Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
nothin I just looking for different company’s. The dth is rather a hit or miss wherever I go on my bike but I don’t want knobs on my tires because where I live is hella flat so I need good rolling speed so I’m not always peddling. And it gets really dusty here and our dirt is just sand so it’s hard to find anytime that doesn’t slip out

Speaking of DTH's...can you or anyone else speak to how they perform on dry, dusty hardpack?

I only run DTH on the rear, they do grip well. I have even tried them on the front and it was quite difficult to not slam your mouth(I crash once with DTH on the front because they tend to slip over a little bit more on the front Big Grin But on the pumptrack or skatepark they will do their job just fine(DTH/DTH). I nmy opinion Ikon front DTH rear is just the combo that you want to run Smile
exactly what I was going to say

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 18:15 Quote
Onto another topic to do with wheels and tires. Anyone think I can run tubeless dths on my spank rims. They say they have bead bite so it helps keep it seated but do you think I’d be able to run 45 psi on dirt jumps

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
In theory you can. Whether you should probably not. Tubes are king in this sub forum.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
I had issues, specifically with spank race 28s and Subrosa 30s blowing every tubeless tires i put on them within days. Might work better for you, but I don't even try to run spanks as tubeless anymore. I have carbon bontrager XXXs tubeless ony xc bike at 30 psi, for DJ pressure I don't recommend tubeless. Get tubolitos one time and be done with it.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 19:13 Quote
Good to know...building my first wheel set this week with Spoon 32’s and was considering tubeless. Not anymore.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
I've been trying to find black 2.15 DTH's for ages - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
I've been trying to find black 2.15 DTH's for ages - can anyone point me in the right direction?

https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=38138

They say they ship international.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
Draggon wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:

Thanks for that! $53.00 for shipping is pretty steep, I might see if I can fit a 2.3 in the back and still slam it

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 23:30 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:
Draggon wrote:
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:

Thanks for that! $53.00 for shipping is pretty steep, I might see if I can fit a 2.3 in the back and still slam it

Yeah I figured shipping might be pretty steep......I guess sometimes it just comes down to how bad do I really want it, hahaa.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 4:34 Quote
So, why are Kore handlebars so hard to get in the states? I'd like to get a set of the gold Rivera, but can only find them from China.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
Leedle-Leedle-Lee wrote:

I have ordered some from germany. But again, I'm from europe.
https://www.bike-components.de/en/Maxxis/DTH-MaxxPro-26-Folding-Tyre-p59682/

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Question for y’all, I know it’s personal preference. But would you get a SC Jackal or a Chromag Monk if these were your only choices ? I’m currently riding an older transition TOP size long, and looking to build a new bike.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
Question for y’all, I know it’s personal preference. But would you get a SC Jackal or a Chromag Monk if these were your only choices ? I’m currently riding an older transition TOP size long, and looking to build a new bike.

Santa Cruz has a better track record of not cracking headtubes and has a better warranty. I'd love a V1 Jackal, such a beautiful frame.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
ImMattWard wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:

Santa Cruz has a better track record of not cracking headtubes and has a better warranty. I'd love a V1 Jackal, such a beautiful frame.

Although I prefer a steel frame, in this case I think I would agree with this.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
tulipanek wrote:
man-wolf wrote:
luke-stamatiou wrote:
nothin I just looking for different company’s. The dth is rather a hit or miss wherever I go on my bike but I don’t want knobs on my tires because where I live is hella flat so I need good rolling speed so I’m not always peddling. And it gets really dusty here and our dirt is just sand so it’s hard to find anytime that doesn’t slip out

Speaking of DTH's...can you or anyone else speak to how they perform on dry, dusty hardpack?

I only run DTH on the rear, they do grip well. I have even tried them on the front and it was quite difficult to not slam your mouth(I crash once with DTH on the front because they tend to slip over a little bit more on the front Big Grin But on the pumptrack or skatepark they will do their job just fine(DTH/DTH). I nmy opinion Ikon front DTH rear is just the combo that you want to run Smile

Yeah man I run DTH tyres for skatepark and dry trails I think they're awesome

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020365
Mobile Version of Website