Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
28h is strong enough for DH riders in many cases, so I'd question why 36h is needed.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
36 fan here, though have to go custom build

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 3:06 Quote
nojzilla wrote:

Yeah man! Will look harder for my next wheels.

Another question. Has anyone got any experience with the latest version of the trick stuff trixer hydro gyro? Keen to get one a trixx bruh

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 6:42 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
Another wheel question. Why are 90% of wheels 32h these days? Like I just got a halo chaos wheel set with supadrive hub and I keep having to tighten the spokes due to slight buckles. But they don't even offer a 36h? For a dirt jump specific wheel I think that's crazy. I think 36h would give it that slight bit more solidity.

Then you see Matt Jones and Sam Pilgrim riding the same wheels and it's like how do you not fold them in half?

The spokes may not have been properly stressed and tensioned by the manufacturer.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
Build my first wheelset and finally "finished" this build.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
nojzilla wrote:

Another question. Has anyone got any experience with the latest version of the trick stuff trixer hydro gyro? Keen to get one a trixx bruh

The Title stuff looks good, not sure when it's due to sell?

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 14:17 Quote
sals wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:
nojzilla wrote:

The Title stuff looks good, not sure when it's due to sell?

Supposedly in-stock on their website dude. Gonna order one mid November when I'm back from Crete!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
has anyone tried a profile elite hub? is it good, there's one for sale locally for $400 as a full wheel, is it a good deal?

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
og03 wrote:
has anyone tried a profile elite hub? is it good, there's one for sale locally for $400 as a full wheel, is it a good deal?

I don't have any personal experience with them, but they usually retail for $400+ for the hub alone. They also might be one of the loudest hubs out there (if you're into that kind of thing). I'd love a set for my dj and for my trail bike.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
Been riding mountain bikes awhile, but this is my first dirt jumper, that I just built. I kind of splurged on some components... Identiti Dr Jekyl frame, Industry Nine wheels, Next R cranks, Fox...

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
SWEET BUILD MAN !

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
keju wrote:
Been riding mountain bikes awhile, but this is my first dirt jumper, that I just built. I kind of splurged on some components... Identiti Dr Jekyl frame, Industry Nine wheels, Next R cranks, Fox...

photo

photo

That's a rad build! Whats the final build weight?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:

I don't have a proper scale, but on a [definitely not very accurate] bathroom scale it's 23 lbs with 50psi and 60ml (each) sealant in the tubeless tires.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
keju wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:

I don't have a proper scale, but on a [definitely not very accurate] bathroom scale it's 23 lbs with 50psi and 60ml (each) sealant in the tubeless tires.

which i9 hubs?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
og03 wrote:
which i9 hubs?

Hydra single speed bolt-on rear, 20mm axle hydra front. I put a 14t cog on it and a 30t chainring. Pedals a lot like my old 20" park bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034828
Mobile Version of Website