race kings,"great for dirt shit for street" so i have yet to purchase any as i do a fair share of both

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 0:46 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:

What's wrong with maxxis?

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 1:22 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

my buddy had themthats really into street and this are his words when i asked about race kings,"great for dirt shit for street" so i have yet to purchase any as i do a fair share of both

I can see that being true. I plan on sticking to mostly dirt, specifically pump track where I was just enamored with the fastest rolling tire I could find.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

I can see that being true. I plan on sticking to mostly dirt, specifically pump track where I was just enamored with the fastest rolling tire I could find.

Suggestion out of left field: If puncture protection isn't a concern and rolling speed is a priority, you thought about trying Rene Herse/Compass Rat Trap Pass tires? They're silly light and, if anything like the gravel-sized options, grip and roll well too.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

nothin I just looking for different company’s. The dth is rather a hit or miss wherever I go on my bike but I don’t want knobs on my tires because where I live is hella flat so I need good rolling speed so I’m not always peddling. And it gets really dusty here and our dirt is just sand so it’s hard to find anytime that doesn’t slip out

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

nothin I just looking for different company’s. The dth is rather a hit or miss wherever I go on my bike but I don’t want knobs on my tires because where I live is hella flat so I need good rolling speed so I’m not always peddling. And it gets really dusty here and our dirt is just sand so it’s hard to find anytime that doesn’t slip out

Speaking of DTH's...can you or anyone else speak to how they perform on dry, dusty hardpack?

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
man-wolf wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

Speaking of DTH's...can you or anyone else speak to how they perform on dry, dusty hardpack?

I only run DTH on the rear, they do grip well. I have even tried them on the front and it was quite difficult to not slam your mouth(I crash once with DTH on the front because they tend to slip over a little bit more on the front Big Grin But on the pumptrack or skatepark they will do their job just fine(DTH/DTH). I nmy opinion Ikon front DTH rear is just the combo that you want to run Smile

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
specialized renegade in 2.3" has been my favorite front tire for a long time, with a DTH in the rear.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 14:37 Quote
Maxxis pace 2.1 exo

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:

I only run DTH on the rear, they do grip well. I have even tried them on the front and it was quite difficult to not slam your mouth(I crash once with DTH on the front because they tend to slip over a little bit more on the front Big Grin But on the pumptrack or skatepark they will do their job just fine(DTH/DTH). I nmy opinion Ikon front DTH rear is just the combo that you want to run Smile

Yeah that was my experience, on swept jumps they were fine, but the public ones where the dirt is a bit loose, it was skating on the front, I was happy on the Ikon frnt,, now on a mk3, but it isn't enough, I need another ikon

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021617
Mobile Version of Website