Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
keju wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
That's a rad build! Whats the final build weight?

I don't have a proper scale, but on a [definitely not very accurate] bathroom scale it's 23 lbs with 50psi and 60ml (each) sealant in the tubeless tires.

which i9 hubs?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:44 Quote
og03 wrote:
which i9 hubs?

Hydra single speed bolt-on rear, 20mm axle hydra front. I put a 14t cog on it and a 30t chainring. Pedals a lot like my old 20" park bike.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
keju wrote:
og03 wrote:
which i9 hubs?

Hydra single speed bolt-on rear, 20mm axle hydra front. I put a 14t cog on it and a 30t chainring. Pedals a lot like my old 20" park bike.
I didn't know i9 made singlespeed hubs

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
og03 wrote:
I didn't know i9 made singlespeed hubs

I don't know if it's well advertised, but it is an option on their wheel builder if you click through the choices.

I could've chosen Boost for a stiffer front, but I didn't just in case I want to try a front brake and do more trials'y riding on occasion (Fox 36 831 doesn't have an option for a brake mount spaced for Boost as far as I know).

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
Yea that's a solid build man, looks great!!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
og03 wrote:
has anyone tried a profile elite hub? is it good, there's one for sale locally for $400 as a full wheel, is it a good deal?

I had one on my old 24" bike but it was bmx spacing one.

It was honestly amazing, and i'm disappointed with my Halo supadrive so i am going to get another one.

It was completely faultless for 3 years, didn't skip once and it sounded unreal!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 1:43 Quote
Whats wrong with your supadrive?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:30 Quote
Yea that's a solid build man, looks great!!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
Whats wrong with your supadrive?

just seems to skip a lot mate. had it a part, stretched the springs in the cassette, got louder but still did it. so i got new pawls and springs, it's loud and clicky but still skips.

not as much, but every now and then! don't really know what to do about it to be honest

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
need a new drive ring, supra drives wear out pretty quick

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
nojzilla wrote:

Is that built in to the hub? or is it replaceable?

i rang halo and gave them the code thats on the flange of the rear hub and they found out it was made in january 2018, so it's been sat in stock for a year and a half.

so i wonder if they used it as a demo or something to show people how it sounded or whatever. god knows.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:52 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
nojzilla wrote:

i rang halo and gave them the code thats on the flange of the rear hub and they found out it was made in january 2018, so it's been sat in stock for a year and a half.

so i wonder if they used it as a demo or something to show people how it sounded or whatever. god knows.

Just found them on triton cycles, the tool is expensive but may be worth getting one just in case.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:55 Quote
Most products on a bike have been sat in a warehouse for a year before they go anywhere, ask halo direct about the tool and they might tell you the nearest shop that has it.

Halo direct has got the bits too:
https://www.halowheels.com/shop/spares/hub-spares/supadrive-spare-parts/

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
Done some digging on Instagram, the NS hub is a freecoaster. No idea about any details though, I think it's still a prototype
Also check the print on SRAM cranks and disc rotors, everything is usually made a year before you buy it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
nojzilla wrote:

Another thing is to use the right lube, a dry lube an even then use very little. Mine would skip, I would just tend to wipe everything clean. spray some teflon lube on an let it dry an another wipe before reassembling. As for the drive ring, ask Halo about sending the hub in for service they're pretty good with stuff like that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021820
Mobile Version of Website