Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
Thanks guys. It seemed fairly dry to be honest with the old finger test my finger was completely dry after running it over the engagements and driver assembly. (Queue puns)

I'd contact halo but it just cost me £32 to post my old wheelset in the post so for all the hassle I'd rather ride it for now as it is rideable, and order the tool and drive ring cause I plan to have this wheel set for a while if it runs well it would probably do me a favour to have the tool if they do wear down quickly it should be a pretty quick replacement.

Cheers for the help lads will probably be on here moaning about it if it still skips, at that point I'll contact halo haha!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
I wouldn't personally say that they wear quickly, I ride 1-2 times a week and I've had the same hubs for 2 years without replacing anything except bearings.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
I wouldn't personally say that they wear quickly, I ride 1-2 times a week and I've had the same hubs for 2 years without replacing anything except bearings.

That's what I don't quite understand mate. The wheels are brand new, only about a month old.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
That's a rad build! Whats the final build weight?

23.3 lbs on a proper scale

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
Great weight man, that bike will rip! Love seeing fresh pro level builds!

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 4:17 Quote
Ya that bike is super nice. I didn’t know identiti made a dj frame

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
Ah this makes it hard to not find an i9 dj hub/wheelset

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
I just purchased a new frame. I was disappointed to see rust under the clearcoat coming from the headtube guesset and a bit at the dropouts. I was told I shouldn't worry about it because it's electro plated and I'll get a 2 year extended warranty on the head tube. Thoughts on it?
Thoughts Brand new frame with rust under the clear coat
Thoughts? Brand new frame with rust under the clear coat

Thoughts Brand new frame with rust under the clear coat
Thoughts? Brand new frame with rust under the clear coat

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
Structurally, sure I guess it'll be fine. But aesthetically I wouldn't want my brand new frame to have a huge rust mark on it, I'd be telling them I want a new one.

Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
Chemical strip the clear and use WD40 to keep it fresh, its the only way now....

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 1:44 Quote
I'd suggest that if I paid new prices then I'd want a new bike, if I get a bike with rust under the clearcoat then I'd want the price to reflect that.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
Thanks, I requested a refund or replacement frame. I'd be happy with a partial refund but paying full price for that just didn't sit right with me..

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
What is it? I don't recognize that gusset

Posted: Oct 26, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
Does anyone know about silicon bronze welded frames? I rode a bmx frame made like that in spain once, and i saw the DH bike here on PB that was welded with bronze. Sounds cool but isnt being applied much. Is it weaker than regular chromoly frames ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019769
Mobile Version of Website